SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
  #1141  
Old 09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Pake Pake is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooop View Post
If I remember correctly. Droids didn't have anything to do with CH. Anyone could have a droid there all had different mods, Medical, Crafting, battle, storage. Some were use for advertising move bill boards (spamming at all the star ports) . The big ones were storage droids Data pads full of pets, Probot (battle droids) with the nice armor when they first came out great for leveling and a shield. Last but not least were the medical bots. I sure there were others.
True, though droid functions work similar as to CH.
  #1142  
Old 09-13-2008, 12:36 PM
judahslion7 judahslion7 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmedleyXXX View Post
droids come under creature handling/pets
Sorry John but you are wrong. I played MCH (Master Creature Handler) for years. I had the game since 6/03 and CH was the first elite profession I masterd and never droped it. (and I played the game everyday) . Droids never had anything to do with CH. Anyone could use Droids. And no... No Droid Master Profession PLEASE!
  #1143  
Old 09-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Kyrm347 Kyrm347 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by judahslion7 View Post
.... And no... No Droid Master Profession PLEASE!
why? some like creatures, some like droids..where's the problem?

droids are as much a part of SW as creatures, to leave either out in SWGEmu would not do SW justice.
__________________

  #1144  
Old 09-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Kayliaah Kayliaah is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mos Paris
Posts: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by judahslion7 View Post
And no... No Droid Master Profession PLEASE!
I have an idea, if you don't want it, don't play it

Astromech, Protocol, Bounty Hunter... It's not even surprising, they act on their own.
__________________

Last edited by Kayliaah; 09-13-2008 at 05:31 PM.
  #1145  
Old 09-13-2008, 07:16 PM
metalhomicide metalhomicide is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by judahslion7 View Post
Sorry John but you are wrong. I played MCH (Master Creature Handler) for years. I had the game since 6/03 and CH was the first elite profession I masterd and never droped it. (and I played the game everyday) . Droids never had anything to do with CH. Anyone could use Droids. And no... No Droid Master Profession PLEASE!
Actually Droids have a lot to do with Creature Handler. Gameplay-wise, they're very similar. Both follow you around, you can give both commands, you can set way points for both, and both are stored in your datapad. There's only a few differences; You can't ride droids, you can't give pets special modules, droids can't do tricks.

Droid Engineer is closer to BE than CH, but code-wise... Droids are basically the same as pets, therefore it's safe to assume that they'll be done when pets are done.

You should try thinking of the inner-workings of each concept instead of just what's different.
__________________

~June 20th, 2008~

The FEW, the PROUD, the TROLLS.

Last edited by metalhomicide; 09-13-2008 at 07:31 PM.
  #1146  
Old 09-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Bowen McCloud Bowen McCloud is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 85
so as of the last update which is posted 7/13/08 the game is at 81.4% complete... yes, because i've got that much spare that I was I able to add them up and figure that out...

Have a good one ; )
__________________
Experiance through time-SWG VET-Launch through CU

Because every flame wars ends up in a battle of spelling ... [Profanity removed. Please do not try to evade the filter. -PL-]
  #1147  
Old 09-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Arsonist Arsonist is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 177
I think this needs to be updated.
__________________
one in a million
one and the same
one empty chamber
one less to blame


  #1148  
Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Seaseme Seaseme is offline
Seaseman
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 857
working on it
__________________
  #1149  
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Xiphoid Xiphoid is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen McCloud View Post
so as of the last update which is posted 7/13/08 the game is at 81.4% complete...
Geez, didn't notice it was that far complete, you have to realize bugs too that occur while implementing new features, but still that's pretty far. Thanks for doing the math!
__________________
  #1150  
Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 AM
L'aasin L'aasin is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen McCloud View Post
so as of the last update which is posted 7/13/08 the game is at 81.4% complete... yes, because i've got that much spare that I was I able to add them up and figure that out...

Have a good one ; )

I'd have to guess, judging by the state of the current TC, that this figure would be a bit misleading.
__________________

In memory of:
l'Aasin Pietje (Master Shipwright, Master Armorsmith, Alliance Master Pilot, CEO of A'n'A Industries, and Mayor of the great cities of Ja Xerad & New Ja Xerad) {Server: Radiant}

Wyylk (Fully Templated Jedi, Ugly bastard & SWG Shen CO) {Server: Radiant}

  #1151  
Old 09-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Arsonist Arsonist is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 177
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
working on it
Can't wait!
__________________
one in a million
one and the same
one empty chamber
one less to blame


  #1152  
Old 09-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Sinner-SF Sinner-SF is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 40
not if you follow the 80/20 rule...
__________________
If you kill a man ... you're a murderer,
kill many ... you're a conqueror,
Kill them all .... you're a god.
  #1153  
Old 09-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Hajpoj Hajpoj is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14
Are we wat Defcon 4 yet? 5 being jedi-power-battles time?
  #1154  
Old 09-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Nightshade Nightshade is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhomicide View Post
Actually Droids have a lot to do with Creature Handler. Gameplay-wise, they're very similar. Both follow you around, you can give both commands, you can set way points for both, and both are stored in your datapad. There's only a few differences; You can't ride droids, you can't give pets special modules, droids can't do tricks.

Droid Engineer is closer to BE than CH, but code-wise... Droids are basically the same as pets, therefore it's safe to assume that they'll be done when pets are done.

You should try thinking of the inner-workings of each concept instead of just what's different.
I had a few that did tricks....they'd follow Jedi around them go BOOM!!!
  #1155  
Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Seaseme Seaseme is offline
Seaseman
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 857
sorry folks, i'm working on a revision on this thing and it's taking me longer. Going to expand it to include profession progress, and some other new topics.
__________________
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.