SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
I'd rather have half a building built on strong foundations, than a whole skyskcaper where the elevators don't work and it's ready to tumble. lets get it right the first time.
I prefer the skyscraper one. Whacky shack!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:48 PM

I agree with this. 'Twould be much better to have a good deal of items/quests/professions all up and running in good order and usable, than to have everything "implemented" but barely 10% actually working. I've seen these types far too often in the private World of Warcraft servers. Nothing is more irritating than reading about all these great things that the server has supposedly implemented, then getting in the game and realising barely anything actually *works*. I'll gladly wait longer for a better product.

Long story short, phenomenal job, devs. My hat is off to you all. Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-09-2007, 06:15 PM

This is the most interesting (and probably complex) underground gaming project endevour I've ever heard of. You guys should be paid big bucks for this. Gaming companies should be knocking at your door with job offers.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReactionXYZ View Post
This is the most interesting (and probably complex) underground gaming project endevour I've ever heard of. You guys should be paid big bucks for this. Gaming companies should be knocking at your door with job offers.
I bet you those gaming companies will. If these devs pull it off, they will probably be able to walk in to most any game company and get a job...and they would deserve it. What's more, if they pull it off and give back SWG to the community, they will have built their own names and reputations. Any of their games would get a second look and a definite try from me.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 PM
bean89032

Well the coding part of the game at least but there is also the modeling and texturing along with numurous other parts to the game.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Yes, dev's are doing a great work, but i have only a single question, maybe stupid: why some things related to player's cities are at 0 ? Perhaps they are things easily implementable, or there still mooore time to wait? I can't see when the devs upgrade something from this thread (3 to 4, 4 to 5), only those which Seaseme segnaleted..and the last is the 7th of July
Old 08-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illupi View Post
Yes, dev's are doing a great work, but i have only a single question, maybe stupid: why some things related to player's cities are at 0 ? Perhaps they are things easily implementable, or there still mooore time to wait? I can't see when the devs upgrade something from this thread (3 to 4, 4 to 5), only those which Seaseme segnaleted..and the last is the 7th of July
What the hell are you talking about? What is "segnaleted?"
They will get to player cities eventually. The reason player cities are at lower lvls is probably because other things need to be coded fist before they can start that.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 PM

Player Cities only make sense if a galaxy carries hundreds of players. And players will only join if the actual game (chat, combat, spawns, quests, ...) is completely working. See what I mean? The most important thing is the gameplay + npc/creature spawns (and of course a complete database) as nobody would like to play for too long if only housing/cities would work the way it should. I think the devs are doing a great job. They focus on the important (essential) features first. One of my personal rules when it comes to programming is: "Build a solid ground - complete the most important parts - add the details when everything else is working". They will eventually complete housing and cities - but this is only a detail...
Old 08-11-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBaxe View Post
Player Cities only make sense if a galaxy carries hundreds of players. And players will only join if the actual game (chat, combat, spawns, quests, ...) is completely working. See what I mean? The most important thing is the gameplay + npc/creature spawns (and of course a complete database) as nobody would like to play for too long if only housing/cities would work the way it should. I think the devs are doing a great job. They focus on the important (essential) features first. One of my personal rules when it comes to programming is: "Build a solid ground - complete the most important parts - add the details when everything else is working". They will eventually complete housing and cities - but this is only a detail...
like what he said.

Yo homie, is that my briefcase?
Solace Effect Band
mothernature just pissed her pantsuit!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBaxe View Post
Player Cities arent a major focus right now due to lack of many players etc. And players will join as long as theres something to do or test(if you like to test things out, See what I mean? The most important thing getting a stable server working and getting most of the hard coding done first then focus on the little and extra things (and of course a complete database) as not many members would like to play an unstable server that you get disconnected off of every 2 minutes and plus without at least something to do such as combat, sparring etc etc, we'd only need testers. I think the devs are doing a great job. They focus on the important (essential) features first, then focus on making sure the community members are enjoying and that there arent any major bugs. One of my personal rules when it comes to programming is: "Build a solid ground - complete the most important parts - add the details when you have the important things working". Eventually as we move up the road Player Cities etc, will begin development and be implented to the Server

Hehe i fixed your post up for you ShawnBaxe, Sorry its a bit longer just wanted to make sure that the person you were saying this too would understand
Old 08-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Development Director
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

we are working madly (well mostly TA ) on transforming the codebase to support the clustering system so please be patient. once it's done we will start to implement new features again
Old 08-12-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
we are working madly (well mostly TA ) on transforming the codebase to support the clustering system so please be patient. once it's done we will start to implement new features again
Any guess on how long that will take? Just curious.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Development Director
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

cannot really tell it but the harder we whip our poor enslaved TA the faster it's getting done
Old 08-12-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
cannot really tell it but the harder we whip our poor enslaved TA the faster it's getting done
In the great of Bart Simpson: Gitti Mao! Gitti Mao!

Awesome to hear, good luck.
Pew-pew
Old 08-12-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
/whap oru <3 keep up the good work

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: