SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:19 AM

Prior unuseable content. Mmm, delicious.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Client Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
Hmm, I have to ask -- Are you using tools exclusively provided by SWGEmu's Dev team? I very much envy you, I wish I could transfer species to SWG personally myself.

If not then I should try figuring this out by myself. Are all species in the .mgn file format?? I wonder how you got the species to recognize weight, height, etc.
The tools we use are the tools available to everyone else, TREExplorer etc. if we ever have tools developed for us we will release them, we're not the kind to cry and hoard our toys

The first step to adding a species is actually a ui file, that adds the species to the selection and gives the basic data on them, there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartyr View Post
I'm pretty disappointed by the fact that there's valuable coding ability going to waste. Just because they're not currently part of the development team, doesn't mean they can't contribute to an OPEN SOURCE project.

I'm also considering that DavinFilth is part of the administration on eXile, and I'm not the only guild leader that will be pulling funding if this crap ever goes live on that server.
I like what you did with my last name there, clever...

Firstly, none of us on the Client Dev team can code C++ (or probably any other language except the clients "language") so unfortunately that does mean we can't contribute directly to the code, we do however contribute wherever we can.

This project is separate to eXile, just because I'm an admin at eXile doesn't mean this stuff is going to go live there, some of this stuff is also just to show our capabilities and what is possible with the client that we can provide for servers that want them, everything is optional, please don't make assumptions that servers will or wont be using these, it's up to them.

EDIT: Comments on the YouTube videos as well? I wasn't bothered when you just commented here, that's criticism that I can take but now I've seen you commented on the YouTube videos with complete disrespect I see you're just wannabe trolls, what an epic fail, you guys are making a poor show of representing SWGEmu, congrats on the epic fail. I've removed the YouTube comments btw.

Last edited by DavinFelth; 06-14-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: To comment on the epic fail of some wannabe trolls :|
Old 06-14-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinFelth View Post
The tools we use are the tools available to everyone else, TREExplorer etc. if we ever have tools developed for us we will release them, we're not the kind to cry and hoard our toys

The first step to adding a species is actually a ui file, that adds the species to the selection and gives the basic data on them, there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes.

I like what you did with my last name there, clever...

Firstly, none of us on the Client Dev team can code C++ (or probably any other language except the clients "language") so unfortunately that does mean we can't contribute directly to the code, we do however contribute wherever we can.

This project is separate to eXile, just because I'm an admin at eXile doesn't mean this stuff is going to go live there, some of this stuff is also just to show our capabilities and what is possible with the client that we can provide for servers that want them, everything is optional, please don't make assumptions that servers will or wont be using these, it's up to them.

EDIT: Comments on the YouTube videos as well? I wasn't bothered when you just commented here, that's criticism that I can take but now I've seen you commented on the YouTube videos with complete disrespect I see you're just wannabe trolls, what an epic fail, you guys are making a poor show of representing SWGEmu, congrats on the epic fail. I've removed the YouTube comments btw.
very professional replies, to someone with a childish attitude.

davin (or anyone else working on swgemu or the client mod team) please do not take these ridiculous comments to heart, i speak for 99% of the swgemu community when i say that we look forward to any and all new content, that is given to us as an option.

Sumane Larif
Teräs Käsi Master
Old 06-14-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumane View Post
very professional replies, to someone with a childish attitude.

davin (or anyone else working on swgemu or the client mod team) please do not take these ridiculous comments to heart, i speak for 99% of the swgemu community when i say that we look forward to any and all new content, that is given to us as an option.
/agree
Old 06-14-2008, 03:19 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinFelth View Post
there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes.

Only edit the mesh if you want to add in customization and its pretty difficult and i got to say it is really really unbelievably buggy

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 06-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

We all appreciate your work, ignore those idiots please.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:49 PM

Once you guys figure out how to mesh edit... make some Kel Dor :P then I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 06-14-2008, 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=DavinFelth;199022]The tools we use are the tools available to everyone else, TREExplorer etc. if we ever have tools developed for us we will release them, we're not the kind to cry and hoard our toys

The first step to adding a species is actually a ui file, that adds the species to the selection and gives the basic data on them, there's no need for any mesh editing so far because we're adding species that are already in the game somewhere or are in game somewhere in future publishes./QUOTE]

K thanks for clarifying the tools portion. I was actually going to be interested in seeing what tools were there.

as for adding species.

I figured as much. I pondered this a few months ago with the UI bit. Have you successfully zoned into the game yet? I figure that it'll require some database information to be edited, and maybe you haven't gotten that far quite yet?

I guess all the species information as for size and weight and all that is predetermined in the mgn mesh files then, and you set the skin colors via palette file. Impressive work though. I was planning on fiddling with this myself before-hand, but you guys beat me to it!

What do you have left to do on the species? Just zoning and have the game actually distinguish your species correctly?

I might shoot you a PM later on and bug ya :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 PM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Thread closed for a while. If this line of arguments continues on re-open, I will temp ban people.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 06-15-2008, 06:08 PM

So are you talking about ALTERING stuff?

Client dev means what? are we not here to keep preCU same?

Are you a team hoping to make available additions or changes?

Additions that are optional is a good thing - changes are bad imo but as long as optional and no REAL dev team works on them it's cool if available

Some of those would be great as optional extras.
Are you talking about doing for everyone what each server might be able to do for itself later - add-ons?
Or is this stuff to put in the distribution with hooks to turn them on?

Last edited by Shrek98; 06-15-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:20 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek98 View Post

Addition and Optional based on what the server wants.

Sorry i had to cut most of the quote out its 23:20 currently and it confused me a bit because I'm tired and not thinking straight lol

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 06-15-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek98 View Post
So are you talking about ALTERING stuff?

Client dev means what? are we not here to keep preCU same?

Additions that are optional is a good thing - changes are bad imo but as long as optional and no REAL dev team works on them it's cool if available

Some of those would be great as optional extras.
Are you talking about doing for everyone what each server might be able to do for itself later - add-ons?
Or is this stuff to put in the distribution with hooks to turn them on?
This has been already been touched on before, but I am going to try and explain it in depth.

We are not here to make any 'changes' or 'combat upgrades' to the game. We are making completely OPTIONAL add-ons to the client/game. These files that are modified so that we can have extra races/professions/planets and etc are all contained in their own .tre, so none of the 'core' files are touched, and the way the client reads them is you have to edit swgemu_live.cfg to add in the tre, which again is completely optional.

Also, again EVERYTHING is optional as to what the server communities wish to have. They can have feature x and feature y, feature x but not feature y, or none of our additions.

I hope that clears everything up.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 06-15-2008, 09:52 PM

I hope a working precu non altered one works and is the focus before anything else is even considered let alone given attention,but hey what do I know.....

you guys are doing a great job either way
Old 06-15-2008, 10:22 PM

why is it no-one seems to be able to understand the word optional?

none of these changes and additions are going to be forced on you. the swgemu team isnt working on them a seperate team is. so the core server will still be pre-CU in all its glory (we hope :P)

anything else is the same as the future server ideas, an option for servers and their communities to implement if they so wish.

these guys are doing some awesome work though, congrats and keep it up
Old 06-15-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waa View Post
I hope a working precu non altered one works and is the focus before anything else is even considered let alone given attention,but hey what do I know.....

you guys are doing a great job either way
I wouldnt worry about that... Im sure there will be.

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: