SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News

Notices

Community News Community Bulletins, Service downtimes and minor announcements.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 10:47 AM

I love you guys, I really do. I'll admit as much as I loved the thought of ever playing Pre-CU again, I figured there was a snowballs chance in...that place... to ever get to see it again. I figured this idea would wither away, and so I dared not get my hopes up.

I really really hope sometimes in between the deadlocks/gripes/trolling/whinging that the staff has a chance to sit back and reflect on what it is you guys have done here. I think this project is the epitome of ignoring doomsayers/naysayers. You all should be proud and should pat yourselves on the backs. If you only do it sometimes you should do it more.

There is lots more to go of course, but I for one have been enjoying my last couple of months thanks to you all. You all have this one man's gratitude as well as my humble support. Thank you.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:25 PM

I'm back to SWGEmu since 2 or 3 weeks. Pure curiosity dragged me here after so long time (first login somwhen 2007 I think) and I was completly stunned by the progress the game has experienced since then. Sure, theres bugs, lag, deadlocks and stuff, but hell, who cares, this is the game I wanted to play when I bought my copy in 2004. Trandoshan Creature Handler was my reason to begin playingso guess how keen I am to see the OR approaching.

However, I'm patient, as I know that's all volunteer and hard work. Greatest respect and thanks so much to the whole crew that brings back the best multiplayer game ever. You are just awesome!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:28 PM

I've been enjoying SWGEmu for a few months now off and on, and am also astonished at the progress. Haven't said 'thanks' to all the volunteers and everyone that plays a part in restoring the greatest game ever back to it's former glory.

So a big THANK YOU to Ekaika for keeping us informed, but aslo to all the volunteers, all the coders, all the error testers, all the web-site folks, all the IRC folks, EVERYONE that has played a part in getting it to where it is today, and working on the great, bright future that is ahead!

NO LONGER can Sony and the SWG dev's RIP A GAME OUT FROM UNDER US! All of you volunteers have seen to it, now the ORIGINAL SWG, the fun one with all the professions, with the great combat system, and all it's original quirks that made it THE MOST UNIQUE MMORPG OF THEM ALL - you all have made it possible for the PLAYERS to enjoy this game in all it's former (and future!) glory!

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL, YOU ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

I don't believe that's a question that can be uniformly answered yes or no. Only the dev's will know once the OR nears completion how previous work will integrate. Prior to this, however, we've been asked by them to continue to provide clear concise quality bug reports. The way I see it, it can't hurt, so go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiriki View Post
A while ago (read: several month) I read a statement saying that the current codebase would be made obsolete by the OR so there would be no point in fixing bugs we find on the server and therefore also no point in reporting bugs. Is that still true? Or hast the OR progressed far enough that parts of it have been integrated and need to be tested?

So Long
Shiriki
Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Threads like this remind us why we keep you around Ekaika. ..lets just hope it gets read by all confused parties.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:25 PM

I was confused, I read, I'm fine.

Thank you for info!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiriki View Post
A while ago (read: several month) I read a statement saying that the current codebase would be made obsolete by the OR so there would be no point in fixing bugs we find on the server and therefore also no point in reporting bugs. Is that still true? Or hast the OR progressed far enough that parts of it have been integrated and need to be tested?

So Long
Shiriki
i am sure you would have to read a whole long debate but the unofficial consensus is to press on with the testing, the way i see it, the OR is another way to access the many programs and data in their database, so in fact most of the old code will be the same, rewritten, or will be built in the standard of the older code.

why would the devs build up a huge database and then consider everything 100% useless? they dont.

back on topic thanks EK and the whole crew and i will even go so far as to thank everyone that isnt here today, even if they cant or will not be seeing this my gratitude is out there none the less =)
Old 03-08-2010, 03:44 PM

You guys are AWESOME and we REALLY appreciate your obviosuly VERY hard and dedicated work. The game is awesome as it is now and is just going to get better. Don't let the one or two complainers get ya down. The VAST VAST majority of the community loves what you all are doing exactly the way you are doing it!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Great info Ekaika, keep up the awesome work swgemu staff
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 PM

I gotta say, even with deadlocks, and bugs and glitches and w/e. This game is so much fun, I had not realized how much I missed it till a few days ago. Keep up the good work Devs!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: