SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karde View Post
No.. Why? Cheaters always find a way. a Wipe would only hinder them for some weeks and then it would start over, thus only ****ing people over who Grinded Doctor/armor/weaponsmith etc. like Mahonra said...

The Best Solution in this case would be to ignore it. Cheaters always will be there and nothing will stop them forever.

@Tonkatuff : A 2xxx-5xxx Legendary t21 would oneshot you...6 times over :P
Did you play back in the day? There was no such thing as a 2k+ T21. The very rare / few legendary T21s / Phammers back in the day were 1.4kish tops. The dots were killer on them. Every weapon you see now is legendary quality. A weapon off a sentinel (with a good luck roll) is TONS better than the legendarys off of DJM / Ancient Krayts. It shouldnt be that way period.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
I must say that something telling for me...is that a large number of "wipe" advocates not only have caveats but also are advocating "fast easy ways to master a profession" (i.e. blue frogs) "just to start". Yet after a bit of time we know the frogs would go away, thus screwing over anyone who came after the frog time. I almost have to wonder if a main motivation some people's desire for a wipe is to be able to GET the blue frogs so they don't have to grind to get a profession, thus being all "set up" with minimal effort to become the next "uberleets" on the server. Hmmmm...
Considering half the people voting for frogs have a fully grounded out jedi...

PvP was awesome when the frogs where in. That's why i want them back. It's dead atm.
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

I love how this thread proved my point form the previous "Wipe" thread.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...

Had to vote no on a wipe now. Wait for the OR then wipe it all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatuff View Post
Its all pointless anyways. I mean eventually they are wiped regardless for OR. OR Alpha, OR Beta, Sun Crusher implementation. Everything you are doing now is pointless if you want to look at it that way.

I feel an weapon / armor wipe is vastly needed along with fixed (lowered) loot tables. No more sentinel lvl loot period. I have a Power hammer sliced 2.1k. Are you serious?

As a Jedi, I was fully mind buffed and fooded and got 1 shotted by a T21. I have +25 saber block, +25 ranged Def , and I also have 0400 in the ranged defense tree. How in the WORLD should/could I get one shotted?

The items are out of hand and as this is a TEST CENTER, they need to be FIXED since they have been extensively tested and are NOT where they are supposed to be.

You could have +100 in SB tapes and your SB would still only be +90 total.

Ranged defense only decreases the chance for a successful hit. Even with 0400 Defender and your +25 Ranged Defense tape, you STILL have less than 100 total ranged defense. Which is worthless against the 200+ accuracy of a master carbine / MBH, or the 200+ accuracy of a master rifleman.

sig by yaki

Wipe - Yes

Blue Frogs - No

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 View Post
FROGS!

But the frogs should only give you skills... let the crafters make everything else
why it wont stop me from trying to make the servers best crafted item, if your a crafter, you will craft end off.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMe View Post
Let me throw a statistic in here, all the jedis and credit dupers are voting no, everyone else is voting yes.

Anyone disagree?
Me and my friend both have full temp Jedi's and we voted yes.... to a full wipe. The game , be it test center or otherwise is REALLY out of balance. It needs to be fixed. I can see them **** canning all gear , but not wiping the characters, which is probably the best thing.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
And what about people who have:

Master Rifleman
Master Swordsman
Master Doc
Master Ranger
Master WS.

Its not a JOKE to have to regrind 6 alts. I personally only have Mahonra and Tigarra. But I know a LOT of people with at least 6 or more alts.
There are people with a dozen full template alts, I know quite a few myself included.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
I must say that something telling for me...is that a large number of "wipe" advocates not only have caveats but also are advocating "fast easy ways to master a profession" (i.e. blue frogs) "just to start". Yet after a bit of time we know the frogs would go away, thus screwing over anyone who came after the frog time. I almost have to wonder if a main motivation some people's desire for a wipe is to be able to GET the blue frogs so they don't have to grind to get a profession, thus being all "set up" with minimal effort to become the next "uberleets" on the server. Hmmmm...

Granted, this isn't an accusation or anything, just noticing an interesting correlation between those who are wanting the wipe and those advocating blue frogs.
Hey! I have a full template Jedi AND a Master Bounty Hunter. Both of which are the hardest and longest grinds of all professions. So trust me I am not advocating BLUE FROGS as a means of a "fast and easy" way.

And I think BLUE FROGS should remain in game until the OR. But they shouldn't give items. Only skills.

sig by yaki

Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post
dude on the last test centre there was wipes every week and sometimes days, but you just went out and got new resources. you get used to it.
I know, I've done it a fair few times, and I still don't mind doing it.

TC-Nova characters
Dheco Lightsky - Master Swordsman
Khira - Master Doctor/Dancer
Azrazel - Master ID/Tailor
Ylesa - TK/Ranger
Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatuff View Post
Me and my friend both have full temp Jedi's and we voted yes.... to a full wipe. The game , be it test center or otherwise is REALLY out of balance. It needs to be fixed. I can see them **** canning all gear , but not wiping the characters, which is probably the best thing.
I was wrong yah!

Yah its a test server, the quality of the game for me I feel is the most important of it.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 AM

Yes, I vote to wipe the bastard..........how bad could it be........gonna have to do it one day anyways.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 AM

Vote NO

I voted no for a character wipe.. If you want to wipe items fine if not.. I'll be mad about losing my Master CM and Pistoleer (which I just got mastered).

I do plan on jumping to the OR because I don't like playing on Test Servers. But SWG is back in its full glory.. Thank you for your hard work.. If I have to start over to make things better fine.. I just won't like it, but I'll do it.

I hate exploiters / dupers... they ruin everything for us all...

If you do the wipe can you fix the following to:
Get the MOB to full size again.. Hate killing Torturs smaller then my knee..
Fix the Harvestors also.. I am missing 7 atm..
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus In Machina View Post
I vote Yes, do Wipe TC. Please. Fix exploits, etc. This is a TC anyway, and it will be wiped one day or another, so might as well wipe now and start over with a clean server, until the OR hits.
/agree
I vote yes. Since the beginning we knew that this server would be wiped. If that can fix any problems, do it please !
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: