SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelvin View Post
well that is just plain stupidity.
Don't be disrespectful mate.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:25 PM

i swear have any of you been in early beta testing for a MMO before cause its usually ALOT worse than this, way more crashes and bugs
Old 09-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

A special thank you to the people who have to do crap like this. Grow up. We have.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:27 PM

Well although it kinda sucks some idiot is doing DoS attack on the server, and majorly lame to.

I do want to show some appreciation for the the staff and the programmers who trying to get a stable version out and now have their time eaten by this idiot, since they now have to work around his mess.

People keep up the good work, we appreciate you anyway, anyhow, anywhere

With kind regards from Holland
Old 09-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Just so we're clear, the incident reported in the OP of this thread is over.. for now, anyway. My last post is in reference to the up/down times occurring over the last 24 hours. This is NOT related to additional DoS attacks.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:35 PM

Yea really. What we all need to understand is that there are going to be people in this world, who will just make other peoples lives worse. They will try to hinder us and our goals as much as possible and when it comes down to it we need to ask ourselves. Are we going to allow them to? Or are we going to stand up for ourselves and continue what we set out to do?

Ever since the original game was killed off, and the CU came I never thought there would be a game that hailed in comparison to this. World of Warcraft came close, but there was always that something missing. The few hours t his morning that I was able to play with no interruption brought back a piece of me that I have long forgotten. The more carefree, and happy version of myself.

To all you out there who want the game up right now and don't care about the development of it, try to understand that there are some things out of the Devs control. The game has been in the making for years now, what is a few days more? The game is up, we see it. We play it, and we find bugs. How else do you fix bugs? By finding them and reporting them. I'm sure that will come later. Right now there is a minor set back with this DoS attack, but I'm sure the brilliant team here will overcome this obstacle and get us playing once more.

On a more serious note though. Everyone who is playing a part to this game's development, thank you. The creators, and developers from all walks of life. We all have our flaws but you guys have shown many people just what a small group of concerned people can do when they set hearts to it. Thank you, from the bottom of mine.

- Blacky
Old 09-15-2009, 02:37 PM

just a question "on topic" do we just have a downtime or is the server up and running as indicated by the server status to the left side?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 PM

The server status hasn't been accurate the past few hours. All night it was working properly and would reflect when the server was up or down. Right now it's down though, and it was showing up so.

Keep trying to log in. That's my best guess for finding when it's back up. Or look for a post from someone.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:42 PM

i have to agree with blacky me n him played this game since we was little pplz and it shaped us into who we are today and then the CU came out and showed us that ppl dont care about the consumer, just profits. To the developing team, when i get money i will donate a large sum. i promice, but thats not for a while hehe. I appreciate you bringing back my childhood memories most people dont get those back in their lives. So Thank You Deeply.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

There are 3 possibilities when considering TC status:

1) Up - All indications report Test Center "Up" and you can log in properly.

2) Down - LPE hangs on "Connecting to Galaxy" indefinitely. Indicators show "Down"

3) Deadlocked - Indicators report Test Center "Up", however LPE responds like server down.

Deadlock, again, means that two processes are awaiting one another to finish. Simply put, it's a bug. As you faithful Emu'ers log in and start playing with the new patch, you expose new bugs, some of these deadlock the server. Our guys bring it down, check the logs, and attempt to fix it (unless they have class, a boss yelling at them, or screaming kids to tend to).

So, in this case, it's probably deadlocked. Chances are it will change again in minutes, and continue to do this through the next few days. No need to keep posting asking the question.

Last edited by Ekaika; 09-15-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongandbeer View Post
just a question "on topic" do we just have a downtime or is the server up and running as indicated by the server status to the left side?
i think it is offline ... but not sure ... cant access IRC because of my handle ... and the main screen of the site shows Nova as online but on the forum it shows it offline ...

i have tried a few times today to log in, it lets me log in, i see the character screen which is blank for me, i go to create a character, and it shows it online there ... but will not let me create one ...

i click on it, and it sticks on the connecting window .. i cancel that, and it comes up with a thing saying i can not create another character on the server ...

after doing a search on the bug report thing that seems to happen when the server it's self is not online ...

so i will try again later on.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:44 PM

thanks for the info ekaika,

edit:

i did create a toon and in the station room were a lot of ppl ,... i was happy and lookin forward to ship myself to bestine,... ppl around me were teaching languages to each other ,.. lol ,... then i took the shuttle ran to a scout trainer and as he didnt teach me i thought ,... ok .... its down ,... there is this frakkin delay when the server goes offline,... it let u run around a bit but u cant do crap,.... heheheh,... damn ,.... now im stuch at char creation screen too,... with a toon ,... at last i had the chance to create one,...

edit 2:

now in in =D see ya in bestine lol,....

Last edited by bongandbeer; 09-15-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 PM

Have any of you ever played warcrack on a big patch day? They usually underestimate the server downtime by 4+ hours and when they do bring the servers back up they usually end up crashing again within an hour. Even after they do a quick fix to stabilize the servers, the new content is usually riddled with bugs that were missed during their extensive internal testing.

Blizzard is the most successful mmo game company in the world with a budget of a small country and they still have all these issues with a staff 100x bigger than that working on this project. So to think that a handful of dedicated fans have been able to get this project this far along and put on a better debug effort than a company like Blizzard is simply an amazing testament to those working on this project. I salute you all and greatly appreciate all your hard work.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keono View Post
No that is how they test for bugs and then fix them, so that in the future we will have live servers that don't crash every 30 minutes.
im not responding to anything above my comment im responding to the fact that someone has the audacity to DOS attack an EMU.

or else i would have quoted.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
Don't be disrespectful mate.
sorry for quick responding but i'm talking in reference to the topic not some side conversation about server status.

Edit: everybody knows when the server is down, its down, and when its up, its up.

Last edited by kaelvin; 09-15-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: