SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatuff View Post
Decay is just fine. You cant go "negative" anymore from what I understand.

Its simple.

Old, uber weapons go boom on use (it might take weeks or a month or two).

Loot tables are brought more in line with where they should be (no more sentinel loot drops).

Now its a level playing field. Crafters will be usefull again as crafted items should be comparable to looted items and visa versa.
This is a good thing. Make me feel warm and glowy. Not glow-bat glowy, just happy.

Decay alone is a wonderful constant credit sink. No, not for uber-doopers, but thats not the point.

Last edited by BigEvil; 04-28-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatuff View Post
Decay is just fine. You cant go "negative" anymore from what I understand.

Its simple.

Old, uber weapons go boom on use (it might take weeks or a month or two).

Loot tables are brought more in line with where they should be (no more sentinel loot drops).

Now its a level playing field. Crafters will be usefull again as crafted items should be comparable to looted items and visa versa.
I hope this is true.

Thanks Crush... I think thats all we wanted to hear. A more specific reason. Now if we can get off the devs backs and let them get on with things with our support Crush has mentioned 5 months. Thats not a fixed term but it certainly more info than we had.

C'mon people, the startpost clearly tells us they did not have any idea it would create this amount of hysteria. They clearly state this was not the intention. They saw this poll was deviding the community. The poll created uncertanty with the players.
All the comments made them see that a wipe wouldnt be benficial for us, it is a radical change, and as we all know, radical changed can be devestating (see CU / NGE). The moment they saw this, they Veto-ed the poll, A wise descision in my opinion.

Let us not forget what they gave / are giving us back. I fully support their descission.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM

Its really simple.

The blue frogs cause A LOT of issues and do more harm than good. The "final" poll should have had 3-4 options.

Option 1 - I am for a wipe

Option 2 - I am against a wipe

Option 3 - I do not care one way or the other

It should have been explained in further detail.

Option 1

A wipe would be all inclusive. The servers would be brought back up , no blue frogs, with a new but similar jedi unlock system. Loot tables will be fixed to be more like the original version (no lvl 3522 sentinels). Crafters will be useful again.

Option 2

Servers wont be wiped, but we will fix the loot tables, delete all credits and items.

Option 3

No need for explaination.

Sure the above could be worded by a professional, but thats the choices that should be given. No wipe of anything at all = players will slowly quit playing and their goes the testing and community built up. When the OR hits, the community will have little trust because people's word isnt kept.

Thats how I see it playing out if something isnt done, which quite frankly, dont think it will be. Thats the developers progavtive though. Everyone does need to remember that they owe us NOTHING.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 AM

Good to hear that is fixed too ... prices will prob go through the roof on trade forums once everyone figures out

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 AM

cRush could we get an official announcement post telling us about the new loot tables? I'm interested.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 View Post
cRush could we get an official announcement post telling us about the new loot tables? I'm interested.
Crack man, some people do work lol. These developers do have jobs for the most part lol.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 View Post
And it would be good to get something official about the decay also.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Or an update on LPE. I'm very curious
Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 AM

Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
I still think you are well within your bounds and rights as developers to do what needs to be done for a better end-result. Whatever that is, I support you.

PS any reason i'm getting a,

"Bad Password: Either you have mistyped your password or this account is already in use." message? My husband gets it also on his computer when he tried to log on just now.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
I still think you are well within your bounds and rights as developers to do what needs to be done for a better end-result. Whatever that is, I support you.

PS any reason i'm getting a,

"Bad Password: Either you have mistyped your password or this account is already in use." message? My husband gets it also on his computer when he tried to log on just now.
There is a post in the Nova Discussion Forums. There was a deadlock and now the login servers are down. This is why you are getting the "bad password" error.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:18 AM

What's funny to me is that the people who got the most angry about the possibility of a wipe are the ones who try to "win" SWG - an open-ended un-winable sandbox.

Well, perhaps they'll be satisfied with the fact that they won the wipe war. I doubt this will sate them, but I can dream...
Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbinky View Post
What's funny to me is that the people who got the most angry about the possibility of a wipe are the ones who try to "win" SWG - an open-ended un-winable sandbox.

Well, perhaps they'll be satisfied with the fact that they won the wipe war. I doubt this will sate them, but I can dream...
I'm sorry but if you think an mmorpg can't be won, then you just don't know your mmo history and the story of Fansy the Famous.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php
Old 04-28-2010, 09:29 AM

I really think have the nerd raging here is by kids that didnt even play pre-cu swg. Maybe when they were 9-10 years old. Everyone I see is 14-16 years old in game. You can tell by the way they type and carry on. They are here simply playing a free game.

This is going to hurt the people that loved swg pre-cu in the long run. All these people crying and bashing could potentially make the developers say "**** you, go play the nge". Its unlikely, but I know it can make them not want to work on it at all or lose motivation.

If all you whiners want to have to pay $15 for a sub par, ruined game and a **** community (well from the bashing it seems the **** community has arrived here as well), then keep bashing.
Closed Thread