Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post
Might we ask who you are? You seem to be speaking for the ANH team, yet no one knows you, and admin here has asked you not to continue to spew misinformation.

You appear to me to be trolling, and posts like this are just going to make trouble.
I'm not speaking for SWGANH. But one could only think of an agreement under certain conditions such as those.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryxmas View Post
I'm not speaking for SWGANH. But one could only think of an agreement under certain conditions such as those.
So far, you're the only one thinking that... If teams were consolidated, it doesn't mean they'd have to lose their forums too. Sheesh.

~June 20th, 2008~

The FEW, the PROUD, the TROLLS.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
One meaning you? You don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you just sit back and watch with the rest of us.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Retired Game Master

/agree Metalhomicide. I can imagine several types of compromise and reconcilliations that are outside what you have mentioned merryxmas. You're speculating.

Let's not limit what is a new beginning by speculating any further.

The teams are in discussion. Let's actually wait to see what will develop.

/crossfingers
/check pompoms
/practice highkicks
/workon cheer

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>

Last edited by Serpentkaa; 06-06-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhomicide View Post
So far, you're the only one thinking that... If teams were consolidated, it doesn't mean they'd have to lose their forums too. Sheesh.
Wouldn't it be even more ridiculous if SWGEmu backed out of the agreement because of a condition like that?
Old 06-06-2008, 03:23 AM

Merryxmas feels the need to feel important... ........................ many times over.

On topic... I hope this thread stays positive.. Over the last few hours it seems to be going in the wrong direction. I like the community here at SWGEMU and I am sure ANH and the rest as well as server communities will all have their groups of loyalists. I think we should celebrate the fact that we like our respective communities but not dislike the others. Just because things may have been done (I only know about the TG thing) but it wasn't the community at fault, if fault must be held at all.

I think this was a good step forward and, as it was already stated by the OP, it is up to everyone to accept and unite rather than to isolate. I say that the little guys like myself sit back and see what happens and only offer our support. We do not need to toss up theoretical road blocks before they occur.

Last edited by Aremathiea; 06-06-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't it be even more ridiculous if SWGEmu backed out of the agreement because of a condition like that?
What's even more ridiculous is how you've stopped making sense. Quit trying to start trouble. This is seriously the complete opposite of what's being discussed in the OP, and you're just trolling now.

~June 20th, 2008~

Old 06-06-2008, 03:25 AM

Thats the spirit Kyle. Great attitude.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:27 AM

Quote:
What's even more ridiculous is how you've stopped making sense. Quit trying to start trouble. This is seriously the complete opposite of what's being discussed in the OP, and you're just trolling now.
/agree. Devils advocate = fail in a situation such as this.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:27 AM

This could possibly be the best thing to ever happen to the 2 teams, communities and the pre cu emulator for a good couple of years. This only looks like good news to me and i'm certainly staying quietly optimistic.
--------------------------------------
Old 06-06-2008, 03:35 AM

Quote:
You're misinterpreting my message. I just want everyone to go in there with an open mind. This is not going to be an easy process. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Be prepared by keeping an open mind to any possibility.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:37 AM

Quote:
You're misinterpreting my message. I just want everyone to go in there with an open mind. This is not going to be an easy process. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

No need to imagine problems before they occur. Simply because we do not know the process of what may come does not mean we should prepare for the worst. Sure, by all means, lets have an open mind, but not so open that our minds fall out. I believe in being ready, but this is not a military operation or surgery.

Last edited by Aremathiea; 06-06-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
But being open-minded about insane possibilities will just make you paranoid and crazy... It was my understanding that SWG Emu was offering other teams to come help here, not offering their forums and source (Beside what's already open-source) to other teams. I doubt we'd see any loss of the community/work that's been established here; we're more likely to see progress and additions.

~June 20th, 2008~

Last edited by metalhomicide; 06-06-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
But being open-minded about insane possibilities will just make you paranoid and crazy... It was my understanding that SWG Emu was offering other teams to come help here, not offering their forums and source to other teams. I doubt we'd see any loss of the community/work that's been established here; we're more likely to see progress and additions.
The problem I do see as a possible issue is how each team designs their code. SWGANH may not want some of SWGEmu's code but bits and pieces of it.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:47 AM

Kyle, once again you live up to your title of 'all round cool guy'.

Great post, I just hope that people take note of it, and begin to start working together towards the common goal.

Click Here to Vote for DRAKE on the Top 200 SWG Guilds/Communities.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: