SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazuya View Post
What is annoying is your whining about others whining.

If one doesnt visit the forums often and dig into exactly what "Online" means, it can be confusing.

To most people, at a quick glance, "Online" (in ref. to the TC status) means just that.

To you and others it means "Check the IRC for the real status".

If one could simply make "Online" just that alot of questions would be put to rest at a glance.

So, don't be so upset if someone gets a little confused and berate them for an honest question.
Please reference my edit above for a better understanding. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
That "honest question" is against the rules of this forum.
So understanding what "Online" means is against the rules?

It wasnt clear to me until I read what others had posted.

What sense does it make to have "Online" in regards to status and it really doesnt mean that.

Then have people who don't understand either and then get comments like "standing in roads and face traffic" as your punishment??

It's rude and uncalled for.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediwaos View Post
Please reference my edit above for a better understanding. Thanks in advance.
I have nothing to understand.

I read and I understand.

I don't need to put others down though with thoughtless comments so I feel better about myself.

I'll bet your toon is a Jedi................
Old 01-02-2010, 12:01 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Asking about server status in any way, shape or form on this forum is against the rules.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 01-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Asking about server status in any way, shape or form on this forum is against the rules.
So telling me the definition of "Online" in regards to server stauts is againist the rules??
Old 01-02-2010, 12:06 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
So telling me the definition of "Online" in regards to server stauts is againist the rules??
You are not very bright are you, or are you just trying to convince everyone that you are right by acting stupid?

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I have nothing to understand.

I read and I understand.

I don't need to put others down though with thoughtless comments so I feel better about myself.

I'll bet your toon is a Jedi................
No you do not understand what I, or others, are saying here. And no, my toon is not a jedi. If you must know, at the moment my toon is BH 3xxx and TKA xx42. Thanks for the laugh though.

As far as a techincal explanation of what is happening to the server, I will do it one more time. A description of the various situations is also included for your convinience:

Server status: Online but not able to connect with others making posts about it on the forums

Most likely this means the server is deadlocked. Please feel free to read other posts to confrim. What is a deadlock? Again feel free to use the forum's search feature to find more information on this but I will also explain here, again, for your convinience.

A deadlock means that Process B is waiting for confirmation from Process A that it has completed. However, Process A is also waiting confirmation from Process B that it is also ready. With both awaiting action from the other process, this is what is known as a deadlock. In terms of this particular server, both of these processes are a part of passing clients onto the server. While you may be able to log into your account and see your characters, you can't get past the "Connecting to the server...".

In this case, the server is truly online as the status states, however it is unable to pass clients onto the server and, therefore, you and everyone else who is attempting to log into the test center are experiencing the same problem.

Server status: Online After using the search feature or by taking a quick look into the TC Nova forum you find that there aren't any others complaining about the server being down

Check the IRC. If no one there is having problems there may be a chance that you are having a problem. Contact support on IRC or by another means as listed in the support forum as well as in various other places.

Server status: Offline Clearly no explanation needed.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Ediwaos; 01-02-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:33 PM

First and foremost, neither of the people trying to enforce "the rules" here have any standing here. Honestly, they are just acting like bored children, so just shrug it off.

Secondly, asking "is the server up" is not the same as "what does "Online" mean?" In my understanding of it (which could be entirely wrong), the status on the left is connected to the Zone server which can be up independently of a log in server. Still, it is not incorrect to say the server is 'online' because people who are logged in still have access to it. I don't think it needs to be changed, at least not at this time as it's not an essential feature.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durka Durka View Post
First and foremost, neither of the people trying to enforce "the rules" here have any standing here. Honestly, they are just acting like bored children, so just shrug it off.
Sorry you feel this way. I'm actually not bored But thanks for a good contribution to the thread (and there is truly no sarcasm intended there as it is a good contribution).
Old 01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durka Durka View Post

Secondly, asking "is the server up" is not the same as "what does "Online" mean?" In my understanding of it (which could be entirely wrong), the status on the left is connected to the Zone server which can be up independently of a log in server. Still, it is not incorrect to say the server is 'online' because people who are logged in still have access to it. I don't think it needs to be changed, at least not at this time as it's not an essential feature.
We don't make the rules, we don't enforce the rules, we remind people that are to lazy to read the rules that they actually exist and that they are breaking them.

This thread was necroed for a purpose of inquiring about server status, only first 2 or 3 pages are related to the issue mentioned in the title that was resolved. If you don't know what you are talking about, please stop posting.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

ahhh
Old 01-04-2010, 11:29 PM

Could anyone confirm or deny that this problem is back? I'm having trouble logging on again, and the server only has 190 people logged in but I'd like some independent confirmation if possible.

And if the answer to my question was posted above I apologize, but I must have overlooked it with all the petty insults and ranting non-sensical flaming going on.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:44 PM

Looks like the same problem to me.

Oh well back to Dragon age
Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 AM

Click on a link:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/irc.php

Type /join #status

Last edited by Ediwaos; 01-05-2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Emphasis... and more Emphasis
Old 01-07-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
And if the answer to my question was posted above I apologize, but I must have overlooked it with all the petty insults and ranting non-sensical flaming going on.
Well, sometimes it seems as if some ppl just wait for someone asking questions which should not be asked

Anyway - whats annoying to me is that TC Nova often is taken down with hardly any announcement ... just being in fight I see there has been a message "20 seconds until server shutdown" ... and the server is dead. Guess it wont drive the server operators that mad if the countdown is 2 minutes with announcement all 30 sec so there is enough time to log out normally.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: