SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:40 PM

Excellent post Megatron, very well put.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Services Manager

Quote:
Problem #2: People on SWGEMU's community/team anger ANH supporters.

Solution: get a better moderating staff and ban overly agressive people. or simply throw out the forum alltogether.
I believe the moderating staff is doing a wonderful job as it is; with all the new moderators, things have been very quiet on the forums.
As for the bannings, this is precisely what we wish to avoid. We've been trying to keep the number of bannings down, as they have a tenancy to cause outcry among the community. I'd rather not have ban-happy mods, and I'm sure most everyone agrees with me.
And, banning people really isn't necessary. The community has recently become exponentially more helpful and friendly than before. The only exception is on the IRC; that place is always a hive of scum and villainy.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
I believe the moderating staff is doing a wonderful job as it is; with all the new moderators, things have been very quiet on the forums.
As for the bannings, this is precisely what we wish to avoid. We've been trying to keep the number of bannings down, as they have a tenancy to cause outcry among the community. I'd rather not have ban-happy mods, and I'm sure most everyone agrees with me.
And, banning people really isn't necessary. The community has recently become exponentially more helpful and friendly than before. The only exception is on the IRC; that place is always a hive of scum and villainy.
Rename #swgemu to #moseisley

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 06-13-2008, 07:33 PM

We also need to remember how the old SWGEmu forums were before the schism that saw the departure of Xeno and the others. The current forum dwellers, moderators and devs have brought the quality of the community up quite a bit. While we still have agitators and flamers, they are small in numbers and easily dismissed.

I think the quality of SWGEmu's forums is pretty high compared to two years ago.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentkaa View Post
No, no, no... you can't do that. Phantom only said #SWGEMU IRC was a HIVE of scum and villainy, not a WRETCHED hive of scum and villainy.

PROFESSION REPRESENTIVE
Knowledge Base: Scout, Bounty Hunter, Creature Handler

Bria (retired January 2006): Iakimo Wioga, Brannix Bayne, Jantszyn Tyridius
TC3: Braxxis Bayne, Bounty Hunter Dude ~ Hakimo, Wookiee Creature Handler-in-waiting

Old 06-13-2008, 09:32 PM

well I still believe it should be taken into acount that the SWGEmu team extended a olive branch... also ppl should know that im really hungry and bored.. so i have resorted to writting here in hopes i will be fed soon.
but most importantly I feel a change in the force... the Emu shall soon be done!

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentkaa View Post
Best idea ever.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakimo View Post
No, no, no... you can't do that. Phantom only said #SWGEMU IRC was a HIVE of scum and villainy, not a WRETCHED hive of scum and villainy.
LOL. Well that is a matter of opinion and what you define wretched as. There have been a few conversation in that room that could be classified as wretched attempts at looking cool, be cool or act cool.

IMO, those conversations are often rank lower on the scale of FAIL than any posting on the forums.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 06-14-2008, 11:26 AM

I was bit pissed off at the time, a few people on the forum left and some stuff ANH was doing just started to get on my nerves.

I snapped and went on an angry posting spree. Not very smart but I had just flown in fromn florida with 4 hours of sleep for the entire day.

forget everything I said
Old 06-14-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
People need to thicken their skins.

This is SWG, one of the most competitive MMO's to ever hit the Market.

I'm happy enough with TrueGalaxies and SWGEmu being okay with eachother now.

Will ANH and Emu team up to finish Pre-CU? I don't know, quite frankly, I couldn't care less. The rate of progress is staggering lately, that it really doesn't matter who "wins" anymore. It was never a competition for the Staff from my point of view, the Community made the largest problems out of this by thinking they can speak for the Staff. (Just my opinion).

I don't think SWGEmu need to change anymore than they already have done. It's an amazing team, the Community... well... expect flamers. It's a very large competitive game. The Moderator Team do an amazing job at keeping the majority of it off the boards, believe me.

If ANH had a Public TestCenter, and a Public Forum that is easily accessible, they'd have just as much Flaming and Drama on their boards.

It's not a problem, it's actually a good thing from where I'm standing.. it just goes to show everyones edging to play the game and get this competition going again.

If ANH Supporters get angry with the SWGEmu team... so what? They're just proving that the Staff / Teams "issues" (that are gone) is more important to them, than Pre-CU. I'd rather not have players like that, but thats just me. Don't like what you see, don't read it. You don't have to sift through flames to see the Updates You open it all by your choice.

If you think back, this Forum is incredibly tame compared to the Flame/Bashing sessions we all had Pre-CU on the SOE Forums. Remember the inter-server wars? C'mon, some classics happened.

I'm sorry, but I agree with very little of what you've said.

Hey it's cool. I've never came here much and really it wasn't my place to comment on you guys. it's the internet, once you become anonymous you decide to do stupid things. There are a few people here that I can say behave poorly but with a populated forum you are going to get people like that.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Red_X View Post
I was bit pissed off at the time, a few people on the forum left and some stuff ANH was doing just started to get on my nerves.

I snapped and went on an angry posting spree. Not very smart but I had just flown in fromn florida with 4 hours of sleep for the entire day.

forget everything I said
No need to sweat it. Like the man said, its a forum and thus entitled to its fair share of opinions, drama and passion for the restoration of our game. And like the theme of the thread - you have made your peace with your last posts. No reason for anything to be held against you with those two points.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:42 PM

For all the years I watched SWGEMU, I never thought that a change of attitude would ever occur. But it did and... it has inspired me, gladdened me..

A year ago, I could barely dare to say anything in fear that Ultyma would lash out and drop banhammer on me. Appearently Ultyma has left (as I cant see him anywhere now) and to be honest, it's a good thing: He was nothing more than an egoistic bully who only enjoyed to be pissed and hate people. I shouldn't be posting this, but this is what I thought of him after seeing his posts for all these years. I kinda left the forums for a while, only popping in now and then to check on things.

I was thinking that the team wouldn't change, but I was proven wrong by seeing this inspiring post today and I am so happy to see how the team is focusing on finishing the SWGEMU, but not in a fit of race: But to complete it 100%. Also the change of attitude, a more friendlier one, also fills me with joy. I am more than willing to come back to help out testing in whatever way I can. Tomorrow I will get my computer hooked up again and reinstall SWG EMU once more.

Kyle.. Your words are of truth. We cannot bicker amongst ourselves, not make enemies. We must unite and that is truth, nothing less. By showing friendlyness, we may be able to finish things without risking another splintering. And this time there is no race to finish this game, this time, the pace of a true masterpiece has begun.

Last edited by Sakyo; 06-16-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Minor typo
Old 06-17-2008, 01:49 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakyo View Post
For all the years I watched SWGEMU, I never thought that a change of attitude would ever occur. But it did and... it has inspired me, gladdened me..

A year ago, I could barely dare to say anything in fear that Ultyma would lash out and drop banhammer on me. Appearently Ultyma has left (as I cant see him anywhere now) and to be honest, it's a good thing: He was nothing more than an egoistic bully who only enjoyed to be pissed and hate people. I shouldn't be posting this, but this is what I thought of him after seeing his posts for all these years. I kinda left the forums for a while, only popping in now and then to check on things.

I was thinking that the team wouldn't change, but I was proven wrong by seeing this inspiring post today and I am so happy to see how the team is focusing on finishing the SWGEMU, but not in a fit of race: But to complete it 100%. Also the change of attitude, a more friendlier one, also fills me with joy. I am more than willing to come back to help out testing in whatever way I can. Tomorrow I will get my computer hooked up again and reinstall SWG EMU once more.

Kyle.. Your words are of truth. We cannot bicker amongst ourselves, not make enemies. We must unite and that is truth, nothing less. By showing friendlyness, we may be able to finish things without risking another splintering. And this time there is no race to finish this game, this time, the pace of a true masterpiece has begun.
No one left. Everyone just grew up and changed for the better.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 06-17-2008, 01:08 PM

**** ( delete this post for me please =D internet is being stupid )

SWGEmu Encourges The"Less QQ More Pew Pew"Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
DO proceed to eat cookies and drink milk. Statistically 83.77% of players are able to deal with 'DB Shock' (TM) better after a serving of milk and cookies.
| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | SWGEmu Client Setup Guide | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums | |
Old 06-17-2008, 01:09 PM

well after reading this makes me want to apologize to everybody for me being such an idiot. I am sorry I annoy half you guys I wont do it anymore.
sorry I ***** about things. sorry for everything. so hope you guys accept my apology.

REPENTANCE IS THE WAY

( just had to add that )

SWGEmu Encourges The"Less QQ More Pew Pew"Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
DO proceed to eat cookies and drink milk. Statistically 83.77% of players are able to deal with 'DB Shock' (TM) better after a serving of milk and cookies.
| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | SWGEmu Client Setup Guide | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums | |
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: