SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 09:10 PM

No I don't believe we can, and on top of that, I was booted from the server earlier for no reason and I haven't been able to log in since.
Then answer this, are you just going to sit back and wait for someone else to defeat Brittania? Who? You think if you think if you wait, some day the right chance will just come? Don't be naive! If we don't stand up and do it ourselves that someday will never come!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 PM

I can't log in either...
Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavin View Post
No I don't believe we can, and on top of that, I was booted from the server earlier for no reason and I haven't been able to log in since.
I've had this happen a few times, but it's been during a weekend when the queue is heavy anyway, or during prime time. If it happens at 4am though, and server isn't down, maybe I can pull some logs
Old 09-28-2009, 09:18 PM

Unable to Connect

This is very strange! Able to login and get to the character screen. After selecting the character to log in......A Mustafar log in screen appears with the green bars that fill counterclockwise like in the swg NGE connection screen. Even with less than 200 people logged into TC am unable to make a connection to have my character load into the game.

Is this normal? Have been trying for a few days to log in but not working at all!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
I'm curious. One time I was sitting and waiting, I believe I had gotten my timed out message. Yet, not long after the message popped I loaded in anyway.

Anyone confirm that you remain in the queue even after the timeout occurs?
Sure hope not... lol

*edit*

LOL, I can confirm this. Waited again for about 15 minutes, I had it on in the background as I was watching something on Youtube, when I heard the sounds of tatooine replace the swg music.. so i go back to the load screen, there is a message that my connection has timed out, however the game was loading!! Now I am in game...however, I have to go to bed soon for work.. so someone will get my place when I log out in half an hour lol

TC Nova characters
Shilo Trutta Master Doctor
Quequag Master Rifleman, Master Swordsman, Medic 113x

Last edited by shilo; 09-28-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM

Unable to Connect

Forgot to mention this strange Mustafar connection screen is one I have never even seen in the SWG NGE or pre NGE game! This screen appears on two different computers when trying to log into the SwgEMu. This screen perhaps has something do with some HIDDEN JEDI?SITH content (hint) as the connection screen is titled:

"THE WEAK DESERVE THEIR FATE."

HERE IS THE TEXT OF THIS CONNECTION SCREEN:

Dust gathered in the corners of his mouth, around his wounds, as he stole a final glance at the burning sun of this unforgiving world. He could hear the footsteps of his enemy behind him, and the low hum of a weapon she wielded. It was at this moment he realized the mistake he made in taking this particular bounty. Arrogance. It had been his undoing.

On his knees, he turned his head to stare into the eyes of his enemy, knowing what was to happen next. It was inevitable, and out in the middle of no where, there was one who could save him.

He glanced into the eyes of his enemy, saw the dead look in here yellow eyes, and the twisted features in her face. Unforgiving, and without mercy. He tried to speak, but as he opened his mouth, he was only rewarded with a boot to the corner of his face.

Dazed, he turned to look up once more at the sky, and at his final moment, his enemy spoke. A simple sentence, yet, one which clearly decided what was to happen next.

"The weak deserve their fate."

This is very strange, as this screen has never appeared in the SWG NGE or pre NGE game. And the logo in the picuture of Mustafar on this connection screen says: SWGEMU - Relieve the Saga. This must be a hidden connection screen that isn't normally supposed to appear, or is slated to appear at some later development point in the game, yet somehow I'm seeing this strange and crytic JEDI/SITH content (hint screen). I forsee a great disturbance in the FORCE.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforcepowerrs View Post
Forgot to mention this strange Mustafar connection screen is one I have never even seen in the SWG NGE or pre NGE game! This screen appears on two different computers when trying to log into the SwgEMu. This screen perhaps has something do with some HIDDEN JEDI?SITH content (hint) as the connection screen is titled:

Dust gathered in the corners of his mouth, around his wounds, as he stole a final glance at the burning sun of this unforgiving world. He could hear the footsteps of his enemy behind him, and the low hum of a weapon she wielded. It was at this moment he realized the mistake he made in taking this particular bounty. Arrogance. It had been his undoing.

On his knees, he turned his head to stare into the eyes of his enemy, knowing what was to happen next. It was inevitable, and out in the middle of no where, there was one who could save him.

He glanced into the eyes of his enemy, saw the dead look in here yellow eyes, and the twisted features in her face. Unforgiving, and without mercy. He tried to speak, but as he opened his mouth, he was only rewarded with a boot to the corner of his face.

Dazed, he turned to look up once more at the sky, and at his final moment, his enemy spoke. A simple sentence, yet, one which clearly decided what was to happen next.

This is very strange, as this screen has never appeared in the SWG NGE or pre NGE game. And the logo in the picuture of Mustafar on this connection screen says: SWGEMU - Relieve the Saga. This must be a hidden connection screen that isn't normally supposed to appear, or is slated to appear at some later development point in the game, yet somehow I'm seeing this strange and crytic JEDI/SITH content (hint screen). I forsee a great disturbance in the FORCE.
Hmm, you could be reading into it too much. I think it's just another of those entertaining stories you read while you wait for the game to finish loading. But good find, I wonder...
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30621
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM

I can't connect

Was finally able to log into SwgEmu. However, for 2 days was bugged with that stange Mustafar connection screen. The original post was not a troll....simply posting info for ineterest by anyone who cares.....

unlocked a Jedi slot way before NGE came along, so hardly a noob, as have played SWG since launch in 2003.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Was finally able to log into SwgEmu. However, for 2 days was bugged with that stange Mustafar connection screen. The original post was not a troll....simply posting info for ineterest by anyone who cares.....

unlocked a Jedi slot way before NGE came along, so hardly a noob, as have played SWG since launch in 2003.
Dark, follow that link in the post above yours. That story/backscreen was created by one of our own community as part of a little competition.

Current Characters: Mara Mou (Commando); Guryon Gearmaker (M-Artisan/Armoursmith/Tailor); Delicious (TKA/Ranger/CH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aire0n View Post
Yep I have a legit copy as well. I can take a screenshot of me holding the cd case and the cds if you want rofl.
Simple Guide for Newbies to Pre-CU
Old 09-29-2009, 03:29 AM

Damn, server just go down? I was 3k unarmed xp from Smuggler =( Oh well, tomorrow I guess.

[edit] Erm, nm, one of those weird things where I was disconnected for no reason. Didn't get kicked out of Vent, so don't think it was network, hmm
Old 09-29-2009, 08:41 AM

This stuff will continue to happen as long as a huge influx of people want to play, with a limited pipeline for people to go through. Testing is the objective, not necessarily to game, hence just relax and take it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnrue View Post
if anyone should have VIP access it should be the donaters, which would give more people a reason to donate. i recently started playing about 2 weeks ago..at least for the first time in a year or so. any no i havnt donated, i would love to be able to throw a couple bucks but i dont have a paypal and money is short in this sucky economy. It seem every weekend for the couple weeks i been playing its been like this though. it'll slack up during the week.
Meh.... As a donater, I don't donate to get VIP access, its not needed on a test server. Even on Suncrusher I don't think it would be needed at all. Making donaters above everyone else in my opinion isn't beneficial because a disparity is henceforth created. I make the donation to the cause that SWGemu is on, not for the actual game itself. I waited all day today to test and have had a chance to craft around a bit in the evening, doesn't bother me a bit if I wasn't able to before. What I can take to the bank that if it meant some other good ol' chap was able to go and have alot of fun testing his blaster and found out it had some glitch and reported it, then it was well worth the waiting
Old 09-29-2009, 09:22 AM

Well what's even more frustrating is the craracter creation process. By the time there's an open spot you finally get into creation, but then when you want to connect, it's either offline or too crowded and you just sit there thinking, what can it be. Going in the character creation process for the 15th time is quite annoying.

But sure,Wen Talross, we'll relax. I'll throw a party. and who knows, some day.

:-D
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM

im just curious, maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but ..

how often is the server going down per day, is there any particular scedule? or is it just goin down when it "needs" to be rebooted? cuz strangely almost everytime i log in after a short period of time it says "server shutting down in 30 seconds",... i guess im just having bad luck on this,...

edit:
atm the login server appears to be offline too
Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 AM

No, no schedule... just whenever there's a problem, fix, addition, tweak ready, etc...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: