SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:23 AM

I say dont wipe until the OR
Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 AM

A wipe is probably for the best. And it figures, as soon as i am about to unlock jedi, it will all change. reminds me of trying to get that last profession in to unlock pre-cu or during the CU, unlocking 2 weeks before nge came about.... Not comparing this to the crap fest that was SOE, just the timing

But it truly is a good idea, gives the devs a chance to test the fixes and see if any more exploits are possible they didn't anticipate. though gungans would be nice, at least to elite novice levels.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 AM

the new guy

Ok I realize I'm very new to this server but I have been a long time SWG guy, but this seems very drastic to me. Exploits in games exsist whether you want them to or not. It is impossible to completely make a game bug free, it's just not do-able, the amount of time and man power involved isn't worth the outcome. If you fix these people will just attempt to find more, fine wipe the credits, wipe the inventories, but you will lose more by doing a wipe now.

You will lose a decent sized chunk of the community you are playing with. I myself have ground up an entertainer, AS, WS, Doctor, and melee stacker, I have no intention of doing that again it's just too time intensive to do it again. Focus on the OR that is what is important right now getting this game to live for us to enjoy because we believe in what you are doing. Don't let the few exploiters ruin it for the whole of the community.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioscode View Post
I voted no, and if anyone manages to see this in between the flame war posts, here's why.

I don't mind if there's a wipe, but it seems like it is being proposed that some tweaks be implemented at the same time. I may be wrong, but it seems like that would just be more development time not spent focusing on OR. If doing these tweaks and a wipe will push out initial release of the OR by a few weeks or a month, I don't think it's worth it, even if the OR is 6-9 months away.

If the yes' win out, that's cool too, it's always fun to start fresh.
i agree there just doesn't seem to be a valid point to wipe, yes it will get rid of the dupers but lets be real.... for how long? a month maybe?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:33 AM

Not a fan of credit exploits. Finished rumors and went to buy a holo, and the closer I get to how much they cost, the higher they go. It is out of reach and I see no change in that pattern. One of the root causes of that is duped credits. I earn all mine by crafting, and I'll never catch up.

Please fix as many cheats as possible and level the playing field.

Leko
Old 04-26-2010, 02:33 AM

i say wipe the money and inventories if you have to but not the toons. ban the accounts you find duping. i want a house, lol!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Ok.

Do you wipe before you take a dump? I doubt it, but if you do, then this is essentially the same thing. It's just going to happen again.
yea but this wipe is like taking a piss then wiping your butt..... completely unnecessary
Old 04-26-2010, 02:35 AM

i think we'd all kill for houses or atleast backpacks at this point haha

fight me---->>> http://tehmulletman.mybrute.com
join me---->>> http://mybrute.com/team/209229
Old 04-26-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo5 View Post
I myself have ground up an entertainer, AS, WS, Doctor, and melee stacker, I have no intention of doing that again it's just too time intensive to do it again.
If only there was a way to continue to test what little 'updated' code might be added after the wipe without the need to waste countless hours not actually accomplishing anything that benefits the server...

Old 04-26-2010, 02:38 AM

I voted no, unless the wipe and resulting changes wouldn't delay or take development efforts away from the OR.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Banned

Basically if you're saying the OR is a few months away from what we have now, why aren't we waiting for the OR? If you wipe it now i'm sure you will lose quite a few people until the OR is finally implemented, it seems pointless in every aspect unless you're 16 years old and are tired of getting killed by kids with amazing weapons.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
If only there was a way to continue to test what little 'updated' code might be added after the wipe without the need to waste countless hours not actually accomplishing anything that benefits the server...

This^^^^^^^
Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
What we propose changing

* Revising the jedi unlock
* Implementing credit duping fixes
* Implementing item duping fixes
* Better equalizing crafted items and looted item quality
* Fixing bazaar exploits

This would mean that everything would be deleted; characters, accounts, items, etc. We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems.

Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone.

We are almost done with the core structure of the OR, and are beginning to add content to it, but it will be many months before it is on par with what is currently on TC (Feature-wise). We wanted to give the community a choice on how to proceed.

Please vote! Please provide feedback in a post with your vote. We are watching this closely and your opinion is important to us.

*Please note* Starting soon, you will not be able to log on to TC until you vote.
Honestly, at these terms i would prefer the server not to be wiped until OR is complete. If you guys are going to wipe then please consider people like me who spent time on the fs unlocking process and give us some days of free jedi before the whipe, cause im not gonna play at all until the final release at this point.

Chuck Schuldiner (13-05-1967/12-13-2001)

Server wipe? ( http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54391 ) Vote NO
Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 AM

What about the Blue Frogs?

Maybe not implement the blue frogs, but would it be possible to give some kind of boost to the community after the wipe? Something to help stim the fresh grind. Maybe remove the cost of training for the first week or the wipe or something along that line to help stimulate people into grinding characters but without giving them it without some work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbous
It's a stealth nerf. It's like the CU all over again!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 AM

i voted no but i got thinking about it what will it really hurt if it improves the game and makes it better for all of us then i say wipe this baby clean i love old swg and i love playing the the game so do it !
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: