SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:00 PM

So far I haven't noticed any irrational banning behaviour and Ultyma (since you seem to be targeting him especially Chick3nWings) could've done so when I was trying to crack some sarcastic jokes.
You have to take into consideration that they've had a flood of newbies coming onto IRC/the forum just to ask the same questions over and over and over again.

"When will it be done?"
"What is the IP of the server?"
"Is the server up?"

And there is a tiny clue hidden in the topic which says something like "LOGIN: UP - ZONE: UP" and it also states where you should go should you need assistance.
Maybe they can be a bit harsh at times, but you would be slightly annoyed if people kept asking you the same questions about something you're not being paid to create, but you're creating because you want to.

So yes they could be slightly less cranky, but I do understand where they're (or perhaps were) coming from. I find it more objectable that some regular members flame those newbies.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smannesman View Post
So far I haven't noticed any irrational banning behaviour and Ultyma
Well, that's great. Maybe things have improved. I wouldn't know because I got sick of watching it happen and don't go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smannesman View Post
You have to take into consideration that they've had a flood of newbies coming onto IRC/the forum just to ask the same questions over and over and over again.
I have two autistic children, so I know a thing or two about patience. I also know that losing your temper and taking it out on someone isn't ok, any more than being pestered by new people is an excuse for abusiveness.
Closed Thread