SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 01:42 PM

I'm guessing longer than 1.5 weeks for sure, but I could be wrong.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
I'm guessing longer than 1.5 weeks for sure, but I could be wrong.
You never know, the Devs say they're planning a 'HUGE' update for this week, probably including NPCs and some if not all of the top 10.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:31 PM

Try and keep things positive!

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Old 04-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovion View Post
You never know, the Devs say they're planning a 'HUGE' update for this week, probably including NPCs and some if not all of the top 10.
Yeah its likely the update will have the stuff on the top ten list .
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM

All i know is that i installed everything today, got everything working only to hear that oh-so-familiar loading swg music and it almost brought tears to my eyes. I really don't give a damn how long it takes to be honest. I will wait eons if it means i can play the game i once loved again. If i see people complain because the legends behind this project are 'taking their time' getting everything up and running, then i shall verbally beat them down.

Up til this morning i really thought the EMU was a pipe-dream. I've never enjoyed being so wrong in my life.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadan View Post
All i know is that i installed everything today, got everything working only to hear that oh-so-familiar loading swg music and it almost brought tears to my eyes. I really don't give a damn how long it takes to be honest. I will wait eons if it means i can play the game i once loved again. If i see people complain because the legends behind this project are 'taking their time' getting everything up and running, then i shall verbally beat them down.

Up til this morning i really thought the EMU was a pipe-dream. I've never enjoyed being so wrong in my life.
Welcome to the club!

I never doubted them (I'm a dreamer), but I know the feeling after first hearing that music and being in the loading/character creation screen...
Simply amazing!

I can wait a long while... as I'm sure "life" will happen a bit, hehe.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadan View Post

SWGEmu owns. Great game returning to what it once was.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 PM

Atleast we

Atleast this Project has not bee Bitten by the SOE Poison :P too bad there will be no custom models or Skins then it will possibly get.... Boring
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 PM

So true about the loading music...glad im not the only one thats subconsiously over-attached.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryft View Post
So true about the loading music...glad im not the only one thats subconsiously over-attached.
Oh yeah, the loading music makes me want to cry so many memories.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:38 AM

Yay for informative posts! Unlike my post sadly, as I can't remember much pre-CU to help x-x. Anyway, it's news like this that keeps me waiting. =D
Old 04-11-2007, 02:40 AM

Great going!!

I haven't been on for a while due to health but to see all the progress made is great!! Keep up the good work and I am watching the progress even if not always able to post much
Old 04-11-2007, 11:13 AM

I'd like to, for feed back and further discussion purposes, to just add my own questions, remarks and comments. PLEASE do not take this as criticism.
Also, I would just like to say that having read this; it put quite the smile on my face, especially when I think back to how excited we all were when we first got to log in to an empty wasteland lol.

Q) How the spawns coming, will be they be static? or completely new spawns
A) There are both -- There's been a group of guys patrolling the NGE logging every static NPC they see. We have 2500 + of them, and a few others have finished with the creature database, and NPCs are on the verge of being finished. I will finish it this week now that I have some time.

For the sense of immersion in the Swg world, seeing assorted "people" standing or walking around was always a subtle but of niceness. But there were areas where multi-spawns would often create lag because of load issues
(For example, Im sure many of you remember the Warren on dantooine super spawning critters/npcs). Can anything be done to reduce that?

Q) What % would you say JTL is complete?
A) 90%

To me, this is nothing but fantastic news. I'm currently mmorpg'less because nothing offered what JTL did lol.

Q) How much money do you guys need to keep the server alive?
A) $299 for a single server. $299 * x for clustering. X being the number of servers (3-7).

Lol, if everyone in the community contributed $5 you could probably purchase a seperate server for every planet.

Q) How is experience implemented? with mobs?
A) Its there. We just wont award xp for mobs on the upcomming TC until Professions are in.

