SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 PM

People keep hoping and keep guessing about beta or release. Hope is a good thing, but I remember these same guesses being made for similar summer and x-mas timeline last year. Just keep testing and the devs will pull through.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 PM

Great progress so far in my opinion keep up the good work!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 AM

HI all. I am from russia, and don't understand some things here. May you answer to me?:
1. Can i play on test server right now?
2. What i need to do this?
3. I have 14 days trial client. Does it works here?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Seaseman
Administrator

1) you can.
2) I recommend that you download and install and then run Launchpad Enhanced. This will setup the entire emu for you.
3) You can try -- otherwise any store bought version will work.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:29 AM

Thanx for answers! I will try, and then post here, how does it work ))) And one more question. I want to help in testing. From what i can start? Professions, craft, something else? Or i can just play for fun? ^_^

Fouded this: Trial client/ This means that i will banned if i try yo play with it. But you say i can try. Didn't see logic here. Well... 3gb downloaded....for nothing ((( Going download Starting kit...

Last edited by AndroniX; 03-27-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:01 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovil0 View Post
We absolutely don't need JTL when we first start out and none of us will probably need housing etc. so on the note I am hoping for a summer release, it will make my day! hell, day, it will make my life!
What we think it's not important...if the devs want, for hypotesis, put in JTL, housing and other stuff, we must wait, regardless if you or I think that "JTL it's not very important in the beginning so i hope they release early, without adding it now but somewhen later.."
Quote:
It wont happen by summer for sure, i am 95% sure. There is still few parts that still have to be STARTED.
Right. To see many 4s or 5s say nothing to me...'cause even pass from a 4 to 5 can take a looooot of time, depending on the subject...it's for that reasons that there isn't an estimated ETA, neither approximately, nor hypotetically

Quote:
I don't care when its done or how long it takes I just want to play pre-cu again
Well yes, i agree. But in my opinion if it takes other 4 years I probably have a lot of things like job, family or other stuff that going back to play an "oldest" version of a pc game release in 2003...so it's a little bit...how can i say...if it takes still so long to finish i will be sad to see that i follow this project from years and probably i won't have time to play it...

Last edited by illupi; 03-27-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illupi View Post
Well yes, i agree. But in my opinion if it takes other 4 years I probably have a lot of things like job, family or other stuff that going back to play an "oldest" version of a pc game release in 2003...so it's a little bit...how can i say...if it takes still so long to finish i will be sad to see that i follow this project from years and probably i won't have time to play it...

Welcome to my world
Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 AM

Emu has made huge progress, in past year.
And going OS boosts it, I'm sure about that.
And now this is just my guess, not even an estimation, but I
think Emu will be complete within 2 years.

Even if it takes another 4 year, I would probably still play it.
Of course not as much as I could play it now.
Because now I have nothing but time...sometimes it gets me bored...

-SWGEmu code-

There is only one good thing in NGE; That's why the Emu project started.[Or was it started after CU? Can't really remember...]
Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illupi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELL--RAISER View Post
Welcome to my world
Heh...

Welcome to THE world

I wish i had all the time time in the world like I used to, just to sit around and play games, but real life is a *****, eh? Wife, job, commuting, to pay the bills is the biggest timesink, not the damn 10 minutes shuttle wait!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroniX View Post
Thanx for answers! I will try, and then post here, how does it work ))) And one more question. I want to help in testing. From what i can start? Professions, craft, something else? Or i can just play for fun? ^_^

Fouded this: Trial client/ This means that i will banned if i try yo play with it. But you say i can try. Didn't see logic here. Well... 3gb downloaded....for nothing ((( Going download Starting kit...
Hi Andronix. To help with testing just play the game and do what you like. Kill things, try out various professions, try some artisan bits etc and then report any bugs if you find some. Bugs reports should be made in this section of the forum: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23 and please check to see if someone else has posted the same bug which you could then reply to and provide more info Welcome to the emu!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:10 PM

I want my SWGEMU Crack now....

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6344

Remember, there is no meat in cake and if we were not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingblind View Post
Heh...

Welcome to THE world

I wish i had all the time time in the world like I used to, just to sit around and play games, but real life is a *****, eh? Wife, job, commuting, to pay the bills is the biggest timesink, not the damn 10 minutes shuttle wait!
No, i don't want immortality to play games all times. I only say "It's always good to follow a project that, possibly, (given not ETA at all) I don't even say IF i could play it?"....thought made after seeing a comment that was "i will wait forever just to play"...dot.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:41 PM

Yay!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothix View Post
I would say another year.

But maybe around Christmas, because I'm hoping for a miracle.

By the way good job devs.
IMO it seems likely as of now that we will have a largely playable game by Christmas. Combat as it stands now is pretty much in, and just needs a couple formulas adjusted to mirror more accurately what was on live, and then would be pretty much done. Same with DOTs and cures, afaik it would not be terribly hard from where it stands now to implement CM and Doc, largely held up due to the fact that crafting needs to be finished. Once crafting is done the PVP portion of the game will be close to being like what it was on live. Obviously things like Mob AI, accurate loot system, and countless other small features that don't terribly effect the PVP game (CH and Ranger as two random examples) will take a while to get put in as they havent been started too much yet. Overall though we are quickly approaching an accurate emulation of pre-CU PVP sans a bunch of superfluous PVE professions.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:22 PM

If my question already answered, just delete it.
In finished SWGEmu we will have all pre-CU professions, and old style type, of getting a jedi class? Like approaching master in 5 professions (may be not 5. cant remember), where one of them, we must to pick on random?

Russian user!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: