SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:51 PM

Honestly, why do you guys even have a public relations wing at this point. It's obvious that no matter what decision you guys make the community will be outraged at you, due to past relations blunders. Setting up something like this in concept, Staff should have known, with all the past QQ from this community, that we could not handle this decision.
i'm tired of hearing from staff "you guys should not bite the hand that feeds". After years and years of the same reaction from the same people, how do you guys expect any different reaction than the one you get every time you do something. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, you guys might be clinically insane at this point.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 PM

Hi guys,

I normaly don't tell my views in discussions like that but I have 2 massive problems with the actual situation:

1.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.... Do you think I wanted to put 16 hours into this Poll in two days only to have it removed? I already put over 30 hours a week into this project and some ignorant jerk like you comes in here like you own the place making outlandish false assumptions. I already said we stuffed up and we are sorry, what else do you want? If your out for blood it isn't going to happen. Take your attitude and hit the road.
You think he/she is wrong? Ok no problem! You want to tell us that it's not your fault how unhappy the people are and that you have put in a lot of work? Understood and much appreciated! BUT never ever should someone of the community lead(GM, Community Managers, Devs) ever call community members like this. Why? Because if someone from the devs speak like this everyone else will shortly talk like this...

2.)

I have no problem with the decision of the devs to don't do a wipe even if I voted for a wipe.
BUT you state SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Now my problem is if you do a poll (which you don't need to) you HAD TO do whatever the poll result is. Just because of the morale of the community as this community think they are a big part of the project. If you need to do the opposite of the poll result just "modify" the poll result. It will not have that much impact on the community as the actual solution...

BTW for all that think the devs do it in their free time and we have no rights do critism just think about what will happen to all the hard work if we always say "Yes, Yes,..." - everytime the community will loose people until no people are there anymore. The devs worked hard but no one left to thank them or honor their work.

After that said I still have trust into this project and I am sure the devs will learn a lot from these events.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:56 PM

I've been playing SWG since release, I'm glad the EMU is around. I don't play to much cuz i know the OR is coming and everything is gona get wiped anyways. BUT, is there any word on how far away the OR REALLY is?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:00 AM

Is there an OR???

O.o
Old 04-28-2010, 12:01 AM

next year
Old 04-28-2010, 12:02 AM

Bummer!

I have played for a couple months now and can not seem to be able to compete on the trade forums with those that have some many credits. So a wipe was seen as a leveling of the playing field.

Oh well. Hopefully the OR wipe will be this summer some time.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:03 AM

I am confused.

the developers control the code on the forums
the developers control the code in the game.

the developers posted a vote and set the rules for the vote and what would happen based on the vote.

Yet the vote was disregarded partly because of new accounts?
if you control the forums cant you control how and who places the votes?
Set limits of account age? SOMETHING?

I dont care which way the vote went.
I am pissed because I was misled by the people I TRUST to bring this game to its fullest potential.

Now that this vote and bull**** has happened...I dont trust a word the devs say.

I doubt the OR is actually gonna happen at this point.

Are they just milking donation money and using it for something else then what they say it is being used for?

I cant trust them anymore and will NEVER donate money to this project until it is finished.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:12 AM

OUTRAGE....i can't believe i pay a monthly subscription fee for this!!

...oh wait.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 AM

All these whiners. Just be thankful we even have this game.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:16 AM

You babies are just crying because you can't use Blue Frogs. Waaaah Waaaah I want free skillz i want jedi waaah.

Best Template for Soloing in CU.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 AM

I love you all, marry me.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topllama View Post
Bummer!

I have played for a couple months now and can not seem to be able to compete on the trade forums with those that have some many credits. So a wipe was seen as a leveling of the playing field.

Oh well. Hopefully the OR wipe will be this summer some time.
That really is a sad reason to wipe. I'm a newbie so please wipe. Going over many comments in the poll, a majority that voted yes with many ridiculous variations of demands on a wipe (credits, items, accounts etc..) simply wanted it to "even the playing field", it's clear.

That is no reason to wipe the database, it's just being mean to the existing community that is waiting for the OR and that wipe, there really is no need for bug reporting at this time. And yes before I get flamed, I know some vets do want a wipe, I do respect their opinions. Yet many that have been here for years probably would not even come back after such a pre-or wipe for a time since we know it will get wiped again, and we are hoping the wipe for the OR is soon.

If they did wipe it, it would only mean that the OR release is no time soon, so why spend the time starting over to "even the playing field" (or variation of that comment), we have family and friends, a life, and investing in a beta stage (a lame duck stage actually) to accommodate the newer players is pretty silly; if you really give it some thought.

Come on people, restore civility, go with the flow, take a chill pill, a wipe will be around soon enough, and at a point we will all agree it's really needed (e.g for the OR). If you are new, just tough it out, we pretty much all have here at one time or another.

Last edited by Daywolf; 04-28-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 AM

Umm... I really hope you guys have a better way of managing the database than just forcing a wipe down on everyone. You know, like a rollback or something. Kinda like all other MMOs? ffs, my WoW shard creates DB backups every 6 hours, but I can schedule it to whatever I want.

IGN: Snakesan - 'Snakesan - Duke-Nukem - TrandoSlaveI - Solid-
IRC: Snakesan<WyKyD>
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 AM

"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."

--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Unban Spun!
/sign
Old 04-28-2010, 12:29 AM

Well i voted yes for wipe but with frogies no clue where i would have found one but a pet blue frog sounded nice(this is a joke i know its not funny but it made me smile.) Anyway i intend to keep playing as it really doesn't hurt me at all that people have tons of duped stuff, though it would have been nice to restart MeH i am over it. Let the good times roll.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: