SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:43 PM

Well Merry Christmas SWGEmu, here's a little donation for you in hopes that one day I can be a MPowers again
Old 12-18-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethesmallbus1 View Post
ultyma i thought we agreed no cars with the money... women, we know u need to pay so we can let it slide.
haha
Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Developer
DeveloperAdministrator

It upsets me when people think we get $10,000 a month.

There was a time when we were getting like $200 a month off of the google ads. But then people stopped clicking on them. So that is down to like $10-$30 now.

Donation's to paypal are few and far between. We randomly get $10 here, or $25 there but it's not consistent and that's when we run into the problems with paying for things.

I wish I could say to the team, Hey guys, we got $1000 donations this month, the server is $200 and other costs bring it to like $250. So theres $750 to split between us to go buy some beers.

But I can't say that. Because it doesn't happen.

I would LOVE to get paid for this. But I don't. And neither does anyone else on this dev team.

So to all you people who think we are profiting off of this, go buy a weighted companion cube because its the only friend you will have for the latter part of your adulthood.

Good day and Merry Christmakwanzaka.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 PM

I'm unable to donate at this time, but soon, I'll be sure to make a donation.

For now, I offer my support, and any assistance needed in this testing phase.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:20 PM

well, im unable to pay for anything online right now, i got to get a paypal account made, if it wasn't for that, i will for sure donate abit, rather that than being forced to play the crappy nge

Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 PM

Is there anyway we could click the google ads to generate more income?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:15 AM

Heck! I'll throw in 5 bucks.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by LTS_Silver; 12-19-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 AM

hmm this is my first post and im damn glad you guys are doing this though i cannot actually afford to give you guys money if clicking google ads will help ill click them every spare moment i have and have friends do so as well.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:44 AM

Is that server cost per month! Holy Jesus thats a lot of cash. Isnt there anyway to get that cheaper?

O yeah, everyone needs to go click some google adds then just hit the back button. Do it every time you log on, I mean really, how much time would it take you? A few extra seconds?

Last edited by Nayre; 12-19-2007 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:46 AM

I am able, and (More than) willing to donate to this cause - I just want to know what is a respectable Donation?

I have ~some~ money, and if even during Christmas, a $25 dollar Donation would help - Count me in!

Would you mind PM'ing me some specifics?
-- Also, I have 3 Minion.... I mean brothers, who, while poor - have ample computer time... Does having them click on Banners from different IP's work?

<--- Realizes he is a noob
Old 12-19-2007, 05:05 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultyma View Post
I'm too busy buying my BMW's and Women with the donations to read this thread.

HI2U.

You might get a tank of gas in the beamer with my donated loot, but thasboutit lol.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultyma View Post

There was a time when we were getting like $200 a month off of the google ads. But then people stopped clicking on them. So that is down to like $10-$30 now.

Donation's to paypal are few and far between. We randomly get $10 here, or $25 there but it's not consistent and that's when we run into the problems with paying for things.

I wish I could say to the team, Hey guys, we got $1000 donations this month, the server is $200 and other costs bring it to like $250. So theres $750 to split between us to go buy some beers.

I would LOVE to get paid for this. But I don't. And neither does anyone else on this dev team.

So to all you people who think we are profiting off of this, go buy a weighted companion cube because its the only friend you will have for the latter part of your adulthood.

so everyone click on the google ads as often as possible!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:

Dear Ultyma,

You shouldn't get mad or take it personal, people just want to see something from you guys in exchange for their money. At one point you were all developing for the love of the game, now you're coming on here requesting money to continue for it's very existence? What makes matters worse is that anytime someone asks for a deadline, you ban them or lock them out from the site. I ask you this, if you were me and you were seeing this, would that encourage you to open up your wallet?

Look, I'm not saying you guys are scamming us, I'm simply saying that you should be more transparent with the project. Explain to folks in detail what it costs to keep things going i.e. server costs etc. and please give folks a realistic timetable even if that's 10 years from now.

You will prob. delete this post and or ban me but whatever, I had to speak my mind.

Merry Christmas to all of you.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 AM

lol i have never posted but /cry plz. Just donate and shut up the game will be out whenever it is done. Oh yea i will donate on pay day
Old 12-19-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunZU View Post
Dear Ultyma,

You shouldn't get mad or take it personal, people just want to see something from you guys in exchange for their money. At one point you were all developing for the love of the game, now you're coming on here requesting money to continue for it's very existence? What makes matters worse is that anytime someone asks for a deadline, you ban them or lock them out from the site. I ask you this, if you were me and you were seeing this, would that encourage you to open up your wallet?

Look, I'm not saying you guys are scamming us, I'm simply saying that you should be more transparent with the project. Explain to folks in detail what it costs to keep things going i.e. server costs etc. and please give folks a realistic timetable even if that's 10 years from now.

You will prob. delete this post and or ban me but whatever, I had to speak my mind.

Merry Christmas to all of you.
The money is used to pay the rent for the server(s)? that host the test center, web page and irc-server.
I cant recall exactly what post I read this in, but it was something like $299 per server per month. Im guessing thats where the money go.

EDIT: If this is incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: