SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.57 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

What we learned.

Stress test has been canned.

We are having a lot of trouble with freebsd, especially with the load we experienced. There was also a lot of new internal code that was being tested, as well as some unstable stuff that surfaced today. So its back to fixing.

I really don't know what to say but, sorry. I mean its a stress test and we EXPECT things to go wrong, but people have been telling me "nothing new waste of time gtfo". When really there was a lot of things new, inside anyway, and new things to test out internally. Just because you cant SEE something in game on our servers doesn't mean we haven't added anything new.

I just want you guys to understand the reasons for our development actions. We are taking things slow because this software will be used for years to come. We would rather take 100 hours of development time to work on something that, in game, isn't visually beautiful, than to slop together something that looks nice but will fail 3 months down the road.

The themed stress test was a good idea but as a project, we aren't ready for it. What we will have to do is stick to traditional stress testing, except adding features at a more consistent rate so it isn't as boring. We will still have stress tests but they will have a bit more quality control than this one has.

TA and Oru are ****in exhausted and just went to bed. I've been pulling all nighters almost every night since thursday. So we're all pretty tired.

We walked away from this test wiser than before, and more prepared to handle these events.

I hope you'll understand. On behalf of the (TIREDDDDDDDD) swgemu team,
Ramsey.

Last edited by Ramsey; 04-15-2007 at 08:20 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: