SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
Aye since you were called on it.. might be wise to believe to pay to play if you pay first not after you make bold statements
Uhm. no... I donated over a month ago.
I'm not playing right now so I'm not donating right now.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
Uhm. no... I donated over a month ago.
My apologies then I guess you had it invisible until today and when I made my post it had shown you as never having donated

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
And you're missing the point. Do we have any proof that the POSITIVE votes weren't fudged?
Innocent until proven guilty? No evidence for either? Then accept the damn vote.

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
My apologies then I guess you had it invisible until today and when I made my post it had shown you as never having donated
Yeah, I've noticed for some reason it doesn't always show up.

I realize circumstances are present that prevent some users from donating. But the vast majority of people who ARE playing just choose to not take the time to do so. Most people could part with $5/month without even thinking about it.

Regardless of what has happened over the last few days, I would be very happy to see the SWGEmu 1.0 finished.

Last edited by kookaburra; 04-28-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahed View Post
Innocent until proven guilty? No evidence for either? Then accept the damn vote.
Or toss the suspect vote out. Innocent until proven guilty? This isn't a court of law. It's not necessarily even a democracy.

BTW just WE don't have evidence doesn't necessarily mean the DEVS don't.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I've noticed for some reason it doesn't always show up.

I realize circumstances are present that prevent some users from donating. But the vast majority of people who ARE playing just choose to not take the time to do so. Most people could part with $5/month without even thinking about it.
yea they don't accept food stamps. or amounts under $5 >.<

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
wow...
Isn't that code for "I will never donate"?

Why would $15/month be WAY out of whack for a FULLY functional SWG emulator?

They won't be requiring monthly fees either. Unless I'm mistaken that would bring in the lawyers from both SOE and Lucas....
Because there is 50 other fully functional MMORPGS for free, and this game is old as fck.

Asking any more for 5-7.50/month would be Overpriced, that is my personal opinion, I would probably still pay 10-15, but I doubt we will see the population we want if it was 5 or none /month.

BTW did you even read my post, or you talking about someone else's posts? because you made no sense.

But can't they make the 5-10/month fee be made as maintence instead of profit and be legal?

Last edited by Izure; 04-28-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izure View Post
Because there is 50 other fully functional MMORPGS for free, and this game is old as fck.

Asking any more for 5-7.50/month would be Overpriced, that is my personal opinion, I would probably still pay 10-15, but I doubt we will see the population we want if it was 5 or none /month.
ahhhh but how many of those free MMOs are Star Wars-related?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Just because a game is "newer" doesn't make it better or more fun... There could be 150 new games but the simple fact is, it isn't Star Wars galaxies pre-cu.

So yeah, I can see donations coming into play.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
yeah, I've actually tried a lot of them after I got WoW burnout.
Quite frankly, they suck.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post
Just because a game is "newer" doesn't make it better or more fun... There could be 150 new games but the simple fact is, it isn't Star Wars galaxies pre-cu.

So yeah, I can see donations coming into play.
Point is, asking for more than 10 a month would be considered greed, no matter how you look at it, at least in todays world with what they are offering.

Don't see how the dev team can justify a 15 month sub for this EMU, 5-8 is more realistic.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 PM

I voted for the wipe with the frogs, if the wipe was gonna go at-least let us have a touch of help getting things up and going again.

It saddens me that duplicate accounts are still a large problem after such a fuss was made about them just a short time back. If you don't wanna ban IP addresses that's fine because people can clone those and get back in, but I'm sure that there are other methods that could be used, such as a one time purchase of a code to activate your account, this would allow for more moneys to support the server and better tracking of accounts and release the IP restrictions that are in place now. (oh and start the flames on this quick before my post gets cold)

I also was a touch confused with the outcome of the poll, I was around the 2010'th or so to vote and from what I saw that the wipe votes did total in excess of 66+ %. So if you could please reply to the why the wipe was retracted I and many other would be greatful, even if it's just a simple, (look we wanted to give you just a bit of something new, but seeing that there was such an out poor about it that we decided that it was more trouble than it was worth...) just be honest, because honesty goes a long way!

As for those folks that are Duping, track them, get the info that you need to stop it in the OR. Implement your new Duping and hacking code if you can without a wipe and see if it helps. (btw it takes a particular type of person to dupe and hack and that can be an asset in some cases. so yes use that asset and make the OR code better!) (I do not support Duping or hacking, nor do I do it, but to pass up the opportunity to strengthen the Server code base to stop such acts is just plain silly!)

So lets stop the QQing and get this show on the road folks, the OR needs the attention that would have been put into the wipe anyway, and two days put into the OR now is two days less we have to wait to test it!
TC Nova
Larken - Pistolier/Smuggler
Nerdykid - Weaponsmith
Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
Or toss the suspect vote out. Innocent until proven guilty? This isn't a court of law. It's not necessarily even a democracy.

BTW just WE don't have evidence doesn't necessarily mean the DEVS don't.
This sure as hell ain't a democracy!

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
yeah, I've actually tried a lot of them after I got WoW burnout.
Quite frankly, they suck.
truth. i don't know how so many games can come out that are so terrible.
its to the point people think darkfall is fun. just because everything else is sooo bad that it makes that steaming pile of dog@#$@ seem ok in comparison.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkybob View Post
I voted for the wipe with the frogs, if the wipe was gonna go at-least let us have a touch of help getting things up and going again.

It saddens me that duplicate accounts are still a large problem after such a fuss was made about them just a short time back. If you don't wanna ban IP addresses that's fine because people can clone those and get back in, but I'm sure that there are other methods that could be used, such as a one time purchase of a code to activate your account, this would allow for more moneys to support the server and better tracking of accounts and release the IP restrictions that are in place now. (oh and start the flames on this quick before my post gets cold)

I also was a touch confused with the outcome of the poll, I was around the 2010'th or so to vote and from what I saw that the wipe votes did total in excess of 66+ %. So if you could please reply to the why the wipe was retracted I and many other would be greatful, even if it's just a simple, (look we wanted to give you just a bit of something new, but seeing that there was such an out poor about it that we decided that it was more trouble than it was worth...) just be honest, because honesty goes a long way!

As for those folks that are Duping, track them, get the info that you need to stop it in the OR. Implement your new Duping and hacking code if you can without a wipe and see if it helps. (btw it takes a particular type of person to dupe and hack and that can be an asset in some cases. so yes use that asset and make the OR code better!) (I do not support Duping or hacking, nor do I do it, but to pass up the opportunity to strengthen the Server code base to stop such acts is just plain silly!)

So lets stop the QQing and get this show on the road folks, the OR needs the attention that would have been put into the wipe anyway, and two days put into the OR now is two days less we have to wait to test it!
cRush (dev) already replied to why it was redacted. I don't have the quote though im sure someone else does.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: