SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 AM

it seems to me, with my very little experience writing code, that bringing in blue frogs that only give skills and not items will result in something almost anyone in the community wants... some poor developer searching through code finding where and how the blue frog was coded to eliminate the items rather than assisting with the OR.

Also doing the wipe or not will move the project forward, its just two different approaches. a) you either sit and learn how people are exploiting your system or b) you learn how to stop the exploits with trial and error
Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 AM

Sounds to me like all the most heavy cheating people did get to test the game fully, but for us all honest people that had to work to ge there .. well i didnt get that high and rich yet, takes alot time, and if they wipe now, wont even had enuf time to reach higher playing grounds, a full wipe gonna scare away lots hard working honest testers.. all the dupers and chaeters didnt loose so much time grinding etc, i bet they mind less .. and, what gonna keep em from finding other ways to exploit, we gonna face each time a wipe someone uses exploits ? its a test server anyway, bad things happen all the time, wether u gonna wipe it or not, the first day after u wiped, i am 100 % sure some bad peole still find some exploits wich they tehn use extensivley, why even bother try to fix TC if OR is at our doorstep almost... if u really want to test stuff, just add in new content to test, there are loads people now to test it !, sure bunch of em are cheaters but, who cares for the economy on a test server, i bet there will be more damage done from a wipe, the cheaters wont be gone, but lots honest non cheating people might just say they wait it out till OR since well, they did loose their honest hard work, if the server had issues and get bugged since of the old content and items, i say, do a wipe. but that isnt the case, would only wipe since some cheat... some ALWAYS cheat tho, no matter how bug free u make the game, if u would wipe just for that, then i sure vote NO, since if this is the case, u can wipe every month, people cheat all the time, in every single game, EVER made ...
so , to fix bugs and issues, Wipe Yes
to get rid of dupes and cheaters, Wipe No

thats my 2 copper, I played 10 year mmorpgs, and even in the cleanest games, there are cheaters that do find .. some way.. to cheat
so a wipe, only punish the good people, the bad people will sure find .. some .. way again to get it all faster 'again' as all the rest, so a wipe only makes the bad people be first on top ' again ' ...
so in the long run, it solved not alot, just probably did let alot people go 'hmm' that will wait now for OR and not play on test no more
I played other emulators in progress
Each wipe, there are less and less testers .. thats just a fact, doesnt has anything to do with patience
And it iddnt get rid of the cheaters tho, these keep return find new exploits
Guess i let the other people to decide what to do lol wipe or not ..
Personally, i dont think it will solve alot, in 2 months we most likely have a simular problem all over again, sad but true /
Putting in Gungan's probably would make up alot for wiping ofcourse, but that will make the economy not better if everyone can make all himself so easy since it took 1 minute to make a master crafter for instance ..
On the other hand would be good to test all professions fast lol, but i dont think it will make the economy actually better if everyone has a set of crafters
i better stop or this getting a long post P

Hugs, Pouky xxx

guess i ll just go with what get decided by the rest hehe
Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 AM

i cannot believe we have this up for debate. do or do not this wipe. DO NOT ask for feedback from this community. these are the same people that gripe and grit everytime server goes offline. the same people that propose crackpot notions on a daily basis for future server ideas. the same people that still havent figured out what pool points are. ill concede some of the people are the same that might donate once a semester but cmon guys really this seems like the most ignorant thing done by the devs/csr's to date. remember this is a testcenter after all. and by testcenter i mean a server that is not of normal play standards.( i know this might be hard for some to grasp) but we shouldnt be trying to recreate a play server on nova.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:54 AM

btw the term tester should be dead, weve tested the ever loving **** out of this revision. until they patch in something substantial we are all just playing around here so stop acting like peope are really testing nova code.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:55 AM

Full wipe and put the gungans back in so we can play the game without having to grind again.

Join the Avatars of the Old Republic and support the Rebel Cause! Click HERE for more info!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:56 AM

Wipe it, and then only allow us to create 1 toon each. This will shed some light on which professions will be chosen on a live server with a limited amount of players...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:57 AM

Total wipe is an amazing idea. The server is in shambles currently and this would definitely fix it.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat5560 View Post
Wipe it, and then only allow us to create 1 toon each. This will shed some light on which professions will be chosen on a live server with a limited amount of players...
So true!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 AM

i think only jedi's should be wiped :o

Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=jermat;588657] the same people that propose crackpot notions on a daily basis for future server ideas. the same people that still havent figured out what pool points are. QUOTE]

Whats the blue bar do is it do with the jedi? Or is it my mana bar or something>?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
btw the term tester should be dead, weve tested the ever loving **** out of this revision. until they patch in something substantial we are all just playing around here so stop acting like peope are really testing nova code.
yup have have not truly tested this code since sept!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=Joshino;588666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermat View Post
the same people that propose crackpot notions on a daily basis for future server ideas. the same people that still havent figured out what pool points are. QUOTE]

Whats the blue bar do is it do with the jedi? Or is it my mana bar or something>?
mana bar? WoW is bad for your self esteem dewd

Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I agree with the one toon each per account, just wasn't brave enough to say it
BuffBuff - Doc
Pris - Dancing Tart
Old 04-26-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
This only will shed light uppon how hard is to make a krayt weapon with only a WS at hand and you'll never see one ingame. And i'm quoting just to inform, not flaming or anything.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
Please keep all comments and posts on the topic of the wipe. This thread is our source of information and will be moderated heavily. Please do not clog it up with a bunch of picture and worthless posts.
When will the Poll be over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbous
It's a stealth nerf. It's like the CU all over again!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: