SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #271  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Isshyn Isshyn is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Hiddukel, I love the pic of your toon Aurion that is a special image. Showing both of ur professions and your intended foe (gorax).
  #272  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Isshyn Isshyn is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legoklas View Post
Indeed.
Iam just afraid of that i might get dissappointed when the EMU's finally done
one thing ive noticed is the graphic's lately, you can really start to see that the game is getting old :P

So i think we need some new and improved skins!
still better than WoW, i don't like cartoons.
  #273  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Achilleuss Achilleuss is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legoklas View Post
Indeed.
Iam just afraid of that i might get dissappointed when the EMU's finally done
one thing ive noticed is the graphic's lately, you can really start to see that the game is getting old :P

So i think we need some new and improved skins!
The graphics engine works far better in swgemu then it does in live swg--have you ever tested volumetric shadows in live swg? Yeah, good luck getting them to work properly. I do admit that swgemu could use an in game option for antialiasing, HDR, and the like but I think the graphics are still perfectly acceptable for me. Hell I've been playing diablo 2 a lot lately since I'm so fed up with live swg--imagine 800x600 resolution on a 21 inch widescreen. Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with the graphics engine.

One thing I forgot to test was whether you can jump over things in swgemu. That's always bugged me in live swg, that and things below you stop your movement. Bugged shuttleports, and when going down a cliff on a speeder a rock that's ~100m below you prevents you from moving. Why no just drive over it? lawl. I wonder if it does that with the jetpack too.
  #274  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Hiddukel Hiddukel is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Macon, FRANCE
Posts: 335
With a medium graphic card (7600 GT), I prefer a thousand times SWG than WoW, cartoon...
And I prefer to play a game I love, with lower graphic, than a bad game with incredible graphics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isshyn View Post
Hiddukel, I love the pic of your toon Aurion that is a special image. Showing both of ur professions and your intended foe (gorax).

check it in a bigger size here
http://forums.swgemu.com/showthread....634#post171634
  #275  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Wraith2058 Wraith2058 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilleuss View Post
The graphics engine works far better in swgemu then it does in live swg--have you ever tested volumetric shadows in live swg? Yeah, good luck getting them to work properly. I do admit that swgemu could use an in game option for antialiasing, HDR, and the like but I think the graphics are still perfectly acceptable for me. Hell I've been playing diablo 2 a lot lately since I'm so fed up with live swg--imagine 800x600 resolution on a 21 inch widescreen. Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with the graphics engine.

One thing I forgot to test was whether you can jump over things in swgemu. That's always bugged me in live swg, that and things below you stop your movement. Bugged shuttleports, and when going down a cliff on a speeder a rock that's ~100m below you prevents you from moving. Why no just drive over it? lawl. I wonder if it does that with the jetpack too.
Yep jetpacks get stoped by rocks on the ground and by trees but yet they can pass quite easly throu most city arches hmm... logical i think not
  #276  
Old 04-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Spooky Spooky is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Norway, a few paces from the N'Pole
Posts: 59
hehe, bi-weekly
  #277  
Old 04-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Legoklas Legoklas is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 367
Oh well, guess iam just worrying for nothing :P
Will probably get used to it, its the gameplay i loved... so **** the same
__________________
*If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, riddle them with bullets.
*No, I'm not feeling violent, I'm feeling creative with weapons.
*I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced.
*I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.

-Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
Because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.
  #278  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Fedora Fedora is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Three weeks in every direction
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
hehe, bi-weekly
What was the signifigance of posting this?
__________________
  #279  
Old 04-09-2008, 04:34 AM
¿SnùffleKítty? ¿SnùffleKítty? is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedora View Post
What was the signifigance of posting this?
I find it to be...funny as well.

Lol.

-Snuffles
__________________



Name: Ryyan Tryqus Server: Intrepid Status: MIA
  #280  
Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Hero164 Hero164 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 68
guess... to mildly poke the devs for another bi weekly update...

I mean if you put bi weekly on it people might expect an update bi weekly.

Im in no hurry and i know the devs are busy and doing a great job. But its a question of expectation... change the title to not... bi weekly and I am sure the posts saying isnt it time for another update witll stop...

People will just inquire as to an update at some unspecified time
__________________
If you care at all about your food, vote for pie in this thread.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6344

Remember, there is no meat in cake and if we were not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat.
  #281  
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
UmbrusUrsa UmbrusUrsa is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 49
I propose that from hence forth the Bi-Weekly update will be called the

"Fortnightly Weekend Update with anchorman Seaseme"

Just to screw with the new people.

Last edited by UmbrusUrsa; 04-09-2008 at 09:33 AM.
  #282  
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 AM
CaptJones CaptJones is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: wEst
Posts: 662
Is Smus still alive?
__________________
www.youtube.com/joonasluik
  #283  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:37 PM
jimmy1212 jimmy1212 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England!!
Posts: 94
Well obvously with everything going on,when the devs made the post they were probably going on the assumption that it would be done bi-weekly.

Updates depends on many factors,whats completed,whats nearly completed and the other would be if they havent had chance to do an update post yet.I for one would rather see work being done and only have say 1 update a month than have several updates every week saying...well we have nearly completed this/that.
__________________



  #284  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:43 PM
rwp389 rwp389 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: tennessee
Posts: 46
Hey dont bash the devs they are doing somthing that we have wanted for almost 4 years now. If you can do it faster or better than you should step up and try helping a little But for now I think or devs are doing a good job.
__________________
Formerly known as xxx-preston, triplexprez, lonstetti gorhime, lonstetti, and zachariahbob. CO-founder of the first vamp, and the first dark jedi wookie master on bria.
  #285  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
UmbrusUrsa UmbrusUrsa is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwp389 View Post
Hey dont bash the devs they are doing somthing that we have wanted for almost 4 years now. If you can do it faster or better than you should step up and try helping a little But for now I think or devs are doing a good job.

True, just think about it

Crafting =

Adding ALL the additional resource spawns for each planet for animal resources

Adding harvest to Scout with additional code to calc the amount by skill level

Adding code to handle assembly to emulate exactly the +/- pre-cu

Creating the additional code to handle experimentation with proper pre-cu formulas

Entering a boatload of schematics into the database so we actually have something to craft.

adding code to handle the factories for production of stackable components which a lot of the boatload of schematics require.

...and this is just a short overview without all the wonderful tidbits in between.

The devs can take all the time they want to get it where they feel it is stable enough to start letting us play with it. But I am still willing to sit there all day and craft bofa treats if you want me to

PS: I have been testing loot every day on each planet and it is really starting to look awsome. Today I had flashbacks it was so close to pre-cu on rates/planet/mob.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.