SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 05:53 PM

Thanks Corbaer - I read that link and know that an object restructure is going on. As a new member of the community, it's really hard to figure out where the official updates are being posted, and when there's no update - it just looks like nothing is happening.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariv Caflaim View Post
Thanks Corbaer - I read that link and know that an object restructure is going on. As a new member of the community, it's really hard to figure out where the official updates are being posted, and when there's no update - it just looks like nothing is happening.
I understand. IMHO this particular post from Ransey would have been useful as one of the homepage updates... however since it was also discussed in the previous bi-weekly update and stickied in the Announcement's section - I can see why that might feel a bit like overkill to the volunteers trying to keep people updated.

Not to worry, all will "feel" back on track as soon as the Object Restructure is completed. In the meantime, there's all these SWTOR vs EMU discussions to revel in. LOL

/love
Old 06-13-2009, 11:40 PM

I really don't understand the Object Restructuring. I saw the bi-weekly update and it made no sense to me. Can anyone help me wrap my head around this?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
I really don't understand the Object Restructuring. I saw the bi-weekly update and it made no sense to me. Can anyone help me wrap my head around this?
A lamens clarification would be helpful... I have my own basic knowledge + assumptions.

If someone not tooling away on it can clarify, that would be SWEET. If the only people to do it, are busy actually working on the process... then nope - carry on please.

EDIT: Ramsey has posted. Let the curious take heed.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25339

Last edited by corbaer; 06-14-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:50 AM

bit off topic but man that light blue font is a pita to read with the white and blue forum color scheme.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebemidej View Post
bit off topic but man that light blue font is a pita to read with the white and blue forum color scheme.
That's the "don't read it unless your really interested" color... because I'm not 100% sure this is an accurate enough description to leave here - as anyone who's been around well knows:

The mis-information echo-box keeps going, and going, and going...
Old 06-14-2009, 08:06 PM

Object restructure and refactoring code means that the devs are rewriting stuff.

Not sure which exact language they are coding in, but most 3rd gen programming languages are called Object Oriented Programming - so object restructure = code rewrite.

The problem with a lot of programs is that over time, stuff gets fixed, changed, removed, refixed, broken, refixed, etc. - and it gets to the point where it's easier to rewrite it than to figure out why it doesn't work.

I hope that helps.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 PM

great work

Last edited by Bhodi; 06-14-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariv Caflaim View Post
The problem with a lot of programs is that over time, stuff gets fixed, changed, removed, refixed, broken, refixed, etc. - and it gets to the point where it's easier to rewrite it than to figure out why it doesn't work.

I hope that helps.
Sounds a lot like my first wife!

Anyway, you guys are doing a great job. It's awesome to log in and see this project slowly transforming back into the game we all knew and loved!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:58 AM

Great job... wonderful progress! Just one question. must you chose one profession or can you do everything? I think being able to do everything would be more fun considering those who are weapon crafters might want some combat or other skills.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:48 PM

Pre-CU is different than any other game you have played Pravie. Each character gets 250 skill points which are used to progress your character's skills once you have enough experience in that given area. Each skill box costs a certain number of skill points, and once you run out of skill points, you cannot advance your character any further. You can master multiple professions, but you can also have more than one character. One character can be a combat toon and the other could be your crafter toon.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Quality Assurance Manager
ManagerQuality Assurance

Pravie, I encourage you to read the collection of guides we have. In short, yes you may be both a crafter and fighter on the same character. Also on TC you can create as many alts as you like on the same account, however multiple accounts are not allowed. To play with them at the same time enable multiple instances under options on LPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthblaze View Post
Here is a link to the way you spend points. http://www.swgcharacterbuilder.com [or use a more accurate calculator by Kodan, which is on LPE]
There are a Total of 250 Skill points when your character is made, each skill you buy reduces the points, in the end depending what professions you chose, and you can have up to 2 Master classes and a half. The limitations are limitless, be totally different then the Rifleman right next to you.
For example, regardless of what MMO's you've played if you look at Star wars galaxies Pre-cu, There are the 32 Professions, depending what you choose you can have up to 2 Master Professions and a half. So let’s say you wanted to be a Teras Kasi + a master Doctor, it can be done you can set up your skill points however you want, but some Professions like Bounty hunter or Commando and higher tree's that take a master before it will cost you more, but are more powerful in a certain fights.
If you would like to learn about Pre-CU in more detail please see here.

Xavia@swgemu.com | eSupport
Helpful Links | Status List & Reporting Bugs
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM

Thanks abunch

Thats very helpful. I should probably have diffrent accounts for diffrent things instead of haveing one accound thats ok at everything... Thanks you alot see u on the battle feild
next week that is when i actually by the game hehe

Last edited by Pravie-Pride; 07-17-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Quality Assurance Manager
ManagerQuality Assurance

Just to make certain, you are not allowed to create more than one forum/game account or you could be banned. On the same account you may create multiple characters and alts though.

Xavia@swgemu.com | eSupport
Helpful Links | Status List & Reporting Bugs
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 PM

Sorry

Ohh yeah thats what i ment before. sorry for being unclear... anyhow how does someone have fun after useing all of their points? what is there to work at?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: