SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
Ashor...

Have you (or are you) being given a new force sensitive character? I think the community needs to know. To my knowledge you haven't addressed this yet.
why would it matter its really none of anyone buisness
Old 10-19-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
FLAMING? Are you serious?! Then, you pull a Hitler and say that if we don't agree with your poorly thought out shenanigans that we are evil towards the project? Holy crap batman .

This is NOT flaming, this is the community up in arms over this bull****.
Bad choice of words from my side ... instead of flaming it should be bickering

What needed to be said has been said, right now it's watching a pingpong match.

Now it's up to the emu team to pick this up and come with a statement on how to fix this.

I think it needs a new thread that recaps this one, and then argue in a sensible and productive way on how to move forward.

Hey ... dammit ... i'm trying to help here .... sorry if i suck at that
Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningdisease View Post
You guys are still arguing about this?

Look, Ashur said himself he WILL NOT be on the exploitation discovery team, which will be STAFF MONITORED, not a PART OF STAFF. They are essentially community members volunteering more of their time to one aspect they know about, which the Devs have requested help on.

Those of you upset about the "over-turning" of the new policy, please let me clarify the situation for you:

1. Exploitation and 3rd party "hacking" tools were becoming far too prevalent and was disrupting testing and playing. In response, the Zero-Tolerance policy was drafted and enacted swiftly.
2. Upon further deliberation with more STAFF members, the policy has been MODIFIED. It now allows for testing of exploits and 3rd Party vulnerabilities, as long as its reported, otherwise ZERO TOLERANCE for those activities.
3. STAFF is going to monitor and keep a close eye on anyone (and their friends) who has reported an exploit or 3rd party vulnerability, we aren't throwing this to the wolves.

Please understand that we are still in a testing phase, and that we need to develop stronger methods of exploit and 3rd party vulnerability protections, we are going to use every method at our disposal to do so.

If it REALLY wrankles you so much that there are people purposely finding exploits on our Test Center, please wait until SC comes out, and you wont have to worry about it, you'll be able to play with all of the protections and assurances against disruptive occurances that a commercial MMO provides.

To those of you upset that Ashur helped STAFF members out by explaining all of the issues his group of friends discovered, and that STAFF was appreciative for it (he could have simply told them off and spammed treacherous links, crash 3rd party gathering utilities, and act like an immature jerk), I'm sorry that you hold such low opinions of people and distrust the Team that has been working on this to such an extent.

PLEASE NOTE! THE SKY IS NOT FALLING, no matter how many people say it is. SWGEmu is resilient, its been proven over our 5+ year existence, we've had issues FAR more troubling than a few players abusing exploits.

I think a lot of you are blowing this out of proportion. Lets give this a few days, trust in the team that has put so much work into getting this game back. Enjoy yourselves, its not the end of the world, its a videogame.
Let's get a couple things straight.

The meeting to overturn and modify the policy was done with LESS staff, not more. This was said point blank on IRC by staff.

Second, Ashur only started reporting bugs & exploits (still keeping some to himself and his guild) AFTER he was caught the first time.

How exactly should we NOT be upset about this, considering Kyle made it out to be a staff held position?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningdisease View Post
You guys are still arguing about this?

Look, Ashur said himself he WILL NOT be on the exploitation discovery team,
So instead, he's just unbanned for no reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
Ashor...

Have you (or are you) being given a new force sensitive character? I think the community needs to know. To my knowledge you haven't addressed this yet.
I want an answer to this question.

your testing community does not want exploiters/ hackers. why is anyone denying it? hince the almost 9 page thread.
fyi. soon as the word gets out to anyone that would want to play the finished emu and hear that its being hacked and exploited all threw development most will not play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
So instead, he's just unbanned for no reason?
There's a reason, it's called he has developer friends.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:23 PM

breaking things in develpmont ensures fixes for a v1.0 this much we know
Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 PM

Another question- if the team is now allowing people to openly test exploits, as long as they are reported, how are they sure that these people are reporting exploits? Staff cannot monitor everyone 247, how do we know when to report somebody exploiting for the wrong reasons or do we just assume "I hope this person is reporting this exploit"
Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
breaking things and reporting the cause and effect to the development team in develpmont ensures fixes for a v1.0 this much we know
Fixed for you.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I want an answer to this question.
word is his account was erased as in crushed and smeared like a barn roach and ashurs....... gave him a new geared and full templated jedi. thats just the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
breaking things, and reporting only a select few of exploits and scripts, in develpmont ensures fixes and project mistrust for a v1.0 this much we know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
Fixed for you.
Fixed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
i didnt grief anyone, one guy reported me for griefing, but i have screenshots to back up that he was the one that started being a **** and i got pissed at him and started saying things that werent that nice back
Ofc you do man. A hacker like yourself will always be prepare or fake something to to prove you didn't do it. You hacked, you exploited and griefed. This time you was caught red handed with videos, screenshots and at least 10 people. You can't back track it now. Even if you didn't have proof your staff buddies how made it clear before and will again to see you clear and free.

Given you a 2nd chance man. How many how you gotten?

This was a power move of corruption by the some staff to get you back in. You will return to your old trick. I give everyone a benefit of the doubt but you went beyond that and people have proof. Lie and say force run 3 all you want.

Its not about you being jedi man. Its your actions is why people are against you. You are a cheater and you always will be out for yourself and not the good of the community. If it was me that did what you did I would be gone just the like the rest that got caught.

Kyle tried to cover it up by saying no one hacked jedi. Period, End of story. Before you got caught again with proof. No one said you hacked jedi but the fact you hacked/exploited your way to it and cont. to do so.

You shouldn't gotten another chance. This has nothing to do with me liking you or not but the facts of what you did and cont. to do and the devs/staff backing you and your crew.

Now your buddies got you unbanned and set the new policy up in your favor so you can do it all you want. Something is wrong here and its goes beyond what is good for the live server.

You can't keep lieing to the community. Were not buying it no more. You guys have tarnished what you trying to create by doing this.

Last edited by Wolverine79; 10-19-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geforce View Post
word is his account was erased as in crushed and smeared like a venimouse roach and ashurs....... gave him a new geared and full templated jedi. thats just the word.
Zomg really?

He should be put in jail tbh.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Game Master and Event Coordinator
Community Team

Quote:
Let's get a couple things straight.

The meeting to overturn and modify the policy was done with LESS staff, not more. This was said point blank on IRC by staff.

Second, Ashur only started reporting bugs & exploits (still keeping some to himself and his guild) AFTER he was caught the first time.

How exactly should we NOT be upset about this, considering Kyle made it out to be a staff held position?
A.) The decision was not OVERTURNED, it was MODIFIED. ZERO TOLERANCE is still in effect for those who do not report their findings.

B.) The term "LESS" is subjective, as it was in essence, a continuation of a discussion that began with the original Policy, there was just input from MORE STAFF members than the when the original policy was announced, thus the policy was modified due to this new input and perspective.

C.) Would you rather he never reported the bugs/exploits at all? Old addage: "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer."

D.) I apologize to the community on behalf of STAFF for ANY miscommunication or unclear explanation of the modified policy. I hope you can agree to understand the actuality of the situation, which is that the exploit finding volunteers ARE NOT ON STAFF.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Last edited by learningdisease; 10-19-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: