SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 AM

blue frogs would be a horrible idea
Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vens1o1 View Post
blue frogs would be a horrible idea
Why do you say that?

sig by yaki

Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 AM

i mean it would be great for pvp and pvp fun but i think it would take away the fun of pve shoping and crafting
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 AM

it would take away from pve crafting and buying and selling on the bazar
Old 04-26-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vens1o1 View Post
it would take away from pve crafting and buying and selling on the bazar
What about BLUE FROGS that didn't give items? Only skills?

sig by yaki

Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 AM

yes proactive with a server wipe. Ill agree.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 AM

Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
Yes wipe.

My wish: upon character creation please either start us out with more than $2k or make training fees lower...ie 100, 500, 1500, 3000, and 4000 instead of these existing $8000 to be trained! It's hard enuf starting over! Too many times I've begged for someone to teach me but either I've got to fly to another planet and ask over and over before someone will teach me, (even PMing them) or I have to stay put and ask for hours before someone comes out of afk mode and is available for teaching. I can see if the game were more populated and less afk'd but this has gotten ridiculous for me. It's as if nobody who is already leveled wants to take the time to teach their future competition or something...feels like it anyway.

PS: I see a lot asking you why not just wipe this part or that part? Because it was made clear that this had to be an entire wipe, not just partial.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:30 AM

lol i guess so
Old 04-26-2010, 06:32 AM

Before this version came online 6 months ago, ther was blue frogs but it never stoped me and many others from trying to craft better.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:36 AM

Yes, make the Jedi unlock more mysterious, rather than a matter of who can whack out the most professions in the shortest order.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 AM

To start with I think a lot of people have forgotten that this is a test server and it's meant to be for testing. I also think a lot of people are forgetting that the dev's for the emu don't have to write the code or even ask us if we want a wipe. That the dev's are asking just shows how much they value us the players and nothing else. Now it's possible that they could bring out a patch without wiping the server but lets stop and think about that for a min.
so they release a patch to stop the duping and exploiters The first thing they would need to do is remove ALL the duped items in the game. How would you feel if you logged on after the patch and found that half of everything you had worked for had gone because it was a dupe? Because I know I wouldn't like it at all and I bet some people out there would be on the forums complaining that their hard earned cash and items had gone. For this reason alone a full wipe is justified in my opinion but lets think on for a bit.
So all the duped items have gone and the patch is out there and in place what is its effect on the game? Is it opening other holes in the code to exploites or other ways to dupe? Has it broken anything to do with crafting or combat? The answer is they will not know until they test the code which is why they have a test server in the first place.
Another thing is the OR that they are writing, some people are saying wait until it's finished before you wipe. Well as we the players don't know what is in the OR how can you say this isn't a test of part of the code for the OR? Or that this isn't to test a new unlock system for the OR to see what it's like before they spend to long working on the code to place that system in the OR? The answer is no-one knows.

At the end of the day there are any number of reasons for a wipe, duping, exploiting, code testing ect ect ect. So I voted yes to the wipe and I say to the dev's you are doing a good job and thank you.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmurdoch2000 View Post
To start with I think a lot of people have forgotten that this is a test server and it's meant to be for testing. I also think a lot of people are forgetting that the dev's for the emu don't have to write the code or even ask us if we want a wipe. That the dev's are asking just shows how much they value us the players and nothing else. Now it's possible that they could bring out a patch without wiping the server but lets stop and think about that for a min.
so they release a patch to stop the duping and exploiters The first thing they would need to do is remove ALL the duped items in the game. How would you feel if you logged on after the patch and found that half of everything you had worked for had gone because it was a dupe? Because I know I wouldn't like it at all and I bet some people out there would be on the forums complaining that their hard earned cash and items had gone. For this reason alone a full wipe is justified in my opinion but lets think on for a bit.
So all the duped items have gone and the patch is out there and in place what is its effect on the game? Is it opening other holes in the code to exploites or other ways to dupe? Has it broken anything to do with crafting or combat? The answer is they will not know until they test the code which is why they have a test server in the first place.
Another thing is the OR that they are writing, some people are saying wait until it's finished before you wipe. Well as we the players don't know what is in the OR how can you say this isn't a test of part of the code for the OR? Or that this isn't to test a new unlock system for the OR to see what it's like before they spend to long working on the code to place that system in the OR? The answer is no-one knows.

At the end of the day there are any number of reasons for a wipe, duping, exploiting, code testing ect ect ect. So I voted yes to the wipe and I say to the dev's you are doing a good job and thank you.
You got some brains at right place, while majority of people think it's a real server
Old 04-26-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
You got some brains at right place, while majority of people think it's a real server
Haha, aye, and some people forget it's just a game. If this wipe brings us even just 0.001% closer to a finished, workable server than I support it.
Besides, if you don't like grinding up, why are you playing? Grinding IS a large part of SWG.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilykitt View Post
Haha, aye, and some people forget it's just a game. If this wipe brings us even just 0.001% closer to a finished, workable server than I support it.
Besides, if you don't like grinding up, why are you playing? Grinding IS a large part of SWG.
It seems you mixed up me with some one else. I never said i dont like to grind. I like to explore and kill mobs underway and i have no problems what so ever becouse of the wipe.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 AM

if they are going to "revise" the unlock system wouldn't it be wise....for future OR testing.... to put in the original holo system if that is whats going to be used in vanilla unless its the village system which would entail god knows how many npc missions quests etc etc... rather than goin with something like the current system which won't even be in live?

Just wondering cause if you hammer out say the old hologrind system or makeshift village missions for now wouldn't that go along way towards finishing one aspect of the old game instead of putting something totally different into the works?

Sure everyone might know the old systems well but doing either the hologrind or makeshift village system would be something building towards the endcoding rather than having to totally rewrite the unlock code every few wipes to keep people guessing....sure its fun to figure out each new system but if its going to prolong the end result i'd say keep it as is or go back to what it originally was.

Tusken
Roodypooh
Spy
Ichigo
Closed Thread