In the pre-cu system was the ever popular solo-grouping, while it was handy for those days I was feeling anti-social, I admit that CU's grouping setup (ie: spin groups etc) certainly added to alot of peoples sense of community.
Can there be a balance between the Xp awards for actual groups and solo-groupers from a technical standpoint?

Q) You said resources were in the ground.. what percent of crafting is done along with that?
A) Most of the protocol behind crafting is done. Just the data related items are still in infancy.

Will this be the same resource system as seen post-Jtl in SWG or prior? In regards to resource "stat caps".

Q) What are some ways that we, the community, can assist the development/database team other than testing?
A) The public wiki is still in development. Watch for it

While I generally avoid wiki, I believe I will make an exception.

Q) What would you say is the next order of "testing" for the TestCenter, anything particular that we should be "preparing" for?
A) Stress testing with npcs mostly.

*grabs a baseball bat, chainsaw and lead pipe* Where do I sign up heheh.

Q) What are some ways that we, the community, can assist the development/database team other than testing?

A) Good question. We've been working on putting up an swgemu wiki (http://www.swgemu.com/wiki) that will allow you to post all pre-cu information you can to help speed up the process. It's not complete yet, or ready for a ton of entries. It should be ready within a few days though. The other thing that we are REALLY in need of is base item stats. With out actual pre-cu information on items, we will have to guess. Which means things won't be exactly right. These are all things that the wiki will be used for.

Tricky prospect, SOE pulled or hid most of their old archives from user posts on their forums that dealt with the item lists. Chances are, searching around online for old screenies, posts and etc in different websites may yield results.
*makes note on his sticky pad*

Q) Idk if this is out there already, but are all planets finished, and how is shuttles and starships comming along?
A) Do you mean spawns? Theres a good amount done. I think 6-7000+.

One of the issues SOE addressed was the spawn timer for the Corvette mission, as a fairly active pilot I used to help stand watches for the vette in order to help out casual pilots(players) scramble to finish the mission. Can something be done to reduce the wait time to 30-45 minutes as opposed to an hour? I don't imagine it being a major issue to most of us regulars but is it something we ought to consider?

Q) Is there any word on placing structures?
A) Research was done and completed last month by Ultyma.

Again, that warm and fuzzy feeling has enveloped me.

Q) New Content?
A) New models and skins? Not supported. New missions, quests, npcs etc yes.

My only request is nothing on the same stupidity scale as Legacy.

Q) Can we expect some fun "events" to go along with the tests on TestCenter?
A) Thats the new direction our TC will be taking. Themed events for each stres test.

welcome to the TC First Ever N00b Melon eating Competition! How many can you eat before your Food/Drink meter explodes in self defense!

Welcome to the First Ever TC Helper Droid Racing Competition!

etc (sorry, couldnt resist)

My silly commentary out of the way, along with a few questions I had, I would like to offer my thanks to the Team for the update (despite their original admonishment they'd release `em when they felt like it lol).

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got about a month of updates, posts and info around here to catch up on, along with finding out whats new in the Faq if anything.

SiliconBandit
Old 04-11-2007, 04:12 PM

dont know if this is what you are talking about when you say a completely different type of spawn but this is what comes to mind here

NPCs that are predators set to patrol locations that will move towards what it is given as “lunch target” within a given range from the path (kind of like a ranger tracks the NPC would move after its “lunch targets”). To handle the depletion of the NPCs through EvE combat and EvP combat have a respawn of buggers every 10 min (less what was not killed).

Came close or just way off?

*nm now I understand when you say spawns... cant delete this myself can somone do it for me?*
Old 04-11-2007, 07:56 PM

"Q) How much money do you guys need to keep the server alive?
A) $299 for a single server. $299 * x for clustering. X being the number of servers (3-7)."

I assume that this price is for purchasing the physical servers, but i was also wondering if there were some monthly/yearly fee that is needed to mantain servers?

We[the community] could probably help
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: