SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Is there any way to attain power at this point in time?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:12 PM

Since the harvester code is still not in (and won't return until after the OR iirc), why do you need it?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 PM

I'm just going through trying everything I can. I can make personal mineral extractors so I was going to see if anything happened once I stuck power and credits in it.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:39 PM

Well to my knowledge, while those can be crafted, they do not correctly work. The code was completed, but was removed when the CH code was causing stability problems - this was untimely because the OR was underway... and the code to make extractors/harvesters will remain unimplemented until that project is complete.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Inactive Developer

Harvesters are working on TC now, I just made and dropped one. You just need to manually sample radioactive in order to power it.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltrox View Post
Harvesters are working on TC now, I just made and dropped one. You just need to manually sample radioactive in order to power it.
Nice work voltrox! And wb to SWGEmu btw.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 07-05-2009, 02:20 PM

Thanks Volrox, exactly the answer I was looking for.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 PM

Indeed...harvesters are fine, you can even experiment on them! So drop a couple of mineral harvies on some radio & there ya go

SWGEmu-craft.com - USE IT!

If you are impatiently waiting for the next big update/OR, please READ THIS and be patient!

Wonder what it was like to play during preCU? What all the hype around the old game & how the community was?
Read Rodd & kiddo tell their epic tales of the game that was, and will be again!

...has been Kiddo'd on the SWGEmu forums
Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Inactive Developer

The wind power generator I made didn't work, it let me do everything but "Operate Machinery" and then when I redeeded it, it went to BER 0.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:36 PM

I had the same issue, can't rebuild redeeded Wind harvester either.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:10 PM

Like I said. You can make/place them... but afaik they don't work correctly.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer View Post
Like I said. You can make/place them... but afaik they don't work correctly.
Only wind harvies act that way...the rest seem to be operating fine. I don't redeed personal harvies normally, I just destroy them when their usefulness is served

If you are impatiently waiting for the next big update/OR, please READ THIS and be patient!

Wonder what it was like to play during preCU? What all the hype around the old game & how the community was?
Read Rodd & kiddo tell their epic tales of the game that was, and will be again!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:27 PM

Have you been able to pull resources from the hopper, or add power after getting any of these to operate?

My impression of what has changed since Ramsey's announcement is that they fixed a few things with resources/experimentation and the spawns... nothing about the working harvester code that was rolled-back when the CH code forced a rollback. Harvesters should not be "functional" as in useful - unless I've missed some announcement.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer View Post
Have you been able to pull resources from the hopper, or add power after getting any of these to operate?

My impression of what has changed since Ramsey's announcement is that they fixed a few things with resources/experimentation and the spawns... nothing about the working harvester code that was rolled-back when the CH code forced a rollback. Harvesters should not be "functional" as in useful - unless I've missed some announcement.
Here is what I have done the past two days:

Ground out Artisan 4/4/2/3 manually.

Placed 9 harvester, pulling Radioactive (3), Iron (2), Steel, Aluminum, Low Grade Ore & Lubricating Oil.

I have been able to add radioactive power, which has been depreciating at the correct rate.

I have pulled the resources from the harvesters, and crafted with them.

Some oddities I have found: practice mode yields a factory crate of an item. The practice mode-made mineral survey devices I created did not actually work. Also, I crafted a survival knife, but it isn't reccognized when I try to fight one-handed. I crafted a CDEF pistol, and it worked fine.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:44 PM

Cool... looks like more was done for the reset than was announced.

Quote:
Full Database Wipe

Saturday July 4
4:00 PDT (Los Angeles) | 5:00 MDT (Denver) | 6:00 CDT (Chicago) | 7:00 EDT (New York)

11:00 UTC | 12:00 BST (London) | 13:00 CEST (Berlin) | 15:00 MSD (Moscow) | 21:00 AEST (Sydney)

At 7am EST on 7/04/2009 a full wipe of TC:Nova was effected. The following areas were wiped:

* All characters
* All Inventories
* All bazaars/banks
* All datapads (includes vehicles/waypoints/etc)
* All dropped items and rogue creatures
* All resource spawns have been reset

We have just fixed a crash and have reduced rubber banding on the TC. Nothing major changed other than that.
Hope they continue to work for you guys.

"practice mode yields a factory crate of an item" - Is intended for testing.
But the related: "The practice mode-made mineral survey devices I created did not actually work"
... should probably be logged in bug tracker report, since the intended practice mode crates should be yielding working tools.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: