SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Communications Team
CommunicationsAdministrator

[NOVA] Warping to 0,0 Upon Entering Buildings

TC Nova Residents:

Some of you may have noticed that you are being warped to coordinates 0, 0 when entering some buildings. This is especially true in the case of Theed Cantina currently. If you find yourself in this situation, please notify a CSR and we will attempt to assist you. The best place to reach us is in the #swgemusupport channel on IRC. We apologize for this inconvenience and will strive to have this issue fixed ASAP.

Regards,
SWGEmu Staff

dame@swgemu.com | swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs
Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 PM

wanted to add, pets appear to warp as well (not sure if it was to the 0,0 coordinates) approximately 6km away when I entered the theed spaceport.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-13-2009, 07:12 PM

Anyone know if this is only for Theed or is it for all buildings on all planets?

Edit: thanks in advance for response if anyone happens to know
Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycheese View Post
Anyone know if this is only for Theed or is it for all buildings on all planets?

Edit: thanks in advance for response if anyone happens to know
Seems to only be the Theed Cantina... I've tested other buildings on Naboo, and other buildings on other planets.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 PM

cool good to know. we had about 30 people in a camp out there last night... and as much fun as it was I'm not sure I would be up for it again.

thanks for the quick response!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karas View Post
If you leave via the backdoor of theed cantina you will not get warped

To leave though the backdoor run at it then take a screenshot
And then close you eyes and tap your heels together three times. And think to yourself, there's no place like home...

J/K

Seriously that back door was always kinda buggy, i never could use them.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:54 PM

I have been warped a few times so far(on purpose) And a couple of times I simply just kept holding my mouse down and I got warped to 0,0 then back to Theed then back to 0,0 and then landed right back in Theed, where I stayed.

StK|Strike To Kill|StK
Old 05-18-2009, 04:35 PM

I don't know how relevant this is, but maybe I can shed some light here. About a week or so ago, a bunch of us QoCA ents were doing a bit of entertaining (as is our wont) in the cantina on Coronet. A few staffers were hanging out with us, and after a while the idea was kicked around about transferring to 0,0 on naboo for a private party. We were advised by by one of the staff members that a "shortcut" was available, and given instructions on how to get there, which included going into the Theed cantina and back out again, whereupon we would find ourselves at the 0,0 location.

My assumption was that a temporary portal had been set up just for the benefit of the attendees, but perhaps my assumption is misguided here. If it isn't, then perhaps this temporary portal was (accidentally?) left open.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:43 PM

It's a portal to Oblivion! A lot of people have mentioned the back door not working, even before this warp thing. Strange that I've never had a problem with it before.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelogue View Post
I don't know how relevant this is, but maybe I can shed some light here. About a week or so ago, a bunch of us QoCA ents were doing a bit of entertaining (as is our wont) in the cantina on Coronet. A few staffers were hanging out with us, and after a while the idea was kicked around about transferring to 0,0 on naboo for a private party. We were advised by by one of the staff members that a "shortcut" was available, and given instructions on how to get there, which included going into the Theed cantina and back out again, whereupon we would find ourselves at the 0,0 location.

My assumption was that a temporary portal had been set up just for the benefit of the attendees, but perhaps my assumption is misguided here. If it isn't, then perhaps this temporary portal was (accidentally?) left open.
We can not set up a 'temporary portal' even if we should want to. It was advice jokingly given to you as I seem to recall. This bug is legitimate and is at the very least affecting Theed cantina and Moenia cantina. I don't think we have specifically tested any other locations but if you find that other buildings are affected please let us know.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Quality Assurance Business Leader
Quality Assurance

Please do not open additonal Bug Reports on this issue.

You can help us find the cause by attempting to reproduce the warping effect. If you can, please document the exact steps by adding notes to Bug Report #1507.

Thanks
Former Merchant Profession Representative

Relive the Saga with SWGEmu
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Cmdr. Lorrianna Aliishyyn (DEF) on Tempest Mst Squad Leader/Mst Carbineer/Medic
Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
We can not set up a 'temporary portal' even if we should want to. It was advice jokingly given to you as I seem to recall. This bug is legitimate and is at the very least affecting Theed cantina and Moenia cantina. I don't think we have specifically tested any other locations but if you find that other buildings are affected please let us know.
You mean the "advice" we were given included exploiting a known bug just so we could get to the party quicker? /gasp. Boy do I feel like a lab rat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrianna View Post
Please do not open additonal Bug Reports on this issue.

You can help us find the cause by attempting to reproduce the warping effect. If you can, please document the exact steps by adding notes to Bug Report #1507.

Thanks
I'll see what I can do....erm, when the server comes back up
Old 05-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelogue View Post
You mean the "advice" we were given included exploiting a known bug just so we could get to the party quicker? /gasp. Boy do I feel like a lab rat!
Hey, it wasn't my advice.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:39 AM

I never said it was
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: