SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.57 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Thanks a bunch, devs. You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
We walked away from this test wiser than before, and more prepared to handle these events.
So the test was successful, only in a way you hadn't anticipated.
/deepbow
Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 AM

Take all the time you need. you all volunteered for this and have come far, who are we to downgrade your hard work? Thanks devs for everything you're trying to accomplish and have accomplished, I'm sure the moves you make are for the best
Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer View Post
Take all the time you need. you all volunteered for this and have come far, who are we to downgrade your hard work? Thanks devs for everything you're trying to accomplish and have accomplished, I'm sure the moves you make are for the best
you guys are doing awesome! I rather something work at least 90% than have something that is released and works maybe half the time
Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 PM

Grrrr

I missed the stress test again, oh well. How did it go as far as lag and what not?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 PM

Guys your doing an awsome job. Better then SOE will ever do.

Keep it up!

Thanks
Old 04-16-2007, 01:37 PM

Its cool devs I say take your time I'd rather have an awesome Emu later on then a crap one right away. Keep it up you guys are moving in leaps and bounds when it comes to the Emu. Keep up the good work
Old 04-16-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krietos View Post
I missed the stress test again, oh well. How did it go as far as lag and what not?

When you view a new post, try not to click 'last' with knowledge of the post based on topic alone. Read the first post, and try to read a few more afterwards (although reading everything is generally recommended).

Ramsey just spelled out the situation. There was no test. There have been minor problems with FreeBSD stability, and they're working to fix it for next time.

Kudos to the team for the effort. Maybe next time =)
Old 04-16-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilius View Post
Ramsey, I WUV U!!
Great job dude. better luck next time

I just wanted to emphasise something Rams said on IRC just then, that i think realy stipulates why we're all here on THIS project:

I think that that is the attitude we all need to respect, and base our own attitudes on.

For for me, thankyou for going slow, thankyou for not pushing tests out that arent going to work, and thankyou for explaining yourself. You've gained (you already had) my respect, and my support.
QFE, your totally right, rushing ahead wont solve anything, keep up the good work rams!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krietos View Post
you win this thread
Old 04-16-2007, 06:01 PM

SOE are like that noob with the CDEF rifle that shoots the creature nest while it is still guarded.

SWGemu devs clear the area around the nest slowly before taking it down.

Wait, the Outlaw Star guys get hot catgirls and we're stuck with these ?
-
Former Bria and FarStar occupant.
ST-G Forever!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Stress test has been canned.

We are having a lot of trouble with freebsd, especially with the load we experienced. There was also a lot of new internal code that was being tested, as well as some unstable stuff that surfaced today. So its back to fixing.

I really don't know what to say but, sorry. I mean its a stress test and we EXPECT things to go wrong, but people have been telling me "nothing new waste of time gtfo". When really there was a lot of things new, inside anyway, and new things to test out internally. Just because you cant SEE something in game on our servers doesn't mean we haven't added anything new.

I just want you guys to understand the reasons for our development actions. We are taking things slow because this software will be used for years to come. We would rather take 100 hours of development time to work on something that, in game, isn't visually beautiful, than to slop together something that looks nice but will fail 3 months down the road.

The themed stress test was a good idea but as a project, we aren't ready for it. What we will have to do is stick to traditional stress testing, except adding features at a more consistent rate so it isn't as boring. We will still have stress tests but they will have a bit more quality control than this one has.

TA and Oru are ****in exhausted and just went to bed. I've been pulling all nighters almost every night since thursday. So we're all pretty tired.

We walked away from this test wiser than before, and more prepared to handle these events.

I hope you'll understand. On behalf of the (TIREDDDDDDDD) swgemu team,
Ramsey.

yeah man get your rest, you are humans, unlike the people who may be talking that nonsense. we are all behind you!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:16 PM

I personally think it's damn good... haven't played much in a while because of school, and I'm impressed.... thanks mucho ladies
Old 04-17-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurdbot View Post
SOE are like that noob with the CDEF rifle that shoots the creature nest while it is still guarded.

SWGemu devs clear the area around the nest slowly before taking it down.
that's well said
Old 04-17-2007, 03:54 AM

Harsh words are easy to say for people that have absolutely no knowledge in programming. It's very easy to write a pieace of s**** software. The faster it will be finished... the worse. I say take your time. I'm looking forward to playing my beloved game for years to come
Closed Thread