SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 11:13 AM

I vote for a re-vote with all things explained BEFORE voting. It was voting blind for the first 300 votes on this, and now after knowing theres no partial wipe whatsoever possible im sure would want to change their mind.

Not to mention there is no third option. Bi-partisan systems suck.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
I must say that something telling for me...is that a large number of "wipe" advocates not only have caveats but also are advocating "fast easy ways to master a profession" (i.e. blue frogs) "just to start". Yet after a bit of time we know the frogs would go away, thus screwing over anyone who came after the frog time. I almost have to wonder if a main motivation some people's desire for a wipe is to be able to GET the blue frogs so they don't have to grind to get a profession, thus being all "set up" with minimal effort to become the next "uberleets" on the server. Hmmmm...

Granted, this isn't an accusation or anything, just noticing an interesting correlation between those who are wanting the wipe and those advocating blue frogs.
No for most of us that want frogs it isn't about having 30 full temp toons. It;s about getting back what we are going to lose without having to spend hours and hours to do it. Even with a frog my toons that are mastered will still be the same as they are now. We are not looking for items only skills. It's a middle ground opton.

We ged ride of all the duped items/credits and bring some sort of balance back however short lived it will be none of us know, and get a few new features. I for one still would rather not have this wipe right now, but if it's comming then please consider the frogs as an option and get the wipe done, because like a lot of people i have no desire to do crap right now just to have it all undone in a couple days.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler1984 View Post
I must say that something telling for me...is that a large number of "wipe" advocates not only have caveats but also are advocating "fast easy ways to master a profession" (i.e. blue frogs) "just to start". Yet after a bit of time we know the frogs would go away, thus screwing over anyone who came after the frog time. I almost have to wonder if a main motivation some people's desire for a wipe is to be able to GET the blue frogs so they don't have to grind to get a profession, thus being all "set up" with minimal effort to become the next "uberleets" on the server. Hmmmm...

Granted, this isn't an accusation or anything, just noticing an interesting correlation between those who are wanting the wipe and those advocating blue frogs.
No for most of us that want frogs it isn't about having 30 full temp toons. It;s about getting back what we are going to lose without having to spend hours and hours to do it. Even with a frog my toons that are mastered will still be the same as they are now. We are not looking for items only skills. It's a middle ground opton.

We get ride of all the duped items/credits and bring some sort of balance back however short lived it will be none of us know, and get a few new features. I for one still would rather not have this wipe right now, but if it's comming then please consider the frogs as an option and get the wipe done, because like a lot of people i have no desire to do crap right now just to have it all undone in a couple days.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Wipe with no frogs, test that
Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kufu View Post

We ged ride of all the duped items/credits and bring some sort of balance back however short lived it will be none of us know, and get a few new features. I for one still would rather not have this wipe right now, but if it's comming then please consider the frogs as an option and get the wipe done, because like a lot of people i have no desire to do crap right now just to have it all undone in a couple days.

I understand the sentiment on the frogs, but the question is, how long do they stay up, when do they get removed, can all chars or just one use them, etc...?
Too many unexplained variables overall in this whole proposal, hence me saying try using this as a test vote to see what the interest level is, then put together all the information and have an official vote with ALL the info in place.
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: