SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
I don't own duped items/credits either and can't effort some things I'd like to get, good armor, better weapon, Mineral Mining Installations, medium Tatooine house... Do you hear me moan about?

With all half done the economy would just move up again to the screwed state we already have. Much sooner because some credit consuming items would have left out.
BTW, I did play on the NGE lately, they have a fully set up economy with all the things we don't have by now which take the credits out of the system. If you think the prices here on the TC are insane, visit FarStar and see what some poeople charge for a noob CDEF Pistol.

Had put up 10 Swoops (2402HP) yesterday and just catched one buying all in a row and resold it for 14,5k. Should say it all. It isn't the economy that is broken, it's the poor attitude of some griefers that is screwing the economy.
Wipe or no wipe, that wouldn't change a thing unless you'll be able to wipe that poor attitude.

I can't affored one either, oh wait..
Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 PM

Agreed well said
Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 PM

You guys need someone with some experience in running online communities to get involved. Since you've rocked the boat with that little wipe tease, than prematurely pulled out, are you going to do anything else to attempt to stabilize the economy and re-introduce item balance? I mean, with things the far outside of the box going on, at a minimum you are missing out on a lot of testing feedback because some parts of the game do not get touched because they are virtually gated by imbalance.

How about:
  • Delete all of the accounts that obviously duped credits, and have toons with 999,999,999 credits
  • Review any logs associated with those toons, and delete paths of massive credit transfer
  • Remove any and all looted weapons that are outside of the possibility of the standard loot table
  • Delete all weapons that are obviously mutli-sliced, due to their damage range being outside of the possibility of the loot table
  • Delete the accounts of people who openly state they are violating the TOS in spatial, tells, and IRC by talking about: Selling items/credits, Exploiting, Sharing accounts, Duping.

I can't believe that you actually went though with posting that poll, included the phrase "We won't pander to the QQ'ers, they ruined SWG in the first place" and yet you go and do exactly that. Seriously. I go back to my initial statement, you guys need to make an attempt to find someone who has experience running an online community. And you need to get them involved, before you implode your own corner of the internet by jerking people around like this.

Last edited by Rincon; 04-27-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Had put up 10 Swoops (2402HP) yesterday and just catched one buying all in a row and resold it for 14,5k. Should say it all. It isn't the economy that is broken, it's the poor attitude of some griefers that is screwing the economy.
Wipe or no wipe, that wouldn't change a thing unless you'll be able to wipe that poor attitude.
Greed is prevalent.. saw a lot of that for the brief time I played WOW.. even had nasty mails and other comments made to me because I was hurting others profit margins....didn't matter that their prices were so high people couldn't afford without buying credits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
That'd be kind of funny, considering a group of people who did enough damage to **** an entire server to the point of this kind of outrage are still here.
I'm allowed to still hope.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Man ^^ i make 23xx swoops and sell 20 a day for 20k each ...
Raise price plx !! there is np getting 20k
Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Ekowraith makes a good point. If any tampering would have been done it would have been leaning towards the no vote so they can keep their stuff. Also there is no way anyone an say how many votes were tampered in either direction. Even if that's the case YES won by far more than NO did.

Once again the staff of this Emu are incompetent.

Quote:

Had put up 10 Swoops (2402HP) yesterday and just catched one buying all in a row and resold it for 14,5k.
Here we see the mysterious and reclusive beast known only as "The Economy" in action. Have you never played a game with one before?

Well if you couldn't tell last night by the system messages that they did have a bias against the wipe, now you know.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincon View Post
You guys need someone with some experience in running online communities to get involved. Since you've rocked the boat with that little wipe tease, than prematurely pulled out, are you going to do anything else to attempt to stabilize the economy and re-introduce item balance? I mean, with things the far outside of the box going on, at a minimum you are missing out on a lot of testing feedback because some parts of the game do not get touched because they are virtually gated by imbalance.

How about:
  • Delete all of the accounts that obviously duped credits, and have toons with 999,999,999 credits
  • Review any logs associated with those toons, and delete paths of massive credit transfer
  • Remove any and all looted weapons that are outside of the possibility of the standard loot table
  • Delete all weapons that are obviously mutli-sliced, due to their damage range being outside of the possibility of the loot table
  • Delete the accounts of people who openly state they are violating the TOS in spatial, tells, and IRC by talking about: Selling items/credits, Exploiting, Sharing accounts, Duping.

I can't believe that you actually went though with posting that poll, included the phrase "We won't pander to the QQ'ers, they ruined SWG in the first place" and yet you go and do exactly that. Seriously. I go back to my initial statement, you guys need to make an attempt to find someone who has experience running an online community. And you need to get them involved, before you implode your own corner of the internet by jerking people around like this.
Amen
Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 PM

I gotta' admit, this has all be more fun than grinding the last few boxes of pistol XP on my smuggler.

Damn I hate pistols.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmar View Post
Well if you couldn't tell last night by the system messages that they did have a bias against the wipe, now you know.
That alone should tell any discerning EMU player everything he needs to know about the use of a wipe.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
Anyone who thinks we don't pay attention to the community is sadly mistaken. We are very grateful for any constructive feedback that is given.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Best post all day?

I think so.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:52 PM

Sounds like the best decision. Can't please both sides anyway. Lets just go on as if this never happened.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM

OMGOMG.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: