SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 09:16 AM

how many 'toons per account? and how many accounts will be allowed for SC?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer View Post
As I understand it, anyone will be able to create a private server... even if they do not meet any of the requirements the Emu team implements. Those requirements however must be met in order to become a certified* server.

If you want to compile the Source and run it, you can. It's Open Source and there's absolutely nothing to stop you from doing so. If you want to generate a large population for your server, one of the ways to do so would be to meet the requirements that will be set, and register* the server w/ the Emu project.

* Register and Certified would be my terms... just to clarify the jist of it. I don't know what the complete process will be, not sure the devs do yet either.
Thank you for the reply Corbaer. That makes sense.

"The NGE is the GREATEST thing that ever happened - Blizzard"
Old 12-31-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinney View Post
Also the method SWGEMU propose to implement to get around the monopoly is for the people running the monopoly to authorise official servers.
Also known as standards. These are used to insure the best environment possible to players.

Quote:
Independent servers have to go through some sort of screening process and the people running the monopoly (SWGEMU) are the same people to grant that qualification?
Well, they did write the thing, after all. It's theirs, not yours, not ours. Show some appreciation that the developers decided to pursue the project at all.

Quote:
It still sounds terribly unfair to me.
There is nothing at all unfair in the developers using the system they have developed from the ground up in whatever manner they see fit. You people who feel entitled to other people's work just kill me.

Quote:
The only way to get around this problem is not to host a server at all. If the motives of the SWGEMU team are as honourable as everyone says, then theres nothing to be lost.
However, if there is some underlying strategy going on here, then SWGEMU will continue on this path.
People have been begging the SWGEmu people to host a server when the project came to fruition. Here they are, giving us what we've asked for.

Last edited by ronnyquest; 12-31-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:06 PM

Server Specs

Does anyone know when the server spec sheet will be coming out? I have a couple servers I am not using and wonder if they meet the requirements.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owesko View Post
Does anyone know when the server spec sheet will be coming out? I have a couple servers I am not using and wonder if they meet the requirements.
A true benchmark can't be ran to determine server requirements until the product is ready for release. There are still many systems that haven't been designed, so it is still too early to make any accurate judgements on what will be required to host an SWGEmu server. In the end, it will depend on how large of a population you are aiming to support.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Where do you think 99.9% of people are going to go?
its there code they can do whatever they want with it, including hosting their own server, which would probably be better in quality then a lot of other people's servers which will eventually turn into "gee i wanna play god today and since i have a private server no one can stop me" kinda games.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:13 PM

WOOT!!! thanks soooo much guys!! cannot wait till this goes live!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
It still sounds terribly unfair to me.
AAAAAAhahahaha... Funniest thing I've read today. "Unfair". OMG ROFL.

I lost track of the effort for about a year, but a friend made me look at it a few weeks ago. This is looking hawt.

Thanks to the dev team.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:34 PM

so how many toons per account?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenz View Post
so how many toons per account?
Probably not decided yet for Sun Crusher once it's on Core3 1.0... Perhaps we can get some idea for TC:Sun Crusher. But that may not be decided yet.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:32 AM

on sun crusher will guilds be started the same way they are on current srvr, or will the houseing system be in use?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Banned

Q1 means the first quarter of 2009 correct?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIronman View Post
Q1 means the first quarter of 2009 correct?
As strange as it is to get a committal ETA from any ongoing development team (besides M$, which are always wrong), Q1 2009 should mean before April 1, 2009.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:31 PM

Hooray for the Xmass gift! Cheers to the devs who are the ones who realy made this possible, and to all of us who have been testing stuff too ofcourse!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:51 PM

Awesome.

Is there really more to say?

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: