SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomancipator View Post
having only 1 character per server was my biggest gripe on live.
that being said, there is only 1 server here. so you then limit a person to only take 1 profession and stick with it. on live you had multiple servers. so, if you got bored grinding your crafter you could log in on another server and play something else to ease the monotony. if you're going to limit the number of characters a person has then limit it to 2.
in all actuality, this is a test server. so there shouldn't be those kinds of limitations until a RC (release candidate) is ready to be tested.
Well as a matter of fact one solution would be to have a few test galaxies so you could have one toon on each and see how that goes.

It would be an excellent test both to see if the server or cluster of servers can handle multiple galaxies : like 2 or 3 for example, as well as looking as how populations and economy behave with one toon per, no triple xps, no easy mobs, no silly loot...

Say nova-1, nova-2, nova-3...

When one is deadlocked you go play your crafter on the other... etc... etc...

Or... One with blue frogs, one without...

WIPE IT and put back full xpoints so leveling is much slower... slower growth to keep us busy while you all work on the OR...

Maybe people can gain a much stronger feeling of accomplishment when they hit master.

I don't have a problem to grind again... is it fun?? well... it is part of the game...

It's all temporary anyway. We all know it. So stop fretting people and just try to enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hraka View Post
In my opinion, the purpose of the wipe is to test the stability and effectiveness of the items listed in the original post. Once these new items are implemented and hashed out, that is one less set of items that must be perfected prior to live release. Waiting until OR means likely longer testing and possibly further conceptualization AFTER OR. Implementing the wipe and the changes now is progress to a live server.
That's not the reason though ... it's to fix the corrupted economy created by cheaters. The wipe will bring nothing new ...

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 AM

While I can definitely see that many people don't agree we should have a wipe due to the fact that the OR is coming and it seems redundant, which it does, I see the value in the wipe. The wipe will do many things even if the game is left as is, this includes leveling the playing field for those new to the emu, and hopefully building up a sense of community as we come together to rebuild what has been lost.

When the newbies go running missions together, which was not common after the last wipe as we have way more people around now (so I'm told) we should see the grouping begin. Also I know more than one person who has been talking about guilds as if they don't exist, and there are a few but no one really knows one another, it's all about melee stacking and solo'ing anything. I'm not against that ability but at least there would be comradery for a while.

If they get rid of the ease of jedi unlocking, and make the uber guns disapear, weaponsmiths will start to see their crap needed, as opposed to the guy who farms Nightsisters on dath, and comes back and sells the guns for 200k to 400k. That weaponsmith needs some love too don't you think?

As far as jedi, yes the rumours were time consuming, only doing 5 myself, I can imagine what 15 to 20 would have been like. I also know, having had a jedi on live, that that grind isn't particularily loving either (I gave up on mine, unlocked in january 04, didnt play after february) so I can feel your pain for your template'd jedi, but the server is filled iwth people who started at different times, imagine what it would be life if everyone had a role, and all (1k ish I suppose) of us all had the same starting point. Yes some people would pull ahead, but the group would have cohesion.

That was my very rambling, very sideways and redirecting way of saying. Nuke it.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomancipator View Post
that being said, there is only 1 server here. so you then limit a person to only take 1 profession and stick with it. on live you had multiple servers. so, if you got bored grinding your crafter you could log in on another server and play something else to ease the monotony.
Fair point about variation. I don't quite agree with the 'no restrictions at all' sentiment though, but then I have a very masochistic approach to gaming and absolutely hate having access to everything without being made to choose. A question of personal preference I guess.

Last edited by Brilliance; 04-26-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Clarity. I has none.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 AM

wipe

If we are talking about fixing the crafting in the game ie. adding houses factories the better harvesters, then yes wipeing is a great idea. Makeing jedi harder to get bad idea. This is the TC people are supposed to be able to get jedi, from what I have read jedi will be revamped for the OR, at that point I doubt 90 percent of the players will ever unlock. I say let everyone have it. I know people complain about too many jedi, but what is it to them. Its the mightier then tho syndrome, you dont deserve it, you are not uber cool enough to make jedi. Thats crap, Ill say this soe did not destroy swg, was the trollers always whineing about this or that and the devs trying to make them happy IM seeing this cycle again. stop whineing if someone is better then you are go find out why and fix it yourself. there are so many ways to get good so many weaknesses that one spec has that another spec might beat. That is the fun of swg. Stop being jellous of what others have and go get it for yourselves. In conclusion, wipeing the server because a few people are whineing is not going to change anything it will only make them whine for more. Do not get me wrong Im all for progress, but this wipe is to appease few who have been flameing on the forumns I dont see any reason for it.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 AM

Talking Wipe

Sigh.... fine wipe it... but can we PLEASE have CH? sorry... had to beg there.....
Old 04-26-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
That's not the reason though ... it's to fix the corrupted economy created by cheaters. The wipe will bring nothing new ...
That is exactly the reason: Fixes to dupes and new jedi system are certainly new things that need to be tested for their effectiveness and stability on overall gameplay.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:29 AM

im curious to how many dummy accounts are being made to trump up votes for this nonsense
Old 04-26-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlisJ View Post
I see that most of "yes" voter have no idea for what they were voting.
Yes they do. Most of them have been very clear about their reasons.

"OLOLOL NO MOAR JEDI! LOLOLOL QQ HAHAHA! I GET MAH SPACESHIP NOW PEWPEW!"

Old 04-26-2010, 09:32 AM

I do not agree with one toon per account. On live i bought two games to have two toons.

I agree with having a limited number maybe 2 or 3 but not 1. since we are not allowed two accounts.

I had a combat guy and a cook on live and that was fun. really opens up the game a little allowing you to do both.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vieppedfire View Post
If we are talking about fixing the crafting in the game ie. adding houses factories the better harvesters, then yes wipeing is a great idea. Makeing jedi harder to get bad idea. This is the TC people are supposed to be able to get jedi, from what I have read jedi will be revamped for the OR, at that point I doubt 90 percent of the players will ever unlock. I say let everyone have it. I know people complain about too many jedi, but what is it to them. Its the mightier then tho syndrome, you dont deserve it, you are not uber cool enough to make jedi. Thats crap, Ill say this soe did not destroy swg, was the trollers always whineing about this or that and the devs trying to make them happy IM seeing this cycle again. stop whineing if someone is better then you are go find out why and fix it yourself. there are so many ways to get good so many weaknesses that one spec has that another spec might beat. That is the fun of swg. Stop being jellous of what others have and go get it for yourselves. In conclusion, wipeing the server because a few people are whineing is not going to change anything it will only make them whine for more. Do not get me wrong Im all for progress, but this wipe is to appease few who have been flameing on the forumns I dont see any reason for it.
What? This wipe is to fix/remove exploited weapons/credits/items not because of e-peen issues.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post
It seem a majority of people voted "yes" because they just want to do whatever the developers want to do. Which doesn't help the actual voting at hand. It wasn't what YOU think they developers want, it's what ever YOU want on the test server.

If I'm wrong and the developers just want a wipe anyways, they should just do it, I agree with them, but on a personal note, I'm against a character wipe - I believe there is no reason on 'fixing' a server on death row as soon as the OR comes out.
it will be more easy for the devs to do a complete wipe rather than leave partial bits and i am sure they will want to add as little time to this as possible, unless they want to test the new unlock system.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hraka View Post
That is exactly the reason: Fixes to dupes and new jedi system are certainly new things that need to be tested for their effectiveness and stability on overall gameplay.
Both are not relevant to the OR? Different code, different jedi unlock afaik.

The reason they keep this poll is not because a wipe is necessary, but because people are asking for it ... huge difference.

My feelings are not based on any inside knowledge though

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 AM

item/credit wipe, but maybe after the wipe increase drop rates for like a week or so, because you will have tons of people who have all these skills but no real weapons/armor etc. people will have to wait to get resources enough to jumpstart the economy again. A way to fix the credits would be just to wipe all those inventory things.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: