SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Ryaker Rising Ryaker Rising is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 8
Yeah, I had no problems last night. Checked it again this morning before work and got right in.
__________________
Maybe it should be called SWGphoenix since sony burned our game and you brilliant people are raising it from the ashes
  #62  
Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 AM
saal saal is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Posts: 86
I don't think this is of too much help but here goes:
I have copied same SWGEMU to to several PCs in my cybercafe. Worked fine on each, until today - on one of the machines, it was stuck on login. Then I tried to connect on one of the other machines, logged in instantly. Tried again on first one, stuck on login. Tried to copy files that I thought may be somehow corrupted, and it did not help. Then I copied entire swgemu from another machine and voila! it works.
Maybe repair would work, but since that would take longer, I did not try it.
Make a backup of your WORKING emu, people, that's what I would recommend after this ordeal.
  #63  
Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 PM
zamorak81 zamorak81 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1
Does this have something to do with the server saying "online", but not letting me actually login to the character. I have been having this problem for a while now.
  #64  
Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
corbaer corbaer is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,605
The server is currently Deadlocked:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlock
  #65  
Old 10-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Carl M Carl M is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankyEdwards View Post
why do i get a bad feeling another character database wipe will be the only way to fix it
You just had to say it.
__________________
  #66  
Old 10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
G'Kar G'Kar is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Berlin, Wisconsin
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer View Post
The server is currently Deadlocked
So what do they do, just restart the server?
  #67  
Old 10-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Vlada's Avatar
Vlada Vlada is offline
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: IRC #swgemusupport
Posts: 6,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by G'Kar View Post
So what do they do, just restart the server?
And leave the bug that caused it in the code? Any idiot can press restart, point is to get the logs before the restart, find out what caused the deadlock, find a way to fix it, code the fix, update the code with the newly codded fix, then get the server up and running. Maybe i missed a step or two.
__________________
SWGEmu Support Helper

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...

Last edited by Vlada; 10-22-2009 at 03:47 PM.
  #68  
Old 10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
corbaer corbaer is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,605
They generally analyse the logs and determine the cause of the deadlock, determine a remedy, apply it and start it back up again.

Basically when the volunteers with the necessary access, skills and time can work on it, they will.
  #69  
Old 10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Union Union is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16
I've been trying for like 5 hours. Still can't get in. I love the game, but it's so frustrating trying to get in or being in the middle of something and getting booted with no warning (past 2-3 nights) and not being able to get back in.
  #70  
Old 10-22-2009, 03:52 PM
katteni katteni is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 49
ok i dunno if this is a bug or what or wether its just part of the whole deadlock thing. But i have noticed some times that when i go to log on i get the connecting to log on server. give that say 10 mins or more while i read forums then if that does not work close that then try again. this time I get a back ground with a radial loading type screen. Here is where the difference seems to come in. If i can click back it usually means can get in but if i cant Eg its frozen tends to mean i have to ctr+alt+del to restart and try again. (note this is after letting the log on run for at least 10 mins - 1hour. not simply not logging on try again type situation). so not sure if it is a simple coding error or maybe just the deadlock situation.
  #71  
Old 10-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Vlada's Avatar
Vlada Vlada is offline
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: IRC #swgemusupport
Posts: 6,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post
I've been trying for like 5 hours. Still can't get in. I love the game, but it's so frustrating trying to get in or being in the middle of something and getting booted with no warning (past 2-3 nights) and not being able to get back in.
Server is deadlocked at the moment, check on IRC #test channel for correct info, and it may be frustrating, but its a TC (test center) so its primary function is not our enjoyment. You will have to wait, like the rest of us. We are all in the same boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katteni View Post
ok i dunno if this is a bug or what or wether its just part of the whole deadlock thing. But i have noticed some times that when i go to log on i get the connecting to log on server. give that say 10 mins or more while i read forums then if that does not work close that then try again. this time I get a back ground with a radial loading type screen. Here is where the difference seems to come in. If i can click back it usually means can get in but if i cant Eg its frozen tends to mean i have to ctr+alt+del to restart and try again. (note this is after letting the log on run for at least 10 mins - 1hour. not simply not logging on try again type situation). so not sure if it is a simple coding error or maybe just the deadlock situation.
That sound like client not server side, if game freezes before it even connects to server it cant be server side. If its that annoying try a full repair.
__________________
SWGEmu Support Helper

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
  #72  
Old 10-22-2009, 04:00 PM
katteni katteni is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 49
have done a full repair and no real diff it seems to change from time to time. /shrug just a idea may be nothing.
  #73  
Old 10-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Union Union is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16
[QUOTE=Vlada;444410]Server is deadlocked at the moment, check on IRC #test channel for correct info, and it may be frustrating, but its a TC (test center) so its primary function is not our enjoyment. You will have to wait, like the rest of us. We are all in the same boat.

True, but I am testing, just as much as I am playing. If I find an issue, I report it. When the game goes live, I want it to work and not be frustrated 24/7.
  #74  
Old 10-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Vlada's Avatar
Vlada Vlada is offline
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: IRC #swgemusupport
Posts: 6,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post
True, but I am testing, just as much as I am playing. If I find an issue, I report it. When the game goes live, I want it to work and not be frustrated 24/7.
I never said you weren't testing, i was simply trying to calm you down and explain that we are all experiencing the same thing, the server is deadlocked for all of us, and we all want and have things to do in game.

But what we do now, and depending on how well we do it, will determent how fast the game will go live and mark the end of all deadlocks, server crashes, wipes etc. Well most of them.
__________________
SWGEmu Support Helper

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
  #75  
Old 10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
G'Kar G'Kar is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Berlin, Wisconsin
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
And leave the bug that caused it in the code? Any idiot can press restart, point is to get the logs before the restart, find out what caused the deadlock, find a way to fix it, code the fix, update the code with the newly codded fix, then get the server up and running. Maybe i missed a step or two.
Thanks for explaining how it works. Wasen't aware their able to log it and fix the problem. So is it safe to say that after each deadlock, server performance should improve? Cause I gotta say, when the server came up today after last nights deadlock, I had the smoothest gameplay yet. Something musta got fixed.

Keep up the excellent work.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.