SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 12:32 AM

The devs and us have a symbiotic relationship here, folks.

Notice how the minute a dev posts in this thread, the hate goes down? It’s easy to attack the wizard behind the curtain, a lot harder when he actually says something back.

That doesn’t mean the devs weren’t wrong, just that it takes a public face and accountability to calm people down. That’s what PR is. A public face.

In the grand scale of the Emu, wiping the TC isn’t really that big of a deal. But it does show us how the relationship between the devs and community works.

People will always be pissed when their voice isn’t heard. I voted for a wipe. I stand by that choice.

The Emu has never been known for great community relations; maybe this will create a spark that will change that.

I hope it does.

-Tay

P.S. For what it’s worth:

Devs, for all your hard work, volunteering, and for donning the flame suits, thank you.

And to the community, we are a salty bunch ready to call bull**** at the drop of a hat. If we weren’t this passionate about this damn game it would have dead a long time ago. For that, thank you.

TayTay May
Old 04-28-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamahl Krosa View Post
You babies are just crying because you can't use Blue Frogs. Waaaah Waaaah I want free skillz i want jedi waaah.
I WAS looking forward to the frogs actually.

I recently decided to make an attempt at the Armorsmith profession since I've always enjoyed crafting. It has been VERY slow going and I gained a new appreciation for those who have made this progression on a test server.

I would've been fine without frogs, I just wouldn't start armorsmith again!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:52 AM

I just hope that we can get past this mess! There are a lot of good people here. While we might not always agree on everything,we are all here for the same thing!

I am disappointed how this all went down but it isn't life changing. I respect everyones opinion's but we really need to calm down.And I think that is beginning to happen. This is a great community and the Team is awesome. I believe this will make us a stronger community in the end.

Thankx,

AlphaDawg

Need Help? Search Here

Helpful Links

CAN'T CONNECT?

"A house divided against itself cannot stand". Abraham Lincoln

** MY BLACK LIST ~ Leonidovich (Russian) **
Old 04-28-2010, 12:56 AM

suck it up QQ'ers, its TC
-----------------------------------
Old 04-28-2010, 01:00 AM

I would just like to say that I've been here since all you could do is run around Anchorhead on this test server. I really appreciate all the hard work that you folks have done to bring us closer to a real pre-cu game. I voted for a wipe also, but it's no big deal. I am truly enjoying just playing and testing on the server. Thank you.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawnbroker View Post
if it walks like soe, and it talks like soe, its soe.......thanks for reminding us all that you're really soe

soe 2.0
Old 04-28-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoc View Post
soe 2.0
makes as much since as comparing modern day politicians to Hitler and Stalin.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
makes as much since as comparing modern day politicians to Hitler and Stalin.
Godwin's law never fails.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:51 AM

Dang! (room spinning)

/recoverFromBeingBlindsided

Apparently, another symptom of the blue frog virus is saying your going to do one thing and doing another.

I wrote some funny stuff about the blue frog virus in my previous post. Can we get the poll thread back?

/warning2Devs Stop trippin on bluF. That stuff is dangerous! The hi is just not worth it.

/requestCommunityStopFlaming

/thank devs

/startSWGEmu

P.S.
/?2Devs Did you run out of TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
I will say that it makes me chuckle a little seeing this page, and seeing the number of people who originally were saying things like "Wipe it, the devs obviously want to" and etc... are complaining now and the number of people talking about quitting now that they have said no wipe are saddening. Last time I looked the vote poll wasn't "Yes, and give me blue frogs or I QUIT!".

I'm not a forum mod, none of us are but the mods. If they put up the vote with the intention of it being a fair vote and creating a good discussion, then saw that it was in any way becoming one that was questionable (BOTH the YES and NO sides made accusations of tampering, proxy clicking, etc..), and saw the level of division it was creating in the community, I can't blame them for taking it down.

What they did was in NO way the same as what SOE did or does. SOE didn't run a serious poll that was aimed at letting the players dictate what would happen. SOE didn't consult with players before implementing changes, or tossing out the CU or NGE. All they did was say "this is what's gonna happen, kkthnxbye".

Players should be grateful the developers even considered putting up a poll to let players decide, and should also realize that a forum based poll is a great way to express thoughts and opinions, but not something that should be used to determine the course of the game.

The devs tried it, and it turned into a complete mess. I for one am grateful they tried, but believe the COMMUNITY could've AS A WHOLE handled it a lot better than they did. A lot of people made assumptions of a wipe, and others that there'd be no wipe, and as a result many players did things IN GAME that were geared toward a wipe. This phenomenon is exactly why the developers did the RIGHT thing is saying "ok this is a cluster-bleep, let's end it".

I will remind all of those who screamed "It's a TC, it should be wiped" and "If the Devs want to wipe, then wipe!" that yes, it IS a TC, it IS the Devs call, and if they look at what's happening when they experiment with letting the COMMUNITY become more involved in the decision making process and that spirals out of control... yeah I can't blame them for calling it.

I take this as a learning experience for everyone...including the developers...and now they know that it's a completely BAD idea to try to let "the Community" try to decide the course of the server. So, to that end, I say let's get back to playing, maybe the devs can patch in some of the dupe fixes, and let's move one like they hadn't brought the poll in the first place.

After all, HAD they NEVER put the polls up, we'd ALL be doing the exact same thing today as we were before the polls were up...Grinding away, making creds, talking, chatting, beating each other up in duels, all the while waiting for the OR.
QFE -very well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Godwin's law never fails.
Not making a direct comparison :P

And I prefer Murphy's Law

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 01:52 AM

Perhaps you folks should read more carefully. Since part of the Community tried to manipulate the voting by creating new accounts. The only thing that was possible was to withdraw the poll and to stay on the path as planned.
It the inet so there are a lot of ways to cheat and manipulate things, so from a good community, i would expect people not to make an personal advantage of bugs and errors like credit and item Duping, if there would be not so much egoism it would be much nicer but there is defenitly no way to change mankind.

So take it as it is don´t blame them, blame the a**holes that cannot stay with certain standards and who go for every method to get their will.

Thx to the team for for taking a hard decision , but i can understand them pretty well.
And thx for giving us a great game back.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
Not making a direct comparison :P

And I prefer Murphy's Law
Still a comparison.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:04 AM

I just dont see how you can compare this with $OE. Im not trying to flame anyone. What happened here isnt even close to what $OE did.

$OE took a game we paid for, loved and scraped it for the NGE! Completely changing the game. I really dont think a wipe or no wipe really changes the game much and on top of that we dont have to pay to play!

What happened here was disappointing but crap happens.People make mistakes.Its what we do. Believe it or not,no one is perfect. Not even the EMU Team.

Remember the hate we had,(I still have),for $OE??
Can you honestly tell me you have the same hate for the EMU Team over this?? I would have to hate them that much to be able to compare the two!

But hey,thats me! Im not even a little mad over this mess,(I voted for the wipe),.It was just a mistake, it isnt the first and it sure as hell wont be the last.

Right now Im just thankful I can play/test pre-cu and have confidence the Team will do whats best for this server. I respect their decisions whether I think it to be right or wrong.

Thankx,

AlphaDawg

Need Help? Search Here

Helpful Links

CAN'T CONNECT?

"A house divided against itself cannot stand". Abraham Lincoln

** MY BLACK LIST ~ Leonidovich (Russian) **
Old 04-28-2010, 02:08 AM

Ya cant tell me everyone involved on the "swg team" who had a say in all of this, read the funny business that went on with the poll in its last minutes before being locked and removed.

I'm at a big 'whatever' when it comes to this game, ya its fun, but when the day ends..... its the devs puppy to kick, and no one elses.

speedhacks, rubber banding, and now this, rinse and repeat
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: