SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 10:11 PM

SO is SunCrusher going to be 14.1 or a variation?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:17 AM

Hey thanks for the log. This clears up a lot about what's going on. Quite helpful.

I would've logged on myself, but the only question I had was whether it's currently worth it for a casual player (say 10 or so hours/week) to focus on unlocking and leveling Jedi with the impending OR submission. That seemed a bit too close to an ETA question for me to dare put it out though.

Thanks again!
Poocho
Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 AM

/deepbow devs
Thanks again for your hard work.
I keep the fingers crossed for you that OR will hit the TC before christmas :-)
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 AM

Good read!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:06 AM

patch 14.1 JTL

my only question is wether or not we may eventualy see jump to lightspeed implemented in the final EMU. i can not remeber if JTL was implemented prior to or after 14.1 i no it hapened right befor the combat upgrade and way before rage of the wookie and the NGE.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 AM

Thanks guys, Keep up the good work

IRC - Irn-Bru

IGN - Bovun Shesh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-09-2009, 03:58 AM

Thanks for the info and hard work on the OR Devs & team

//RJ

Thanks Arsonist for the sig!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 PM

thanks for the post, very informative. cant wait to try the OR release
Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 PM

Excellent dev chat, and the BEST description of the OR to date.

makes me wonder why SOE never did an 'OR' of their code as opposed to the hack and slash of the NGE. It would seem to indicate that by the time of the NGE, the remaining devs had no idea how to deal with the preNGE code.

Here the SWGEmu devs are showing a LOT of foresight by make sure their code is not only optimized, but readable as well so that future Emu devs won't need to rewrite everything.

Good job (and better than most SOE dev chats I have seen!)
Old 11-10-2009, 08:18 AM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
<torbersane> when the OR is complete will that allow for easier implementations of custom content? Will any options of custom content be done as modular so that one server could have a miner profession and say another server decided that it wants to be only pre cu 14.1?

<@bobius> Yes! A "Feature Manager" is in the works so that it will allow quick toggling of custom content

<skitch> will the OR give the ability to add new races as playable?'

<@cRush> Many modifications like new professions will require client modifications as well as server side modifications.

<@bobius> No, this is another thing that will require client size modifications. We do not currently endorce modifying the client.
<@cRush> Anything modifying the client will not be hosted, nor distributed via SWGEmu networks.

<kraken666> will we see any customer artwork in the form of transports, armor, housing, clothes, or any other player or dev generated items?

<@bobius> Adding new types of armor, buildings, clothes, or anything like that would require client modifications.
<@bobius> However, quests and events do not. We will make it possible for the community to create new quests and live events.
<@cRush> Anything involving new graphical artwork that isn't already in game is a client mod.
<@cRush> Reusing the same graphical artwork to create a "new" item is doable.
Why is there a Client Development Team Then?
Shouldn't they be moved into different Sector's since what they are technically doing something that is not going be related in anyway to the SWGEmu Networks.

Also

"Reusing the same graphical artwork to create a new item is doable" that is classed as a client mod as well (Just wanted to add that onto the end of "doable")

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
Shouldn't they be moved into different Sector's since what they are technically doing something that is not going be related in anyway to the SWGEmu Networks.

Also

"Reusing the same graphical artwork to create a new item is doable" that is classed as a client mod as well (Just wanted to add that onto the end of "doable")

Wow a miracle, you're back.
And that's how I felt when I read this, all this content that has been created over the years will be pretty much useless lol, what a waste it's sad.
If at least, some things are released, perhaps they will be added on other servers, just hope they're stable and ran by serious people...
Old 11-13-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post

Also

I would like to know this as well. It does seem to be in conflict with previous statements on the subject.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Retired Game Master

I am drafting a statement to go up with the B-Weekly. SWGEmu does not endorse client modifications. Please check out the bi-weekly for a complete policy.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 11-15-2009, 05:49 AM

<@bobius> When our powers combine, we'll be more powerful than Captain Planet
<@cRush> ^

I lol'd so hard

GigaBash or GigaBush ! Thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 12:55 PM

About BerkeleyDB, I read something about restrictions (don't remember where).
But the actual extension used is not really compatible with PHP (for PCP project).

Why choose this extension (*.db if I remember well) instead of another BerkeleyDB extension (*.dba for example), better compatible with PHP ?

Sorry, I'm not sure about what I'm writing, it is only a question, but instead of BerkeleyDB, you could choose something like Google or Amazon DB.

Well, why choose BerkeleyDB, and the extension used ?
Closed Thread