SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:20 AM

I personally am in favor of the wipe.

However, it seems that contraversy over this has generated a great divide in the community.
I am all for the economy being fixed, but if this takes anything away from the OR I'm against it.

I only hope that whatever happens, this does not end up causing civil war among our community.

Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards, we regret coming to earth. And we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our LAZY ASS FLEET
~Sargent Johnson
Old 04-26-2010, 01:23 AM

No, I'm sorry people will exploit the system post wipe once they find something to exploit. It's not going to change, people will always cheat, its human nature. Please, focus on the OR and leave this server how it is until you guys have the OR for us. No point in dropping more time into what is essentially a timesink considering most of this coding will be unusable next time around anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasme's Mom @ Dasme
You need to take a shower.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:24 AM

btw... wait what
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 AM

I'd also like to know when since there's no point in doing anything I normally do currently...

I still say the good doesn't out way the bad.

also couldn't the blue frogs be set up just to give you professions rather than items as well?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 AM

I've read the edited topic, and it seems TC in it's current state, is just something to keep players "busy" till OR. And I thought I was helping the project by playing on TC... naive me.

So I would like to withdraw my vote or exchange it to a null vote or something. What's the point on TC then? No matter what we find on TC, they won't be used in the OR anyway... TC is a bit pointless right now, and I want no part in this.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJMon View Post
Perma overt jedi. Would be fun as hell you noob.
pfft, says the guy who doesn't play his when the only threat is the occasional BH.

Face it, You were only a good jedi when you have a guild of a dozen plus jedi healing you and transferring you force. As soon as adversity happened, you quit.

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksorlana View Post
I agree with Tygaar and Vex its true it is a test server and who cares if a few immature burt hurt 12 year olds get mad it will make the game better and more efficient in the long run and overall scheme of things because it will give us an opportunity to test out the new stuff for the OR so everything isnt bugged when the OR comes out
There will be another wipe with the OR. It's isn't better or more efficient to do it now. There isn't any testing going on ATM. Sorry, you just don't know what your talking about. If they just kept developing with what currently on Nova it would be like building a structure on an uneven foundation. The OR is leveling or making a true foundation to start building on.

It doesn't really matter for me either way. It's just a pain waiting for crafters to catch up to what the masses need. If you could add frogs (for a few weeks) with grind resources for getting the ball rolling.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone.
The economy will eventually turn out the same way. exploits appear every day in many many MMOs, fixing a few shouldn't demand an entire wipe.

Fixing looted and crafted item quality is a fantastic idea and worthy of a wipe if it is completely necessary. I have no coding knowledge.. although, ive played many games long enough to see similar changes without a wipe.

A "new" way to unlock jedi and a fresh start on the economy doesn't seem valid enough for a wipe. If we need to test a new unlock method, great... but it seems the attention and time should be spent on adding features/content to the OR.

Players QQing over too many jedi are ignorant in my opinion. eventually when the final unlocking system is in place, more than 80% of the player base will work on obtaining a jedi..

im not afraid of losing items, credits, skill boxes at all.. ive tested many games and know its part of the process. it just seems this is a rabbit trail due to exploiters.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:32 AM

Hey Forum mods, is there a way to RESET the Poll and allow people to vote on the REVISED version? I see posts in here that say "well now seeing revised, I withdraw my vote", etc...
Maybe Lock this post, re-add the poll, and allow people to re-post thoughts, minus all the added chatter that's not constructive to the actual question?
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
Hey Forum mods, is there a way to RESET the Poll and allow people to vote on the REVISED version? I see posts in here that say "well now seeing revised, I withdraw my vote", etc...
Maybe Lock this post, re-add the poll, and allow people to re-post thoughts, minus all the added chatter that's not constructive to the actual question?
+1 to this man.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
I second this.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:41 AM

Since I don't have the time or the energy right now to read back and quote individual smacktards, I'll just generally address a few of the stupider arguments made by some of our more "special" posters:

"We need a wipe because I'm bored! There is nothing to do!"

Protip: You can start a new, clean character at any time and grind professions at any time- which is exactly what you'll be doing after the wipe! Imagine that! For extra challenge, don't give yourself items and credits from your own alts! It's like starting clean ANY TIME YOU WANT!

"We can't have frogs! What fun is there if we eliminate weeks of pointless profession grinding on dead code!? I'd get bored and quit!"

Protip- If the only thing in this game that amuses you is grinding new templates... don't use the frogs. Go grind all you like! You can enjoy all your well-spent hours not testing a damn thing while the rest of us continue to also not test a damn thing. (Dead code, remember?) If any completely new classes get added (unlikely) guess what! We can still test those!

Individuals making such regarded comments can stop at the door to pick up their complimentary bike helm before they hurt themselves.

P.S.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
i agree also. you say you want to see our feedback and theres a lot of attention hungry trolls and blue frogs in here now making it hard to see actual thoughts and feedback.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 AM

houses/factories

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaque View Post
If you put houses and factories in then I vote yes, otherwise NO!
adding a little peek at things by adding say small homes and factories would make a wipe worth it

most of these guys dont wanna lose their bugged gear or easy jedi
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
I agree with this as well. Alot of people are changing how they think after reading the revised notes.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: