SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Bi-Weekly Update 5/29/08

1) Update Overview:
-Crafting: Assembly and Experimentation
-Cave Implementation
-Launchpad Enhanced
-Player Buff Manager added to code: Entertainer buffs implemented.
- /imagedesign - first UI trigger
-Spices
-Species specific equipment
-Test Center DB Wipe
-Profession Reps (<3)

2) Body:
Crafting:
Here it is, as promised by kyle . The crafting code has been added to the TC, and we are doing stability testing with it. We know the server is crashing more than usually because of the influx of updates, but be assured that the number of crashes will be reduced to almost 0 like it was before! Kyle is working on a crafting script editor, so its limited to one item for right now. There will be lots of room for people to help get crafting done, if you want to help please come hang out in IRC in the #CraftingTesting room. Watch the timeline for more info!

----------------------

Cave Implementation Updates: (Kellina, LearningDisease)

We have updated and moved the Cave Spawning Forums here.
Discussion: Cave Implementation - Community Discussion about the caves and mob lists etc.
Cave Implementation List - List of all of the caves, and their TC spawning status.

"Cave Name" (Current Bugs) - Please From now on, use these bug threads so we can keep everything organized.

Last night the "Dungeon Trio'O'Fun" (Squill Cave, Hutt Hideout, Tusken Bunker) patch was commited to the SVN, and should hit the TC soon. We are still finishing up the Beetle Cave (Sennex Cave) and that should be done this weekend.

We will be working on Corellia next, and proceed to follow the list.
Each week we are planning on submitting a new a patch with all of the caves from the planet currently being worked on.

We are still missing some caves on a couple of the planets, and creature/npc info/stats.
Feel free to find any info we are missing, and be sure to wach for all our future updates!

----------------------

Launchpad Enhanced Updates: (Kyle, Kellina)

Please pay attention to the Game Updates section on the right side of LPE, as it will let you know on any updates that have hit the TC recently, Just like SOE SWG does.

IF you are not currently using LPE please feel free to visit the link below and get it setup, as it will automate the install process and keep you updated on TC Updates, Events, New Loading Screens, etc.

We encourage all to use LPE.

News/Setup Guide - Please use this link for setup/support help, it is trolled on the clock and someone is always happy to help.

----------------------

Player Buff Manager:
A player buff manager was added to the code by McMahon to facilitate player buffs. To showcase the new manager, some entertainer buffs were added. See Changeset 376 for more details.

----------------------

Spices:

Also added in changeset 376, mcmahon added spices via @spice command (temporary).

----------------------

ImageDesign Popup:

Also added in changeset 376, mcmahon added - /imagedesign - first UI trigger and first step into implementing Image Designer

----------------------

Species Specific Equipment:

bobius added species specific equipment like the wookie armor set to work ONLY with wookies. In order for this feature to work properly, we'll be doing a DB wipe within the next few days.

----------------------

Test Center DB Wipe:

To accommodate all of these changes, the test center DB will be wiped (if it hasn't been already). Expect multiple wipes while we continue to fix bugs.

----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfirehawk
Profession Representatives
Please join me in welcoming the four new Profession Representatives and two existing Prof Reps taking on extra responsibility.

Artisan: Legoklas - retired
Brawler: Ceive
Entertainer: maximilius
Marksman: maximilius
Medic: Grija
Politician: Watkins
Scout: Deski

Architect: Tow'lin
Armorsmith: ti'aut
Bio-Engineer: vorta84
Bounty Hunter: rambow
Carbineer: Elliotw
Chef: jarikranger
Combat Medic: Samcuu
Commando: tolbat
Creature Handler: Megatron
Dancer:
Doctor: Serpentkaa
Droid Engineer: learningdisease
Fencer: MrBlonde
Image Designer: jarikranger
Merchant: Lorrianna
Musician: Sonno
Pikeman: ShurrDarksider
Pistoleer: Fedora
Ranger: rhyeal
Rifleman: WickedHangover
Smuggler: Glori305
Squad Leader: ekaika forge
Swordsman: RedheartTempest
Tailor: Dame
Teras Kasi Artist: sumane
Weaponsmith: Nefyr

I would like to thank Legoklas on his great help in getting Artisan organized and wish him well in his upcoming busy RL time.

3) Developer Perspective: ("Round Table"):
We have special guests at the Round Table. The Profession Representative's have checked in what they have been working on in their respective targets.

Quote:
Megatron: (Creature Handler Rep)

Currently working closely with any and all members who wish to aid in the introduction of Lairs into the SWGEmu environment. We want it to be the way it was Pre-CU, with the right Ratio of Spawns, Locations, Animal Types, Babies and Planets.

Also looking for help in a more specific Creature Handler direction to those who can remember, or help find a database of information on any and all tameable creatures Pre-CU, reliable information is prefered.

Any and all Guides to a Creature Handlers life is more than welcomed, no matter how small, no matter how much you involve. No matter how little time you spend on it, your point of view is extremely welcomed
Quote:
MrBlonde: (Fencer Rep)

Fencer - Testing progressing albeit slowly. Numerous reports of Scatter Hit 2 inflicting insane amounts of damage (Ridiculous Stun Batons thought to be the cause of this, needs verifying). Other then that things seem to be responding well, specials firing and hitting correct pools. More testers needed for Fencer, if interested please visit the Fencer Board, any and all experience levels welcome.

Looking for another Melee profession to set up a PvP event. Let me know via PM, hopefully we can organize a date/time/place.

Thanks
Quote:
ti'aut: (Armorsmith Rep)

Armorsmithing still needs any data possible on all Ithorian armors ( type & number of resources used, any segment informtion, & max / min's for: resist, encumberance, and condition).

Post any information you've got to -
http://swgemu.com/forums/showthread....361#post192361
Quote:
Ramsey:

There have been a few requests to shed some light into the personal lives of developers, so I'll dedicate this post to just that.

As some of you know, I currently reside in Portland, Oregon. Part of SWGEmu's early years started over on this corner of the world. In about 8 - 10 weeks, I will be moving (somewhere? lol) in the state of Virginia close to D.C. I will be doing this for schooling opportunities that have arisen, family, and of course a change in weather!

The Northwest is a wonderful place to be if you like crazy rain in late May. The majority of things in Portland have been build within the last 20 years, but the city still manages to look washed out. It's pretty depressing to walk around outside most days of the year.

Portland has also been the place that brought some SWGEmu staff and fans together @ PDXLan. I do believe the city is a special place to the project and while it too has been my home (13+ yrs), I'm finally moving back to the east coast.

With that, wish me luck in my future on the east coast. If there are any LAN's instate, let me know and I'll be there . Who knows, some of you may even see me at the local train station (see: 0:47).
Quote:
McMahon:

As is Ramsey, I also live in the Northwest - but I'm NOT moving anywhere! I live near Seattle in Redmond, Washington (Home of Microsoft) - and incidentally I did used to work for them. I'm also ex-Amazon - but currently call a local technology startup home.

I finally got code I've been working on checked in - but looks like I left a couple special "features" in that other people might call bugs in the original commit :-P My patches should hopefully be hitting the test centers after a few more bug fixes. I'm excited to get the Player Buffs in!

One feature that wasn't talked about above - was also getting the first part of Image Designer implemented! I got the first screen /imagedesign to popup - thanks to Kyle for helping on my first bit of packet work

As far as food/buffs are concerned, I have two open threads I'm looking for research/community help on:
1) I still need some help with the actual decay rate for Food/Drinks - there's an open thread at: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11299

2) I also am trying to find specific chance of puking while having a spice debuff - there's an open thread at: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11304

Despite doing the first part of the packet work for image designer - I might be putting that on the back burner to finish up the Entertainer (Musician/Dancer) is finished.

Current priorities:
1) Food/Spice in game using items & craftable using Kyle's new patch
2) Finish Entertainer
3) Either Quest Work (NPC Dialogging/etc or Image Designer - haven't really made a decision yet
4) Closing:
If your pants aren't wet right now, you've already changed . The enormous amount of outside help we get has really shown in this update. The project has expanding well beyond anything we could have ever dreamed of 3 years ago, and it will continue to do so as we get closer and closer to a more perfect PreCU. Please remember to participate in the TC even through the roughest times. The sheer number of people that come in every day of the week to help is one of the most inspiring things about this project. As the update comes to a close, we are already looking forward to writing the next one!

-Team SWGEmu <and related members of the Open Source community>

Last edited by Kellina; 05-29-2008 at 02:42 PM. Reason: McMahon Update
Old 05-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

DEVELOPERS/STAFF: Feel free to add to the round table

edit:
I just realized I didn't have to post this for another 23 hours...<_<
going to bed~

Last edited by Ramsey; 05-29-2008 at 04:20 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:14 AM

WOOOT!
1st
Old 05-29-2008, 04:25 AM

2nd !! ??

awsome job guys !!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:43 AM

3rd, great work amigos!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:59 AM

Oh My God
Old 05-29-2008, 04:59 AM

Awesome work guys!
Can't wait to relive the old days on..
The PvP Server - The Place to be for PvP
Old 05-29-2008, 05:12 AM

man what a mindjob. we close to the end yet then? or still pretty far off. someone, if anyone can be bothered, gimme a percentage completion estimate for before this update, and a percentage completion estimate for after this update, and then give me a guess as to when you think the whole thing's completed.

I can't formulate my own opinions on such matters you see, as I am woefully under informed.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:14 AM

Great job
Old 05-29-2008, 05:41 AM

Hot damn! Much love to any and all who've helped do their part to bring this closer to completion. <3

~June 20th, 2008~

The FEW, the PROUD, the TROLLS.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Who knows, some of you may even see me at the local train station (see: 0:47).
Haha, that thread was classic.

Good job on the update.

My Pre-CU Resource
Old 05-29-2008, 05:51 AM

Too awesome.

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Old 05-29-2008, 06:03 AM

Niceee, can't wait to try out the caves in game. Thanks for the update dude! I still think your damn SeXaY!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 AM

Group hug!!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:53 AM

Great work guys. It is inspiring to see the community really helping to get this game to a more complete game. Keep up the great work.

TrueGalaxies Game Master

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: