SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Phase Testing Tasks for 6/23 through 7/07

Task Rundown
  • Caves
  • Trainer Spawns
  • Resource Spawns
  • Crafted Items
-------------------------------------------------------------

Details and Notes

Caves:
Caves and Dungeons are one of the main PvE components of the game, and have been part of SWGEmu for a long time. However, recently we've been getting reports of numerous issues in terms of creature spanws in the various dungeons across the galaxy.
Please visit as many of the different cave/dungeon/base areas as possible and note any issues which arise. This is best done in groups.

Trainer Spawns:
Trainers continue to allude the QA and Developer teams, with a seemingly endless number of trainers spawning on top of each other!
Please, on your travels are the galaxy, take a note of any trainers in strange, incorrect or plain ludicrous positions. Merchant and Artisan trainers often spawn as Siamese twins - note this is not an intended feature. Please report the exact coordinates of each incorrect trainer. The best way to do this is to stand where they are standing exactly, and use the @getLocation command. Copy the result of the command into your bug report.

Resource Spawns:
Resources were fixed on the Test Centre as of 6/23 (thanks Kyle!) so they should now spawn correctly. However, with anything, this requires testing to ensure stability and effectiveness.
Please survey, sample, and harvest as usual for a range of resources in various locations. Resources can normally be resold for a nice profit!

Crafted Items:
Anything that can be crafted needs to be crafted in an effort to re-evaluate where crafting's at right now. The Object Restructure and other major milestones have lead crafting to the proverbial end of the queue, so we need to give it a kick in the pants!
Please craft anything that you feel like and are able to, and report any discrepencies in detail. Please remember that a low quality craft doesn't always mean a bug! Sometimes bad resources and experimentation failure will produce an items with strangely low statistics.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Closing Notes

Almost three weeks into the Object Restructure, and there are a bundle of cool tid bits going on back stage which we'll talk about more when they're closer to a real finished product.

For any questions with regard to bug reports, testing help or anything of the kind, feel free to contact anyone in our Quality Assurance Department. They're often on IRC or the Test Centre during normal (and often not so normal) hours.

Remember there's still an abundance of fun to be had online over the next few weeks. The SWGEmu Summer Kick off Week is in full swing - and we're celebrating the greatest summer of SWGEmu yet with a week packed with events at different times and dates to appeal to everyone from the Briton to the Californian. For more info keep an eye on our Events forum.

If you're interested in forum moderation, or just into the general community here at SWGEmu, remember to consider applying to be a moderator. For more information; click here.

Have fun out there - keep it clean, safe and real.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks for the update Max. What is the cut off day for applictions?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:29 PM

Nice update...great to have some tasks to focus on!

SWGEmu-craft.com - USE IT!

If you are impatiently waiting for the next big update/OR, please READ THIS and be patient!

Wonder what it was like to play during preCU? What all the hype around the old game & how the community was?
Read Rodd & kiddo tell their epic tales of the game that was, and will be again!

...has been Kiddo'd on the SWGEmu forums
Old 06-23-2009, 06:59 PM

<3 To this.

It's great to know that there are truly meaningful areas where testing can still be done, without concern of it just being closed until the OR is completed.

/tar STAFF; /applaud;

/tar Kyle; /bmoc;

/tar ORteam; /worship;

Last edited by corbaer; 06-23-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM

I'm still getting no qual crafting even using resources with qualities. Albeit they are not new spawns they are listed as having stats. Will report later when I got the chance. Also the resource icons do not show up on the tool. A pain in the ass to figure out what resources actually are without unearthing them. Thats the biggest testing problem so far.

Of the resources I have are copper, ore, gas, steel, iron, alum, fiberplast, radioactive etc.
I have everything except polymer and wind/solar.

I'll try to sort out old and new and see if they have differences.

edit - new ones work, old ones dont even if they have numbers

Last edited by RTF671; 06-23-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the update, and list of things to do! Pumped for the Summer festivities to hold me over.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Nice update...great to have some tasks to focus on!
That!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM

Has it really been three weeks? I'm really wondering what's changed so far.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the information, Max. Good stuff to know!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the information!! I shall now be able to craft to my hearts desire, and will notify of any bugs or such.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:18 PM

creature spawns have a couple of bugs I have submited bug reports and will breifly cover them.

It is good that we can now harvest the whole batch of resources bone, hide and meat but I found a few bugs.
when you are in a group of 2 you can both harvest some times 2 times each. Mt soninlaw said even solo he was getting to harvest resources twice.
Also you are able to stack different creature resources and get them all the same "I.E. you can stack nabooan wooly hide with tattoinian scally hide and nabooian leather hide and it winds up all of it being nabooan wolly hide!"
This is also the case with meat and bone!

Be carefull not to ruin your creature resources with good stats by stacking them with poor stats!!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Yeah the stacking bug has been around for a while. I have been finding the highest density and morphing to the highest quality.

Also the sample timer counts backward (you will be able to sample again in -330 seconds 0_o)
Old 06-23-2009, 10:07 PM

I logged in yesterday and had a guy on a macro and it said -1793 or something like that. I find that if I log for a minute or so, it rests my toon and he can sample again.

Best tester for sampling is Master Artisan/Master Doc/Scout 4.1.0.0 (thats what you get when you ask for them in that order)

We have a macro that will place a camp, buff Action and Stamina and then sample for 2h 35min and stand, place a camp, rebuff action and stamina and go back to sampling. I have had several toons sampling for over 20 hours before. If something goes wrong, I look back through the log to see when it happened for reference.

We have 4 laptops, 3 Desktops and two ISPs for testing. I am retired and my 3 kids (17 to 21) who are in college were testers with me in SWG, from Pre CU through part of NGE. They give me a hand between studies and summer vacation.

oh on the issue of harvesting multiple times. We found if you find an area that seems to be a grid line in the map and lead the animal there, you can harvest many times, like as many as 9 times, especially if there is lag going on. With Master Ranger on 3 toons it becomes a massive exploit. Finding that grid line can take 3 players hours to find but once you find it, you can really rack up. We have not reported it yet because we are working on repeating it on other planets.

On the no quality on resources with stats, we found that we can sample resources that have stats. If we craft with them, it lets us experiment, but if we log out for an extended period of time, the new resources still have the stats but they loose all quality recognition. We are wondering if the crappy no stat resources in our inventories were effecting them. So we sampled new, separated the new resources into a backpack. Logged out and logged back in latter and poof (LOL) the items missing bug kicked in and the Jawa issued backpack was gone along with our new resources.

Last edited by Dakkus; 06-23-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:43 PM

All experimental changes are critical failures.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Retired Game Master

Please report bugs that are found to http://swgemu.com/bugs This site requires separate registration from the forums.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: