SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 PM

Sorry

Ohh yeah thats what i ment before. sorry for being unclear... anyhow how does someone have fun after useing all of their points? what is there to work at?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravie-Pride View Post
Ohh yeah thats what i ment before. sorry for being unclear... anyhow how does someone have fun after useing all of their points? what is there to work at?
In the old days, many would consider tryiing for Jedi, back when they were relatively rare. Others would form or join guilds and engage in group play, like PvE dungeon raids or PvP base storming. Still others would simply enjoy the interaction with other players, which pre-CU virtually required. Others would try to make their character the best their profession could offer. Yet others would change professions on the fly as the whim struck them and build a new character from the old.

Pre-CU was more about the journey of getting there than the goal itself.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:10 PM

ok community

so it's based on comunity more than anything else... if thats the case i hope that Many Pvp servers will be made like group wars and stuff like that, that way it wouldn't get boreing... sooo will jedi be rare to get in this game? or can you just choose to be a jedi?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
so it's based on comunity more than anything else... if thats the case i hope that Many Pvp servers will be made like group wars and stuff like that, that way it wouldn't get boreing... sooo will jedi be rare to get in this game? or can you just choose to be a jedi?
it's based on community as in there isnt much without it.. its a totaly player based economy. not a loot based instance economy. So with any economy, there is a community that must interact... peacefully AND violently.

PVP servers? no.. its bigger than that. Put it this way, Ive been in PVP battles on a player owned base that crashed the server.. you will get your pvp.

Jedi rare? eh.. depends on how many really want to be jedi.. but no, you dont get to make a Jedi at the character creation screen.

here's a screen of a big fight: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=199584

hope thats enough pvp for ya.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
anyhow how does someone have fun after useing all of their points? what is there to work at?
With 33(?) Professions, you can work on a different profession if you want to work toward a new goal. There's nothing stopping you from starting as an Architect to collect resources, becoming a Weaponsmith to build some awesome weapons, learning to buff by becoming a Doctor and then changing professions to Bounty Hunter to go out and enter combat. You can even do a little of everything, if you like. I changed professions several times and had a great adventure with each manifestation. I then went back to the profession that I liked best and continued until the day I left Sony.
The great thing about SWG is that you can become anything you want to be. In WOW, once you become a level 1 Wizard, the only thing you can ever, EVER become is a level 2 wizard. Not so, in Galaxies.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caimbrin View Post
The great thing about SWG is that you can become anything you want to be. In WOW, once you become a level 1 Wizard, the only thing you can ever, EVER become is a level 2 wizard. Not so, in Galaxies.
I think that pretty much sums it up. Well said, Caimbrin.