SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:49 AM

Well i guess that answers my question lol. but i dont want to try it cause i really dont want to hear that then i do it and get banned >.>
Old 12-29-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcadar View Post
Well i guess that answers my question lol. but i dont want to try it cause i really dont want to hear that then i do it and get banned >.>
in that cause send a e-mail to that address posted before ans ask.. wost they can say is nope.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 12-29-2009, 03:30 AM

I had a quick question/circumstance regarding this... I travel pretty much all year long, all over the U.S. So therefore, I am always on a different IP week to week, sometimes day to day. Are you saying that I would be banned if I logged in and somebody (i dunno, 6mths ago) created emu account on that particular hotels IP before?

"Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life."
Old 12-29-2009, 04:26 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

I'm not sure how IP thing really works, but from what i "think" i know, yes you would get banned. Two accounts, same IP, one of them gets banned, the newer one i think.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 12-29-2009, 05:04 AM

Well if i can log on two instances of the game on one computer that would make grinding art alot easyer so i dont have to do it for a few hours then make money i can just do bother at once.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 AM

Hey guys, how would I know if my account was banned? Does it tell you when logging in sth. like "Your account has been banned due to blabla..." or would it tell you simply can't login?

I'm getting bad password errors and I wonder - as I logged in 2 days before without problem and now share a IP with my brother - if it is just the login server or my account was banned, in which case I would follow inyri's advice on contacting by email after a account was banned.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:05 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla121 View Post
Hey guys, how would I know if my account was banned? Does it tell you when logging in sth. like "Your account has been banned due to blabla..." or would it tell you simply can't login?

I'm getting bad password errors and I wonder - as I logged in 2 days before without problem and now share a IP with my brother - if it is just the login server or my account was banned, in which case I would follow inyri's advice on contacting by email after a account was banned.
Nah you would get a message that you are banned, and you wouldn't be able to log on to this forum either.

What you are seeing now is a bugged message that appears when the logon server is down. You can check in the news section and see the official report from LD.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 12-30-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla121 View Post

if this was a 10 or so hours ago, the log in server was down
Old 12-30-2009, 09:24 PM

can multiple people play on one account at the same time i mean one plays one toon and anonther plays on a different toon cause if you can't thats the problem some people have siblings who want to play too
Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesco View Post
can multiple people play on one account at a time i mean one plays one toon and anonther plays on a different toon cause if you can't thats the problem some people have siblings who want to play too
One person with one account can currently log 2 instances. Meaning if you want to share your account with your brother or friend you can, but you will be able to log only 1 toon each.

If you both have an account, meaning 2 people two accounts, you would both be able to log on 2 instances, meaning you two 4 toons logged at the same time (2 each).

To be able to log on multiple instances you have to enable it in LPE. Launch LPE go to Options and press button "Toggle" near "Allow Multiple Instances" so that red "False" becomes green "True"

Old 01-07-2010, 07:58 AM

i had 3 accounts at swg. cant we just "buy" new account?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Retired Game Master

No. You can have multiple characters on one account, and for this reason there is no need for multiple accounts which is why we prohibit it.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
No. You can have multiple characters on one account, and for this reason there is no need for multiple accounts which is why we prohibit it.
I have one account, but I'd like for my wife to play at the same time with me.
So can she use our second computer and log in while Im on the first computer? Both computers are on the same 2 wire router.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conard View Post
I have one account, but I'd like for my wife to play at the same time with me.
So can she use our second computer and log in while Im on the first computer? Both computers are on the same 2 wire router.
edit isn't working for me....but I did send an email 2 weeks ago asking if this was alright
no reply yet
Old 01-07-2010, 11:07 AM

Create a second account, it will get banned then you send them an email. Also, staff has been limited for the holiday break so that could be why they haven't responded quickly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: