SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 09:44 AM

ok, thanks!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:18 AM

Limit further down to 500?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:36 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Lol. Shall we up it to 1k and lag you out? There's no happy solution. You'll never be happy.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:05 AM

Give me a Jawa Sandcrawler and I'll happily put up with the lag
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 AM

Everyone should be happily putting up with the lag/cap, regardless.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:47 AM

i dont think we need more servers lol i just think we need our 1 server online 4 more thn 3 hours a day lol i got kiked off server 3 times last night lol thats rly the only server issue thats souly a server problem other thn the minor buggs n such
Old 09-26-2009, 11:58 AM

I'm almost one of the lucky ones to have fiber. It's all around me. But AT&T owns the fiber rights to the mobil home park I'm in. So instead, I get the knowledge that Verizon runs it right past me down the street. I want FIOS. lol.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusjagr View Post
i dont think we need more servers [lol]i just think we need our 1 server online 4 more thn 3 hours a day [lol] i got kiked off server 3 times last night [lol]
1.:Be happy there IS 1 Server to get pre-Cu SWG back.Without it , what would you play? WOW?.
2.: This is a TESTSERVER. TC= TESTCENTER. I think i dont realy have to explain , but it seems i have to.Here it comes:

TestServer for Dummys-Part 1:

A Testserver is NOT a live Server , which means ,its only to run the game , or parts of it , and check which Bug appeare where and when.
For Bugfixing the Server will be SHUTDOWN , thats usual.
The shutdown may take Hours , minutes or sometimes , Days.
Thank the Devs for working that hard -THEY DONT GET PAID FOR IT.
If you cant wait or expect a complete Game with an 24/7 Online Server i'd offer you to WAIT till Suncrusher's BetaPhase is over.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 PM

I have Fiber to the home. I work for a Fiber ISP and our county is putting in fiber to the home all over the county. Great speed but it is a shared network. If you want dedicated bandwidth you are looking at about $100 USD a meg.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade13 View Post
1.:Be happy there IS 1 Server to get pre-Cu SWG back.Without it , what would you play? WOW?.
2.: This is a TESTSERVER. TC= TESTCENTER. I think i dont realy have to explain , but it seems i have to.Here it comes:

TestServer for Dummys-Part 1:

A Testserver is NOT a live Server , which means ,its only to run the game , or parts of it , and check which Bug appeare where and when.
For Bugfixing the Server will be SHUTDOWN , thats usual.
The shutdown may take Hours , minutes or sometimes , Days.
Thank the Devs for working that hard -THEY DONT GET PAID FOR IT.
If you cant wait or expect a complete Game with an 24/7 Online Server i'd offer you to WAIT till Suncrusher's BetaPhase is over.
Quoted because it seems people have to read something more than once... a lot more...
Old 09-26-2009, 01:30 PM

that's it ... i'm winning the lottery!

hopefully we get more donations during the "live" phase (i know i will then simply because they deserve it if it ever gets that far ... and hell if we treat it like a sub , there should be no problems)
when most of everything is set, it will be important to keep it running but people are unwilling to toss money at something that may just disappear (yes its possible)

for now we must trust they have things under control and BE PAITENT while they fix issues, test stress, and add content

look on IRC and check status there, if your hanging in connecting to galaxy , leave it set and tab out and check it every so often, the team does not deserve folks raging on them nor do they have time to anwer everyone who asks "we has server?"

Don't Click Here
Old 09-26-2009, 03:39 PM
QA Community Tester Team (On Leave)

well you can expect 20/month from me once this thing gets kicking. hopefully people will do the same. Tons of effort and countless hours have been put into this project
Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 PM

Q: What do I have to do to get on TC?

A: Select your character, and let LPE sit at "Connecting to Galaxy." When a spot opens up, you will automatically load in.

Do you know that this part actually makes you wait for over half a day and still there is no entry.
Don't want to sound negative, but it doesn't feel right either getting an invite to join a game you are unable to log into.
I would apreciate a specific number on the CAP, and on the active pending users. that way i can figure out if we will ever get in.

Respect on the project though, neverthless...
Old 09-26-2009, 09:00 PM

I've donated some already and plan to do so again in another month or so (sadly, not made of money!). This is worth spending the sub price to make sure they can keep it up and running. Hell, really worth more, but that's just me. Kind of addicted.

Would be nice to know if there should be separate goals for donations. For instance, $$ to pay for bandwidth, $$ to pay for server rental/purchase, $$ for [fill in the blank]. You get the idea. There are a few of us that want to throw money at this thing, and I think it's helpful to know what kind of dough is needed to pay those bills. Might be enough info to get others donating. Just a though...
Old 09-26-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opoke View Post
I've donated some already and plan to do so again in another month or so (sadly, not made of money!). This is worth spending the sub price to make sure they can keep it up and running. Hell, really worth more, but that's just me. Kind of addicted.

Would be nice to know if there should be separate goals for donations. For instance, $$ to pay for bandwidth, $$ to pay for server rental/purchase, $$ for [fill in the blank]. You get the idea. There are a few of us that want to throw money at this thing, and I think it's helpful to know what kind of dough is needed to pay those bills. Might be enough info to get others donating. Just a though...
/signed

I was thinking the same thing today. I'd love to toss a few bucks towards a server or two or a dedicated line if I knew that's where my money was going.

I'd also love to see more people step up and donate so perhaps that would be enough for them to get started.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: