SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
QFT.

I bet most of the people don't even know what they are angry about.

Did Ashur specifically greif anyone? Or are they just pissed he got teh Jedai
i didnt grief anyone, one guy reported me for griefing, but i have screenshots to back up that he was the one that started being a **** and i got pissed at him and started saying things that werent that nice back
Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
i didnt grief anyone, one guy reported me for griefing, but i have screenshots to back up that he was the one that started being a **** and i got pissed at him and started saying things that werent that nice back
BULL**** Ashur, you sat there and griefed MULTIPLE people trying to unlock jedi by killing Malikae(or however you spell his name). You not only admitted it, but said "no jedi for you TOO"! The staff even had to deal with you over the issue.

Shut your god damn lieing ass up.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Ofc you do man. A hacker like yourself will always be prepare or fake something to to prove you didn't do it. You hacked, you exploited and griefed. This time you was caught red handed with videos, screenshots and at least 10 people. You can't back track it now. Even if you didn't have proof your staff buddies how made it clear before and will again to see you clear and free.

Given you a 2nd chance man. How many how you gotten?

This was a power move of corruption by the some staff to get you back in. You will return to your old trick. I give everyone a benefit of the doubt but you went beyond that and people have proof. Lie and say force run 3 all you want.

Its not about you being jedi man. Its your actions is why people are against you. You are a cheater and you always will be out for yourself and not the good of the community. If it was me that did what you did I would be gone just the like the rest that got caught.

Kyle tried to cover it up by saying no one hacked jedi. Period, End of story. Before you got caught again with proof. No one said you hacked jedi but the fact you hacked/exploited your way to it and cont. to do so.

You shouldn't gotten another chance. This has nothing to do with me liking you or not but the facts of what you did and cont. to do and the devs/staff backing you and your crew.

Now your buddies got you unbanned and set the new policy up in your favor so you can do it all you want. Something is wrong here and its goes beyond what is good for the live server.

You can't keep lieing to the community. Were not buying it no more. You guys have tarnished what you trying to create by doing this.

Last edited by Wolverine79; 10-19-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine79 View Post
Ofc you do man. A hacker like yourself will always be prepare or fake something to to prove you didn't do it. You hacked, you exploited and griefed. This time you was caught red handed with videos, screenshots and at least 10 people. You can't back track it now. Even if you didn't have proof your staff buddies how made it clear before and will again to see you clear and free.

To think that there are so many dumb people in this world.

The video and screenshot didn't prove that he exploited. Maybe it looked like he griefed, it still doesn't prove anything. He may have been provoked.

And to Draga, please shut up before you make a fool of yourself
Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 PM

The point here is consistency and credibility. When you implement a policy but opt not to enforce it upon exceptional individuals, the rest of us get mad.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The point here is consistency and credibility. When you implement a policy but opt not to enforce it upon exceptional individuals, the rest of us get mad.
The point here is people are all scrambling for their 30 seconds on the moral soapbox. It's getting old.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
The point here is people are all scrambling for their 30 seconds on the moral soapbox. It's getting old.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!
Hahaha, I'm not leaving SWGEmu based on this incident. That would be ridiculous.

Anyway - it's obviously unfair to dismiss all criticism of staff policy as 'soapboxing'. It's an ad hominem argument - even if the intent is questionable, why can't you refute the argument on merit alone?

While I agree that quitting is absurd, what is controversial about asking for equal treatment when it comes to the enforcement of staff policy? Personal pardons are an obvious injustice.

If the staff want their decisions to resonate with the community, they had damn well better enforce them fairly.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Can't you all just calm down for bit?
Let it settle for day or 2 and see how things turn out and start to roll.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:24 PM

Which is more harmful to the Emu community?

1. Banning known exploiters/hackers/griefers who "might" be able to help find other exploits/hacks.

2. A small group of Devs unbanning known exploiters/hackers/griefers after the entire Dev team voted to ban them, undermining the Dev team as a whole. Causing several members of the Dev team to either quit the project, or consider quitting the project.

It feels to me like the Dev team took the time to debate and decide upon a solution that would benefit the Emu community as a whole, but then a small group of the team made a snap decision to reverse this solution without discussing it with the rest of the Dev team.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelharis View Post

1. Banning known exploiters/hackers/griefers who "might" be able to help find other exploits/hacks.

2. A small group of Devs unbanning known exploiters/hackers/griefers after the entire Dev team voted to ban them, undermining the Dev team as a whole. Causing several members of the Dev team to either quit the project, or consider quitting the project.

It feels to me like the Dev team took the time to debate and decide upon a solution that would benefit the Emu community as a whole, but then a small group of the team made a snap decision to reverse this solution without discussing it with the rest of the Dev team.
funny how some people have completly misunderstood what happened
Old 10-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelharis View Post

Quote:
No this is EXACTLY what happend, as we have numerous staff distributing the information on a daily basis to those of us in the know.

Yet again, Ashur trying to lie his ass off to protect himself and his hacking/exploiting self & guild mates.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 PM

Epic thread, needs a calming influence.
/soothes everyone
It'll come out in the wash, hopefully. Devs leaving over it is a worry tho, could impede/slow progress.

Banky: That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullifecti View Post
Devs leaving over it is a worry tho, could impede/slow progress.
It happened, it's happening and it won't stop, honestly it was my first fear when I first heard about the "changes", looks like I wasn't wrong.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:41 PM

funny how people get things wrong wow, i am speechless,

my toon didnt get deleted, i only got a name change

thats it, nothing more to say about that.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
only reason i did that was because so many people thought i used the speedhack to get jedi, which i didnt, everything with jedi was legit, and since i was the first one i got alot of benefits, looted holo easy, the grind was easy since jedi xp was much higher, had easy rumors all the way, and the most important thing....

i was one of the first that figured out rumors, like a week before it was mentioned on the jedi progression thread. I had done i think 10 rumors by the time it became public that rumors was the way to go.

and who on earth runs around looking for their rumor mobs? i just used the luas hehe
Did you edit the .lua or just read it? Assuming you're talking about Lua script, it's an exploit used to get Jedi faster either way.

Quote:
sorry but im gonna call you an idiot right here, you mean that the speedhack detection was never used in swgemu before now? LMAO

atm you are a tool, if you think i go around and grief people, i have never griefed anyone, and if you dont believe me, so be it, i couldnt care less

i didnt do it to delay their quest, are you really that stupid to think i would travel 6km just to **** someone over?
V
Quote:
Then explain the following, is it not true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
Then why did you shout in spatial "I killed Mellachie for you guys! Hahaha" right after ruining Wrikes Padawan quest? I told you in the Cnet cantina that a group was on the way to complete the trial. 10 mins later you were there killing Mellachie.

Look, you gained respect by deleting your Jedi (assuming you aren't given a new one), so don't ruin that by continuing to claim you didn't intentionally ruin Wrikes quest.
Quote:
funny how people get things wrong wow, i am speechless,

my toon didnt get deleted, i only got a name change

thats it, nothing more to say about that.
^ This is the reason for a lot of the outrage, you were given special treatment, a name change. Who else gets a name change? If you did nothing wrong, as you say, then why apologize at all... why was a name change needed, and finally, why come in this thread and give more reason for those already pissed by your actions to protest more?

You have the potential to be a decent guy, I've seen it. You really need to work on anger issues though, and stop being so damned defensive when you know you're wrong.

My issue wasn't with you, it was with the decision to give special treatment, you just happened to be the recipient. Don't get that confused.
Closed Thread