SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average. Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
ugh, i miss the beautiful sounds of a blown swoop in starports. *tear*

Lightning in our fists, Thunder in our footsteps
Old 09-23-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edycal View Post
on the priority list i hope these 3 get done first:

Space Flight
Crafting
NPCs
Have to agree on that, but switch places with Crafting and space flight
*I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.

-Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
Because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:05 PM

Awesome, nice work guys!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultyma View Post
First real update?

Go hang yourself.

You have no idea how much work clustering is.
*Cracks Whip* PWNT!!!

I would probably shoot myself if I didn't have the prospect of degrading my life with time consuming video games that have no redeeming value other than countless hours of pwnage by yours truly. I love you guys.

Darjani SWGE: A More Balanced SWGEmu

"<offensive signature - removed>"
Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 PM

Just joined the forums and this is the first thing I see!!!!!

You guys are amazing! Thank you for all of this
Old 10-03-2007, 06:22 PM

an entire month with no update...If its a lot of testing thats been going on and not a lot of actual "content" updates, then just even say that. Doesnt have to be a bunch of eye candy. I know i dont only speak for myself when I say "updates more often would be a good thing"

Unless im completely overlooking something and missed it, the last update on the site was a month ago, and the one before that was a half a month+ i believe. we've only had like 2 updates in 1.5-2months.

Whats goin on
Old 10-03-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-EightyEight View Post
an entire month with no update...If its a lot of testing thats been going on and not a lot of actual "content" updates, then just even say that. Doesnt have to be a bunch of eye candy. I know i dont only speak for myself when I say "updates more often would be a good thing"

Unless im completely overlooking something and missed it, the last update on the site was a month ago, and the one before that was a half a month+ i believe. we've only had like 2 updates in 1.5-2months.

Whats goin on
Possibly there trying to make a quality bug-free game unlike what SOE has failed to do? I dont see how people can get so impatient about this project, for a while it looked like we wouldn't have Pre-CU back forever, so just be patient and try not to tick off the devs. 'Cause thats one way to do it

"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons" -Herodotus

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -Veron Sanders Law

12 Highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion -Scottish proverb.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:06 PM

We have had NPC's added to the server which is a pretty big update but it didnt get a separate thread. Hopefully since a month has passed since this thread started we will get another one soon.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:

Whats goin on
We've been getting updates to the Project Status thread every month. Many of those things have been added to the public test server. This project has been going on for a few years now. And it's been moving visibly forward since the public test server came online. I know that you're not trying to come across harsh about it. But watch and wait with the majority of the community.

In the past three weeks we have gained speeders and individual animals are spawned all over the place on tat now. Things are changing at a steady pace. And if your comments are taken as complaints it is only going to make the people who are actually doing the work get irritated and discouraged. Then they'll get busy playing another game, where they can kill something or someone, instead of working on the emu. Then you'll be waiting even longer.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.

Last edited by Zaff; 10-03-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar View Post
Possibly there trying to make a quality bug-free game unlike what SOE has failed to do? I dont see how people can get so impatient about this project, for a while it looked like we wouldn't have Pre-CU back forever, so just be patient and try not to tick off the devs. 'Cause thats one way to do it
did you even read my post? you are clearly new here, so please dont respond with a reply that has absolutely nothing to do with what i posted about. A few months back there was a big concern with majority of the community members requesting updates more often and the Devs were kind enough to agree with the idea. Who is impatient? Again read my post, it has to do with updates and letting the people know whats going on. Welcome new kid. read the faq or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaff View Post
We've been getting updates to the Project Status thread every month. Many of those things have been added to the public test server. This project has been going on for a few years now. And it's been moving visibly forward since the public test server came online. I know that you're not trying to come across harsh about it. But watch and wait with the majority of the community.

In the past three weeks we have gained speeders and individual animals are spawned all over the place on tat now. Things are changing at a steady pace. And if your comments are taken as complaints it is only going to make the people who are actually doing the work get irritated and discouraged. Then they'll get busy playing another game, where they can kill something or someone, instead of working on the emu. Then you'll be waiting even longer.
And you mr. Dec 2006, do you visit the forum once every 3 months? Because every active member knows about the discussion that happened last spring. Nobody is complaining, they said they were going to release updates a lot more often, and they were doing a fabulous job, now its back to once a month +. Its a request and question as to why it stopped. So if you dont remember that discussion you might as well just not even reply here

Last edited by IG-EightyEight; 10-03-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:58 AM
Development Director
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

there is no need to be offensive like that

anyways we are going to post some updates soon but if you weren't lazy enough to log into the TC you might know whats going on. we are busy with work and school so it's hard to find even time to just implementing the features..
Old 10-04-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
did you even read my post? you are clearly new here, so please dont respond with a reply that has absolutely nothing to do with what i posted about. A few months back there was a big concern with majority of the community members requesting updates more often and the Devs were kind enough to agree with the idea. Who is impatient? Again read my post, it has to do with updates and letting the people know whats going on. Welcome new kid. read the faq or something.

And you mr. Dec 2006, do you visit the forum once every 3 months? Because every active member knows about the discussion that happened last spring. Nobody is complaining, they said they were going to release updates a lot more often, and they were doing a fabulous job, now its back to once a month +. Its a request and question as to why it stopped. So if you dont remember that discussion you might as well just not even reply here
Lets walk through this.

Devs agreed to post more frequent progress updates, top 10, etc.

Devs do this for a awhile.

Devs stop...

What major thing has happened in the last few months that has consumed a vast majority of the devs time... one that Ultyma hinted at...hrmmm, hrmmm, thinking, thinking, maybe its...CLUSTERING!

The devs probably weren't thinking that clustering was going to be such a long matter, hence why they didn't mention that they were stopping the frequent updates schedule. Since clustering must be completed to a point to where features are put in you are seeing/have seen that apparent "dry spell" of content updates. They have apparently come back to content with vehicles and static npc spawns.

But in any case can't you possibly fathom that these guys are a little busy now? That maybe they have lives outside of the server they are coding for you? In addition, school has started up and, as such, there is a serious time crunch happening for some (all?) of the devs right now.

Seriously, with a 1,000+ posts you would think you would've gotten that hint by now.

Now wait like the rest of us.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
there is no need to be offensive like that

anyways we are going to post some updates soon but if you weren't lazy enough to log into the TC you might know whats going on. we are busy with work and school so it's hard to find even time to just implementing the features..
Of course there isnt, there is also no need for people to give me page long responses getting offended when I simply referred back to the statement of more updates. But lazy enough to log on TC? Thats a pretty big assumption for the many people who dont go on it. Some people might be just as busy as you, if not busier. Nobody said you have all the time in the world and everyone here understands that, we ALL know this project takes an ass ton of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrej View Post
Lets walk through this.

Devs agreed to post more frequent progress updates, top 10, etc.

Devs do this for a awhile.

Devs stop...

What major thing has happened in the last few months that has consumed a vast majority of the devs time... one that Ultyma hinted at...hrmmm, hrmmm, thinking, thinking, maybe its...CLUSTERING!

The devs probably weren't thinking that clustering was going to be such a long matter, hence why they didn't mention that they were stopping the frequent updates schedule. Since clustering must be completed to a point to where features are put in you are seeing/have seen that apparent "dry spell" of content updates. They have apparently come back to content with vehicles and static npc spawns.

But in any case can't you possibly fathom that these guys are a little busy now? That maybe they have lives outside of the server they are coding for you? In addition, school has started up and, as such, there is a serious time crunch happening for some (all?) of the devs right now.

Seriously, with a 1,000+ posts you would think you would've gotten that hint by now.

Now wait like the rest of us.

Who isnt waiting? Again you are just like every other idiot who can't comprehend a simple post and you still get offended like I stole your lunch money.

They are a little busy? o WOW I HAD NO IDEA, i thought this project was really easy to create. thanks for that

Clustering? Oh wow I had no idea yet again! thanks bud.

It takes all but 20seconds to make a forum post. Its been discussed again and again and again. Im not trying to call anyone out on being lazy or not hard working. But saying anyone is too busy to make a forum post is just idiotic. It was said updates were going to happen a lot more frequently, and it stopped for some reason. What an ass I am to wondering why it suddenly stopped.

All anyone asked for was updates a little more frequently. Im just the only one who has said anything about it because other ppl dont want to step on anyones toes. You can get offended as much as you like, i really dont care.

Last edited by IG-EightyEight; 10-04-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM

Well looking around the forums I see this from Sesame

...Later this week I will change them to yellow cons and make it so some spawn from lairs and such.

Sounds like a pretty good imminent update to me.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Of course there isnt, there is also no need for people to give me page long responses getting offended when I simply referred back to the statement of more updates. But lazy enough to log on TC? Thats a pretty big assumption for the many people who dont go on it. Some people might be just as busy as you, if not busier. Nobody said you have all the time in the world and everyone here understands that, we ALL know this project takes an ass ton of time.

Who isnt waiting? Again you are just like every other idiot who can't comprehend a simple post and you still get offended like I stole your lunch money.

They are a little busy? o WOW I HAD NO IDEA, i thought this project was really easy to create. thanks for that

Clustering? Oh wow I had no idea yet again! thanks bud.

It takes all but 20seconds to make a forum post. Its been discussed again and again and again. Im not trying to call anyone out on being lazy or not hard working. But saying anyone is too busy to make a forum post is just idiotic. It was said updates were going to happen a lot more frequently, and it stopped for some reason. What an ass I am to wondering why it suddenly stopped.

All anyone asked for was updates a little more frequently. Im just the only one who has said anything about it because other ppl dont want to step on anyones toes. You can get offended as much as you like, i really dont care.
If you got the time to ask on the forums, why dont you have the time to get on TC instead? am i missing something? because it seems if you just replaced your forum time by looking at TC instead, you would have time to look at it, yes? I dont mean to upset you, but its just not adding up.

"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons" -Herodotus

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -Veron Sanders Law

12 Highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion -Scottish proverb.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: