SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The point here is consistency and credibility. When you implement a policy but opt not to enforce it upon exceptional individuals, the rest of us get mad.
The point here is people are all scrambling for their 30 seconds on the moral soapbox. It's getting old.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmanrc View Post
rubber banding didn't effect you in any way?

And Ashur, don't say you didn't grief anyone. I personally know that you griefed people doing their malichae quest, as we have you on fraps saying "No Malichae for you!" just after you solo'd him on someone else's quest spawn.

What a joke this is. Zero Tolerance LMFAO
1. rubberbanding was allways a part of swgemu TC, they removed it for a while then reinstated it.

2. dont lie, i said "no mellicheae for you" after one of your guys said "run *****" i didnt just up and say it like what you are stating in your post.

3. ive allready talked to the guy that had the mission and apologised to him for it.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:14 PM

Much respect on doing that Ashor. Can you also assure the community that a new Jedi was created for you now by a Dev? Since it's well known a dev helped you change your name after the first controversy. I think the community would feel better knowing you didn't just have a brand new Jedi handed to you after doing this.

Last edited by Mahonra; 10-19-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
The point here is people are all scrambling for their 30 seconds on the moral soapbox. It's getting old.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!
Hahaha, I'm not leaving SWGEmu based on this incident. That would be ridiculous.

Anyway - it's obviously unfair to dismiss all criticism of staff policy as 'soapboxing'. It's an ad hominem argument - even if the intent is questionable, why can't you refute the argument on merit alone?

While I agree that quitting is absurd, what is controversial about asking for equal treatment when it comes to the enforcement of staff policy? Personal pardons are an obvious injustice.

If the staff want their decisions to resonate with the community, they had damn well better enforce them fairly.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
1. rubberbanding was allways a part of swgemu TC, they removed it for a while then reinstated it.

2. dont lie, i said "no mellicheae for you" after one of your guys said "run *****" i didnt just up and say it like what you are stating in your post.

3. ive allready talked to the guy that had the mission and apologised to him for it.
are you dense?
1)rubberbanding is not always part of swgemu, its from trying to stop speed hacking. It was recently implemented.
2)its not the quote that was important. The fact is, that you are out there griefing people slaying "mellicheae" just to delay their jedi quest.
3) Right, if I shoot some one in the face and say sorry, all is well in Ashur world.

Last edited by duffmanrc; 10-19-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Maybe, just maybe, you should get all the facts first?
This is what he was referring to, I along with many others were there and read the live chat as it unfolded. He had his facts straight.

If you were there you know who the **** is .......

[5:22pm]Q-Bostwain:Considering **** was one of the known speedhackers, why was he "banned" temporarily but in fact jsut had his character name changed or given a whole new jedi? If I get warned for something can I have my name changed? I just dont understand why someone can be caught speed hacking while ghosted by a staff member and recieve no punishment...
[5:23pm]Max:i can't discuss individual players or associations
[5:23pm]Q-Bostwainkay
[5:23pm]Max:it would be unethical
[5:23pm]Q-Bostwain:Hold on one second.
[5:23pm]Max:would you like to rephrase the question?
[5:23pm]Q-Bostwain:yes
[5:23pm]Maxlease be swift
[5:23pm]Q-Bostwain:Considering ***** was one of the known speedhackers, why was he "banned" temporarily but in fact jsut had his character name changed or given a whole new jedi? If I get warned for something can I have my name changed? I just dont understand why someone can be caught speed hacking while ghosted by a staff member and recieve no punishment...
[5:23pm]Max:i can't discuss individual players or associations

Last edited by Miller0000; 10-19-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Can't you all just calm down for bit?
Let it settle for day or 2 and see how things turn out and start to roll.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
Much respect on doing that Ashor.
only reason i did that was because so many people thought i used the speedhack to get jedi, which i didnt, everything with jedi was legit, and since i was the first one i got alot of benefits, looted holo easy, the grind was easy since jedi xp was much higher, had easy rumors all the way, and the most important thing....

i was one of the first that figured out rumors, like a week before it was mentioned on the jedi progression thread. I had done i think 10 rumors by the time it became public that rumors was the way to go.

and who on earth runs around looking for their rumor mobs? i just used the luas hehe
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
Its more how advanced it goes, working out points and all that is honestly very easy and simple to do, there are a lot of other "hacks" which do not require memory editing and some memory editing are not stored as something as easy to lock onto (Experimentation points you just search the number add another search for new number however not everything works like that)
Oi ... i got your point ...

However ... in the end most pieces of functionality boil down to numbers in memory and a cmp/jmp we are after ... the hard and creative part is understanding the game and coming up with methods to drill down to these needles in the memory haystack.

In the past i've done more challenging stuff then experimentation points ... think changing models in memory ... bypassing crc checks or editing packets in memory ( not sniffing/editing packets but change them directly in game memory). None of these in EMU though ... searching for the easy stuff first .... plus I know lot's can't be hacked as i have access to the server code ( gotto love open source).

There are indeed several other hacks that do not require memory changes, but those just ain't in my area of interest ... in the end i only do this because it interests me.

I'll wait untill this storm passes and then see how policies are before loading Olly again
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
are you dense?
1)rubberbanding is not always part of swgemu, its from trying to stop speed hacking. It was recently implemented.
Rubberbanding is the speed hack protection over sensitiveness.
This use to be active loads in the past and never turned off and was only turned off during certain times such as stress tests.
It was on at the start but people complained about the rubberbanding blaming it on the connection and later it was turned off.
Speed hackers know that the rubberbanding was the protection and when they turned it off of course they tried and eventually when they get spotted and posted about everyone starts to complain to a certain extent but when the full protection is turned on even more people complain resulting to this.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
are you dense?
2)its not the quote that was important. The fact is, that you are out there griefing people slaying "mellicheae" just to delay their jedi quest.
3) Right, if I shoot some one in the face and say sorry, all is well in Ashur world.
sorry but im gonna call you an idiot right here, you mean that the speedhack detection was never used in swgemu before now? LMAO

atm you are a tool, if you think i go around and grief people, i have never griefed anyone, and if you dont believe me, so be it, i couldnt care less

i didnt do it to delay their quest, are you really that stupid to think i would travel 6km just to **** someone over?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:24 PM

Which is more harmful to the Emu community?

1. Banning known exploiters/hackers/griefers who "might" be able to help find other exploits/hacks.

2. A small group of Devs unbanning known exploiters/hackers/griefers after the entire Dev team voted to ban them, undermining the Dev team as a whole. Causing several members of the Dev team to either quit the project, or consider quitting the project.

It feels to me like the Dev team took the time to debate and decide upon a solution that would benefit the Emu community as a whole, but then a small group of the team made a snap decision to reverse this solution without discussing it with the rest of the Dev team.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelharis View Post
Which is more harmful to the Emu community?

1. Banning known exploiters/hackers/griefers who "might" be able to help find other exploits/hacks.

2. A small group of Devs unbanning known exploiters/hackers/griefers after the entire Dev team voted to ban them, undermining the Dev team as a whole. Causing several members of the Dev team to either quit the project, or consider quitting the project.

It feels to me like the Dev team took the time to debate and decide upon a solution that would benefit the Emu community as a whole, but then a small group of the team made a snap decision to reverse this solution without discussing it with the rest of the Dev team.
funny how some people have completly misunderstood what happened
Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
Rubberbanding is the speed hack protection over sensitiveness.
This use to be active loads in the past and never turned off and was only turned off during certain times such as stress tests.
It was on at the start but people complained about the rubberbanding blaming it on the connection and later it was turned off.
Speed hackers know that the rubberbanding was the protection and when they turned it off of course they tried and eventually when they get spotted and posted about everyone starts to complain to a certain extent but when the full protection is turned on even more people complain resulting to this.

Wow I learn new things everyday.
I always thought the first rubberbanding was a crap in the code, so much for telling us, speedhackers would have known sooner or later anyway.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
i didnt grief anyone, one guy reported me for griefing, but i have screenshots to back up that he was the one that started being a **** and i got pissed at him and started saying things that werent that nice back
BULL**** Ashur, you sat there and griefed MULTIPLE people trying to unlock jedi by killing Malikae(or however you spell his name). You not only admitted it, but said "no jedi for you TOO"! The staff even had to deal with you over the issue.

Shut your god damn lieing ass up.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: