SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM

Wipe please

he brings a point even if as the poll reults are now 40% no 60% yes is it really worth possibly losing 30% of your testers ? maybe i mean its a free game but you know your not gonna lose anywhere near that many of the yes grp if you dont wipe.However, i agree that a credit wipe inventory wipe could be done and would be a must if there was a credit wipe cause otherwise i could then i a few months sale the holos and cas in my inventory and again we will have ppl crying about how the game life much like real life just isnt fair and balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ace- View Post
All i read from that entire post was the hackers won, forcing everyone else to start fresh (and then again for OR). And in the end they will just figure out how to do it again, and this will be posted...again.

Yes to complete inv/item wipe. No to char wipe.
I feel the same way..
Old 04-25-2010, 11:22 PM

I agree with a wipe to better the game for the big release. Yes regrinding all the toons is a downer but we all knew these toons werent permanent. The economy has gotten to carried away in here and way to many uber weapons dropping. If you could add factories at least to help stabilize the economy wouldnt be a bad thing either. And it would be a smile knowing the credit sellers got it stuck to them when the holder toons they had invested rl money into go poof

Despite how much I really don't feel like re-grinding everything I have to this point, if this speeds up the process to the OR and helps us to reach our goal of completing the Emu once and for all, I support it 100 percent. This will also cause a drop in the RP community more than likely but I have to look at the bigger picture here.

Voted yes to wipe.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 PM

Yoouuuu Keeennn dewwww iitttt devs
Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 PM

nay. no wipe. not actually needed, just some seem to like the idea. It will just cause discontent, and frustration for the hours spent by those who have so far worked very hard to get where they are. yes some negatives happened... yes some issues needed to be resolved. they have been and new exploits will pop up and will be found again. they have JUST as much chance to do it NOW as if you did a wipe. so whats the difference? those without so much invested have not much to lose, and will prolly like the idea of a wipe. Those with much invested.... have everything to lose. literally.
Darrius Darkstar (Dark Jedi)

---------------------------------------
SWGemu - (2009 - Current)

Marianna Moonlighter (Master Tailor/Master ID)
Razzo Starblazer (Master Medic/Novice Rifle)
Venus (TKM/Master Medic)
Divinity (Master Dancer / Master Doctor)
Old 04-25-2010, 11:25 PM

How about we just wipe the hackers... Problem solved..
Old 04-25-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
We also may be able to add more features to TC that wouldn't be possible on the current TC.
To everyone voting yes because they can't read. If you can't fix the exploiting now, why would a wipe give you the knowledge to do so? A maybe isn't good enough for me to lose all my toons.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:26 PM

I voted no already for reasons already stated, but I want to say something.

Voting yes to a wipe to items and credits but not characters is interesting and all, but if they really do implement OR items and other gadgets for us to test, its insanely unlikely.

In a game testing environment, the developers need to see players at various stages and how the code interacts. This includes the beginning and the end.

I have to assume it would be much simpler to simply wipe everything and let everyone grind back up, to check for quirks in the system along the way. And if they need testing with full templates and various items, they can always put back in Traders/Frogs.

Please just keep in mind that, ultimately, your characters are worth nothing at this stage of the game. They are going to get deleted sooner or later, whether it is tomorrow or in six months.

Honestly, hacks and exploits mean nothing...everything will continue to be inflated even if there was a wipe...

I vote no because even with all the stuff going on, it's still fun..besides within a month after the wipe, it will pretty much be back to this except less jedi on the server....not exactly what I'd call a good enough reason.

Send food order emails to Nathalia. Armor/Weapon orders to Kamui.

never mind

<DOOM> Website

Last edited by SirJMon; 04-25-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 PM

Wipe Wipe Wipe
I for one am glad to see a wipe so the economy returns to normal and the duping and hacking stops. If someone figures out how to do it again down the road then so be it and it can be dealt with again. I am not going to whine about losing characters and money because I know this is a test server and subject to wipe (without notice at the discretion of the Devs) These people are doing this because they loved the original game enough to spend a lot if not most of their free time to do it, for themselves and for the community. I am sure they hate to wipe as much as you seem to not want it but if it's for the betterment of the game why complain about it.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 PM

Im all for a wipe, but only when the OR is ready. If exploits and money dupers have gotten out of hand then the best thing todo would be wiping all items and money from people bank accounts leaving there current templates in tact. No need for people to grind out there templates and have to re do that all over again because a couple of ass clowns are trying to ruin the fun for the rest.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: