SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:17 AM
KillerQueen

When are they switching to the new forums? Will this be soon or just something planned in the distant future?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:35 AM
QA Community Tester Team (On Leave)

Max,

What effect will these changes have regarding two accounts out of one home? My brother and I are both registered users and I have submitted an email with our info to avoid a ban a year ago. Will we have to resubmit our info if we keep the same account names?

Found a Bug in the OR? Report it >> HERE <<

"How much are we paying them?"
"They are interns. They are free."
"Well.....I still think we are paying them too much."
Old 09-13-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reken View Post
Max,

What effect will these changes have regarding two accounts out of one home? My brother and I are both registered users and I have submitted an email with our info to avoid a ban a year ago. Will we have to resubmit our info if we keep the same account names?
Good question Reken. Same here with me and the wife.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 AM
michaeljs1990

from what i get it looks like unless they lift the ban on two accounts for a short time for the registration one of the accounts will most likely be banned for the time being.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljs1990 View Post
from what i get it looks like unless they lift the ban on two accounts for a short time for the registration one of the accounts will most likely be banned for the time being.
We are not banned. I was concerned with the changes regarding the detection software they use to avoid being banned.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:45 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reken View Post
Max,

It may take a little extra work to get both registered, like the first time, but we will certainly have no problem with people that have legitimate multi-accounts in a household.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 09-13-2010, 10:46 AM
michaeljs1990

sry if i wasnt clear i know you are not banned atm im saying when you reapply one account will most likely get banned
Old 09-13-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
It may take a little extra work to get both registered, like the first time, but we will certainly have no problem with people that have legitimate multi-accounts in a household.
Thanks for the response, Kyle. When the change comes, I will make sure my account is active and then submit a new email with our info.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Services Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshino View Post

Also all the expiry dates are out of wack, half a year for reposting something? I lol'd.
The long expiry dates are to keep users from 'playing the system'. We found with the old system certain users would rack up enough infractions to get a day or two ban, let the points 'cool off' if you will due to short expiration times, then do it all over again. This lead to several users getting a slap on the wrist over and over and over again. The long expiration times give more weight to the infraction system, whereas a short expiration makes it into a little game.

Quote:
Quote:
2.14 Advertise or attempt to sell products for profit. Only products authorised by SWGEmu may be advertised for sale. 1 point, expires in 3 months
Why does this have a longer expiry time than harassment or reposting deleted messages?
It doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerQueen View Post
When are they switching to the new forums? Will this be soon or just something planned in the distant future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljs1990 View Post
Sorry if i missed it but i could not find when it was going into effect. Is this going to be around the same time as the OR?
Some of the stuff is already in effect, such as the new rules and infraction system.

As for the forums, they're coming at the same time as the account management system, which is coming at the same time as the OR. Unfortunately an exact date is impossible, but we're trying to have it all done as soon as possible.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
The long expiry dates are to keep users from 'playing the system'. We found with the old system certain users would rack up enough infractions to get a day or two ban, let the points 'cool off' if you will due to short expiration times, then do it all over again. This lead to several users getting a slap on the wrist over and over and over again. The long expiration times give more weight to the infraction system, whereas a short expiration makes it into a little game.

It doesn't.
Basically you just want to get rid of some people and have no real reason to, ok sounds good.

Aslo YES it does, 6months vs 3months, anyone can read and confirm what it says in the post? Apparently you can't.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
No way these are the corner stones to a healthy forum.

This ones a bit harsh? An instant ban for advising to use the digital client... its a commen mistake to think that its ok.

Also all the expiry dates are out of wack, half a year for reposting something? I lol'd.

lol what is this?

Why does this not have a longer expiry time than harassment or reposting deleted messages?
Seeing as a you can't edit posts in here this is what I actually meant, however the point is valid, why would that warrant less of an infraction time? Somebody trying to sell something on this site.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

cute stuff
Old 09-13-2010, 12:19 PM
QA Community Tester Team

Not a huge fan of the vB4 look, but it's definitely a step up from vB3 security wise. I managed to try it out myself locally, and, for the most parts, the ACP is exactly the same.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:35 PM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
Not a huge fan of the vB4 look, but it's definitely a step up from vB3 security wise. I managed to try it out myself locally, and, for the most parts, the ACP is exactly the same.
The look is only as good as the theme designed. The default look is bland and boring, but we won't be sticking to the default.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 09-13-2010, 12:44 PM

looking forward to it. love progress

:ROCK:

Azaree Noise/Kettemoor
Mayor/Beggars Canyon
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: