SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:35 AM
'Sombre

I hear talk bout an ETA, all i saw was "Almost there guys"
Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 AM

wow, that is a great update devs!
I'm excited to soon see housing and cities
Old 09-16-2008, 02:21 AM

Wow. There is going to be an ETA. That's an accomplishment as exciting as when you announced getting into the sandbox.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waa View Post
HUH?

Meditating pre-cu could heal wounds at lvl 4, I hope the above was referring to the first 3 lvls

http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/abiliti...swgability=327
That was a list of bugs that has been fixed, we should now be able to heal wounds by meditating.. We could not before.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:19 AM

Thumbs up

Wow, great progress!

Old 09-16-2008, 04:43 AM
Web Developer

YAMMi!

[IMG]http://wmcc.su/userbar.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-16-2008, 08:09 AM

package loss

Hi

You guys are doing an awsome job, thx.

Im loggin from Denmark, last night I was, for a long time, finally able to get on TC, had a package loss of 95% though, if it can be of any help.

Falk
Old 09-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsey
Something I would like to do is develop a definition of what our "v1.0" release should contain. The v1.0 release will lift the connection limit on the public builds of engine3, and allow others to run their own SWG precu servers however they like. We have stated before that a v1.0 release should be able to support the ground portion of the game, so we'll start with that.

Tonight I will create a topic in the staff section of the forums and get to work over the next two weeks in coming up with what we need before v1.0, then share that with you guys in the next BiWeekly. With the definition of what a v1.0 release is, a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible.
This is not saying that we will have an exact ETA. This is not saying that the server is almost finished. Please don't take things out of context.

This is simply saying that we are growing closer to RC1.0 and that we might be able to estimate about how much more time it will be before having all the features implemented that will be included in RC1.0 AFTER we decide exactly what will be in RC1.0.

Again, not saying that the server will be ready on August 14, 2009. There is no way to know for sure when we will be done. Stop the speculation and misinformation please.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM

awsome works.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Thank you, cRush.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:53 PM

Thanks, but I do have one question.

Thanks for the update guys. It's good to see that things are really progressing even if we don't see it on the TC.

I do have one question about the way in which you are scripting the crafting process. I was wondering if you are currently working to keep the code somewhat flexible so as to offer server teams the ability to manipulate some of the crafting elements or are you going to tackle that after the initial coding is done?

In memory of:
l'Aasin Pietje (Master Shipwright, Master Armorsmith, Alliance Master Pilot, CEO of A'n'A Industries, and Mayor of the great cities of Ja Xerad & New Ja Xerad) {Server: Radiant}

Wyylk (Fully Templated Jedi, Ugly bastard & SWG Shen CO) {Server: Radiant}

Old 09-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Dannyjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
This is not saying that we will have an exact ETA. This is not saying that the server is almost finished. Please don't take things out of context.

This is simply saying that we are growing closer to RC1.0 and that we might be able to estimate about how much more time it will be before having all the features implemented that will be included in RC1.0 AFTER we decide exactly what will be in RC1.0.

Again, not saying that the server will be ready on August 14, 2009. There is no way to know for sure when we will be done. Stop the speculation and misinformation please.
I read each post and did not see any misinformation. I did not see anyone say we were getting an ETA. I did see a lot of excitement over the fact that the update stated that with the upcoming changes/projects, would put us close to knowing when a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible. So I did not see anyone taking things out of context, just a lot of excitement over the the fact that soon we will be close to knowing when we can set an ETA or a ballpark ETA is feasible.

And I must say that it really makes me feel giddy. Before this post it was like I really had no idea when an ETA could be set, 10 or 15 years from start to official release of the public servers is what I was thinking. I think this update is a huge improvement over the last one(though it was great in it's self). Everyone is not expecting an ETA in the next update, but its awesome to use those 3 little letters.

ETA ETA ETA its almost like buffing my mind,

Last edited by Dannyjax; 09-16-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Kaadus

Here's a debuff then
close to knowing when a ballpark ETA for release is more feasible
Old 09-16-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadus View Post
Here's a debuff then
That's like logging off with a piece of armor on and coming back with a -399 modifier on your secondary stats!

You Will Be Diseased
Old 09-17-2008, 03:21 PM

Nice, getting even better each update

good work guys

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: