SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayden Maverick View Post
By not wiping, they're forcing to prolong the final development of Suncrusher and releasing the source for other private servers to duplicate Suncrusher and make their own galaxy.
You have that backwards. If they needed to wipe the server to further the project, they'd do so without asking. This was all about people crying about the economy, nothing more. It actually would have taken a couple days to do the wipe. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but still exactly opposite of what you are claiming.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 PM

The server would of only gotten wiped if the yes votes were over 66%. Some people in the community tried to alter the votes by creating numerous accounts. So the Dev's had every right to just drop the poll.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownshoe View Post
The server would of only gotten wiped if the yes votes were over 66%. Some people in the community tried to alter the votes by creating numerous accounts. So the Dev's had every right to just drop the poll.
Except that all facts point to the fraud votes coming in from the no side, and even if not, 66% said yes, which is well past the majority even allowing for a 15% pad. If there was a judgement call to be made, all logic points to erring for wipe rather than no-wipe. This is what the controversy is all about.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 PM

late april fools?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 PM

OK, who was stuffing the ballot boxes? lol

IGNs: Ruledo, Epic Fail, Lewt, Echuta Cino, OMG Buffs and Senator Ruledo
Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Developer
Developer

Did you guys ever stop to think that we were being honest, but we are human, and weren't capable of having perfect foresight thus realized our mistakes after our proposal?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Did you guys ever stop to think that we were being honest, but we are human, and weren't capable of having perfect foresight thus realized our mistakes after our proposal?
Ill give you this man. Unlike SOE you guys actually apologize!! good on you!

TC Nova characters
Shilo Trutta Master Doctor
Quequag Master Rifleman, Master Swordsman, Medic 113x
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Some did and clearly some did not. I thank the staff for even offering up a poll in the first place when they fully have the right to wipe the server every hour if they wish.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
That was actually my first thought.

I naturally assume that when you guys tell us stuff, it's actually the truth. It's easier to assume that than to assume conspiracies everywhere.

/salute;
Old 04-27-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Dev 1(whomever it was that did the first poll): Damn bro....that was alot of crap going on in the poll thread. Did i f it up?
Dev 2(again, whomever): Nah dude, you just weren't specific enough. You see a poll should spell it all out, set some realistically achievable goals by either side and let the people know how we will do it.
Dev 1 : Gotcha!
-----Later that day------
Dev 2: Wow bud! poll looks amazing! spelled it all out, put all the good stuff that people need to know....and LOOK! you put up realistic goals for both sides of the argument! No WAY there's gonna be controversy!
Dev 1 :Thanks bro...i'm pro!
-----Later that day-----
Dev 3 : WTF were you 2 idiots thinking! now there's more controversy than ever!
Dev 4 : Think they'll be pissed if we just scrap the poll and say some cool ****?
Dev 1 : nah
Dev 2 : Nope...people here are clear thinkers.
Dev 3 : hmm....not so sure it'll go over as well as you think. But try it anyway.
Dev 1 : Noone will be pissed, they love us.

Crush.....not sure if it went that way, but i would like to think so because it made me laugh a bit and killed some of my boredome.

in all seriousness tho...WTF were you guys thinking?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpinkpants View Post
in all seriousness tho...WTF were you guys thinking?
They were thinking people would be a bit more mature about the whole situation. Obviously they know better now.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:

I want to take the time to brown nose here. In case my QQing has become too obscene, I want to say thank you thank you thank you for a TC I can play on. I appreciate something real and tangible that I can play and enjoy. And most of all I appreciate the fact that it takes hours/days/weeks/months/years of real people's lives/time to give this to me.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters

Last edited by Sabbathicus; 04-27-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
/salute

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
yes.

Until evidence was brought forward showing how the poll votes were manipulated by a moderator.

Obviously you HONESTLY thought that the poll results would go the other way.

Speaking for myself, the trust is gone.

Last edited by kookaburra; 04-27-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
yes.

Until evidence was brought forward showing how the poll votes were manipulated by a moderator.

Obviously you HONESTLY thought that the poll results would go the other way.

Speaking for myself, the trust is gone.
Sounds like conspiracy theory to me. Show everyone this evidence if you are going to claim such things
Closed Thread