SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:04 AM

if the devs deem it's necessary, i say go ahead. don't leave it up to a community with biased opinions.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:05 AM

Thumbs up Nova wipe

I may not want to start over but I like to play on a level playing field. So I vote yes on the wipe and I am fully prepared to rebuild everything all over again.

Bust those Hackers every time.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:05 AM

i vote no to the wipe till OR is done. If OR has nothing to do with TC then why bother with messing with TC now? Just work on OR thats what is needed. No need imop for wiping TC...
Old 04-26-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN_Viper View Post
I may not want to start over but I like to play on a level playing field. So I vote yes on the wipe and I am fully prepared to rebuild everything all over again.

Bust those Hackers every time.
We can always punish the exploiters by deleting their characters. That'll--- oh, wait...
Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 AM

" What we propose changing
* Revising the jedi unlock
* Implementing credit duping fixes
* Implementing item duping fixes
* Better equalizing crafted items and looted item quality
* Fixing bazaar exploits

This would mean that everything would be deleted; characters, accounts, items, etc. We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems.

Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone. "

Okay, I know I haven't been on TC the longest period of time yet, but I honestly look at this proposal as one that doesn't have much of a point. Aside from changing the Jedi unlock system a bit (which would then nullify everything that everyone's done to late in order to get their Jedi), and POSSIBLY seeing more equality among crafted and looted items (my question would be HOW this would be implemented... would they nerf looted weps or would they actually provide GOOD resources for crafters?) there aren't any tangible benefits to wiping and restarting with the same old code + a couple of tweaks.

Who would this really benefit? As for testing the server, having the large number of items and characters to keep a database of, plus the existing server population would seem to test the server even more than wiping it, and implementing a slight content switch with Jedi (which could be buggy or near impossible to figure out) or an undisclosed means of making the items in game more on par, crafting and looting wise.

I vote No as there are too many variables at this time, and not enough information has been released on the HOWS and WHATS of what would be done in order to make the wipe actually beneficial. I honestly could also see how it could push a lot of people into just stopping playing for awhile or altogether as all the work they put into their characters was toasted just to implement a credit/item dupe fix, tweak Jedi a bit, and possibly make craftable items more equal. Not a HUGE benefit for such a big loss.

I see a lot of posts saying "I vote yes if..." Well what if the "if..." doesn't come to pass? Are there any people who are going to STOP playing if no wipe Pre- OR hits? Are there any people who'll come back if a wipe happens and resets it to zero? If we're wanting to test the server, having as many people playing/running characters, collecting items, placing harvesters, adding inventory, etc... will test the server. It just seems this wipe has WAY too many unknowns that could backfire.

What if the new Jedi system doesn't work right and has to be reverted? What if instead of craftable schems being bugged, harvesters end up being completely useless again? Too many variables when you talk about wiping, then changing the code. As it is now, we all pretty much know the ins and outs of the bugs and problems, and a wipe is counterproductive to that...especially when bugfixes on TC are not even being targeted anymore.

If there was an addition of EXTRA CONTENT to actually TEST, i.e. CH, Houses, Backpacks, etc... in prep for OR, then I'd be all for it... but there's nothing really beneficial to this wipe.

Just my two cents.
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon

Last edited by Adler1984; 04-26-2010 at 01:16 AM.

We all know the wipe inevitable at this point.. Real question is when are they wiping it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsg View Post
If the wipe goes through, regardless of how comprehensive it is, Can we please keep character names/slots assigned to our accounts? I can only wonder at the few that maybe thinking of this wipe as an opportunity to steal names for either vendetta or just plain cause headaches and confusion. Am I the only one that is afraid of this?
Afraid of it? Hell, I'm looking forward to it!

-IGN: Mahonra
Old 04-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Banned

We need this wipe to remove all the credits that I duped.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 AM

I say yes to the wipe anything to fix tc. BUT I do agree on Blue Frogs be implemented back in for a couple of months so we could at least get back to where we were :P
Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 AM

I voted yes.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:16 AM

Wipe them out... All of them.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:16 AM

My 'yes' vote is conditional.
As a vet. Swg player I find it irritating that we have full functioning Jedi, but no droids or buildings, and FAIL extractors. No wearable packs from tailor, no real use for CH, or DE. I say if a wipe will fix or bring about a fix to these CORE professions. I will be on board. If ALL this is about, is to fix in game economy then >NO WAY<
Old 04-26-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
" What we propose changing
* Revising the jedi unlock
* Implementing credit duping fixes
* Implementing item duping fixes
* Better equalizing crafted items and looted item quality
* Fixing bazaar exploits

This would mean that everything would be deleted; characters, accounts, items, etc. We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems.

Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone. "

Okay, I know I haven't been on TC the longest period of time yet, but I honestly look at this proposal as one that doesn't have much of a point. Aside from changing the Jedi unlock system a bit (which would then nullify everything that everyone's done to late in order to get their Jedi), and POSSIBLY seeing more equality among crafted and looted items (my question would be HOW this would be implemented... would they nerf looted weps or would they actually provide GOOD resources for crafters?) there aren't any tangible benefits to wiping and restarting with the same old code + a couple of tweaks.

Who would this really benefit? As for testing the server, having the large number of items and characters to keep a database of, plus the existing server population would seem to test the server even more than wiping it, and implementing a slight content switch with Jedi (which could be buggy or near impossible to figure out) or an undisclosed means of making the items in game more on par, crafting and looting wise.

I vote No as there are too many variables at this time, and not enough information has been released on the HOWS and WHATS of what would be done in order to make the wipe actually beneficial. I honestly could also see how it could push a lot of people into just stopping playing for awhile or altogether as all the work they put into their characters was toasted just to implement a credit/item dupe fix, tweak Jedi a bit, and possibly make craftable items more equal. Not a HUGE benefit for such a big loss.

I see a lot of posts saying "I vote yes if..." Well what if the "if..." doesn't come to pass? Are there any people who are going to STOP playing if no wipe Pre- OR hits? Are there any people who'll come back if a wipe happens and resets it to zero? If we're wanting to test the server, having as many people playing/running characters, collecting items, placing harvesters, adding inventory, etc... will test the server. It just seems this wipe has WAY too many unknowns that could backfire.

What if the new Jedi system doesn't work right and has to be reverted? What if instead of craftable schems being bugged, harvesters end up being completely useless again? Too many variables when you talk about wiping, then changing the code. As it is now, we all pretty much know the ins and outs of the bugs and problems, and a wipe is counterproductive to that...especially when bugfixes on TC are not even being targeted anymore.

If there was an addition of EXTRA CONTENT to actually TEST, i.e. CH, Houses, Backpacks, etc... in prep for OR, then I'd be all for it... but there's nothing really beneficial to this wipe.

Just my two cents.
best post in here. thank you
Old 04-26-2010, 01:18 AM

oh yes, shame i can't rank my jedi by making as many overt artisans to pwn as i please. really missing out. shucks

Rockin' the DooDooPee, Ya'll see me rollin', you hatin.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 AM

NO. BLUE. FROGS.

Interdependence is key for a flourishing economy. Blue Frogs would abort the economy before its birth.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: