SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 11:47 AM

nice list, good to see whats done and all.

looks like most of the game is coming together now..
Old 05-09-2007, 02:26 PM

Questions about skills 2

First, let me mark my first post with a hearty congratulations for the people who have been working on this project. Thanks to you guys, we get to experience SWG the way it used to be.

Looking at the project status, I noticed "Skills" were at level 2, yet upon logging in, I saw we automatically have a good deal of the professions. How's that possible?

And also, this next question need not be answered, but what is the ETA for the overall project, for when everything will be ready to go "live," so to speak?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:45 PM

hmmmm i wouldnt think for another 4-6 months yet. but then again how would someone who cant even get this thing running know
Old 05-09-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakinHybrid View Post
First, let me mark my first post with a hearty congratulations for the people who have been working on this project. Thanks to you guys, we get to experience SWG the way it used to be.

Looking at the project status, I noticed "Skills" were at level 2, yet upon logging in, I saw we automatically have a good deal of the professions. How's that possible?

And also, this next question need not be answered, but what is the ETA for the overall project, for when everything will be ready to go "live," so to speak?
we dont have any professions except lightsabers...and we only have master... we do, on the other hand have alot of ability's
Old 05-09-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakinHybrid View Post

Your first question was answered above.. You are only granted abilities at this point. Skills are obtained after getting enough exp to learn a particular one, then having the ability to teach it after it is learned.. ect.. there is presumably plenty to be completed in this aspect..

To answer your second question, though I realize this question will come up again and again since people choose to avoid reading the FAQ, is that there is no ETA... it will be completed when it is completed. Ramsey, if he doesn't mind me adding, had elected to stop giving out "precise" ETA's because they aren't really ETA's, but rather "could maybe be done at this time". With that being said.. the FAQ would be a good reference point in regards to your question. It was recently updated, and is a work in progress.. but answers plenty of questions.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POPE View Post
Your first question was answered above.. You are only granted abilities at this point. Skills are obtained after getting enough exp to learn a particular one, then having the ability to teach it after it is learned.. ect.. there is presumably plenty to be completed in this aspect..

To answer your second question, though I realize this question will come up again and again since people choose to avoid reading the FAQ, is that there is no ETA... it will be completed when it is completed. Ramsey, if he doesn't mind me adding, had elected to stop giving out "precise" ETA's because they aren't really ETA's, but rather "could maybe be done at this time". With that being said.. the FAQ would be a good reference point in regards to your question. It was recently updated, and is a work in progress.. but answers plenty of questions.
well said...and if you chose to further not undergo the FAQ then the closest time knowen right now is at the end of the summer...but this is closest... thats if the Devs get all the support that they need...but that is not an ETA
Old 05-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Web Developer

Red face

I was waiting for topic like this. Good job guys!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:35 AM

How Often does SWGEMU Project Status have a update as i believe i havent seen it change in a few weeks and i know that the devs are working hard on certain areas all the time, ( i just think people might like to see the progress altering with something like this

Crafting:

Level: 3 NOW 4
Experimentation:
Item Creation:
Level: 3

Just an idea so that people can see for themselves that it is moving along as i think everybody is very excited about this project
Old 05-10-2007, 05:37 AM

Smile Idea

How Often does SWGEMU Project Status have a update as i believe i havent seen it change in a few weeks and i know that the devs are working hard on certain areas all the time, ( i just think people might like to see the progress altering with something like this

Crafting:

Experimentation:
Item Creation:

Just an idea so that people can see for themselves that it is moving along as i think everybody is very excited about this project.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:07 AM

Cant wait
Old 05-10-2007, 08:22 AM

bump

/ bump
Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

This topic will be an ongoing "update". When we update the status of a feature we'll include a notification in future updates.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:46 PM

if you read the last part of the post you will see how they plan to show you the changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme_eXiled View Post
c. Edits and Updates

More information and sections will be added over time. Admins, moderators, If you edit this please document your edit in this formatting:

[Name of changer] [Date of change] [Description of change]

"When in doubt, know that Artoo can probably fix it." - Vader Diaries

in Game: Ludge Likiie
Ex-Starsider
Old 05-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desporo View Post

Crafting:

Experimentation:
Item Creation:

Just an idea so that people can see for themselves that it is moving along as i think everybody is very excited about this project.

That would be a good idea but there isn't even any updates to it yet so we should see what it's exactly like before changing it. The template they currently have looks fine IMO, or you may have not seen it idk.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:21 PM

I think I've said good job already but..

I'm so happy to know that we will be able to play the game that we once had, and once loved. I want to thank you guys for all the hard work you've put into this, you're making my and countless others dreams come true.

Keep up the good work guys, I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: