Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
You have no idea what is going on, so please stop carrying on like you do. We have approached them. I talked to one of their staff personally, and have not gotten a response either way for 3 weeks. Everything has been done on our end. The only thing that can be done, is for them to answer. So, if you know them as well as you claim, then you talk to them, because they don't listen to us. The ball is in their court. Please don't post more pointless banter about this.
If they're such stiffs then why did I get their approval to make a common ground forums for the SWGANH people and the SWGEmu people so they interact under one roof.

I'll see what I can do. If much at all, but damn I'm trying. Right now though I need your word to me you won't team up with them just to steal their source code.

Last edited by merryxmas; 06-05-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryxmas View Post
If they're such stiffs then why did I get their approval to make a common ground forums for the SWGANH people and the SWGEmu people so they interact under one roof.
Seriously stop talking to us, and talk to them. We have done everything we can. I will start deleting further posts on this subject if it continues.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM

Why do I feel xmas's power is all in his head...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM

Good Post Kyle.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Support Manager
ManagerCommunity TeamAdministrator

Sweet, Exciting News!

kellina@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com | Helpful Links
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:59 PM

Amen

Let it be as you have said.

Last edited by Vasheir; 06-05-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:00 PM

I dont post that often, but thats a class post Kyle.

/bow
--------------------------------------
Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 PM

It's good to read that SWGEmu doesn't recognize a contest to be the first emulator out. That would have the wrong goal in mind.

All the Dev's on the various projects seem to be talented, dedicated individuals who want to bring Pre-CU back to gamers like me and themselves. And also to prove to SOE, and the MMORPG market in general, that retail game companies can't just completely change an online game years into it and expect people to take it.

This emulation project has a large community, an open test center, many contributing members, and a definite end goal in mind: a stable Pre-CU experience. I would further encourage Dev's of other teams to unite here and synchronize their efforts for the entire community.

In my mind, it's not about who wins first, but rather about what's best for the whole Pre-CU community. Thank you to all who are working here with that aim in mind.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 PM

Great Post. I hope everyone interested in playing pre-cu again will follow your example Kyle.
It has been several years since pre-cu went away and the total number of people remembering and still wanting to play it has probably been reduced quite a bit. We need everyone to work together to make it happen! and on another note i dont get why people want to make a bunch of diffrent servers, when obviously the game would benefit greately from having everyone on one big server. I do realize this doesnt have anything to do with developement of the emu at this time.. but in my ideal world everyone interested in pre-cu would be on this site helping to develop, and when finnished join forces to create the best swg server of all time.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:13 PM

Wow, I must say SWGEmu team, you've show great maturity here and well, all i can say is im honored to be part of your community. You've made a big step, and hopefuly it'll tie the loose ends, maybe not today, maybe not next month, but hopefuly someday. Sony Online Entertainment's biggest mistake was severing themselves from their community, it is true Devided we fail. All i can say is i hope for the best, for the team, for the community, and for SWGEmu as a whole.

"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons" -Herodotus

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -Veron Sanders Law

12 Highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion -Scottish proverb.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzum View Post
Great Post. I hope everyone interested in playing pre-cu again will follow your example Kyle.
It has been several years since pre-cu went away and the total number of people remembering and still wanting to play it has probably been reduced quite a bit. We need everyone to work together to make it happen! and on another note i dont get why people want to make a bunch of diffrent servers, when obviously the game would benefit greately from having everyone on one big server. I do realize this doesnt have anything to do with developement of the emu at this time.. but in my ideal world everyone interested in pre-cu would be on this site helping to develop, and when finnished join forces to create the best swg server of all time.
I hope everyone can work together. I know there are some hard feeling from the past.

If SWG ANH is unwilling to join forces then maybe something as a small token to start the process. If there is just a sharing of information at the beginning then maybe it can grow into something stronger. This way code will not be compromised and both EMU servers will be stronger and more accurate. If both teams could start by just sharing information on weapon damage and creature stats and see how things are going. Code can be left out of it if that is what they want.

However it would be nice if everyone could just let bygones be bygones and work together having 20 developers sure would make the process faster and easier.

Great post Kyle and it is nice to see you take the first step in being willing to work togeather

Last edited by merryxmas; 06-06-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:20 PM

I hope everyone can work together. I know there are some hard feeling from the past.

If SWG ANH is unwilling to join forces then maybe something as a small token to start the process. If there is just a sharing of information at the beginning then maybe it can grow into something stronger. This way code will not be compromised and both EMU servers will be stronger and more accurate. If both teams could start by just sharing information on weapon damage and creature stats and see how things are going. Code can be left out of it if that is what they want.

However it would be nice if everyone could just let bygones be bygones and work together having 20 developers sure would make the process faster and easier.

Great post Kyle and it is nice to see you take the first step in being willing to work togeather
Old 06-05-2008, 06:24 PM

ahmen, nicely put
Old 06-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

I hope this post makes it very clear of the magnitude of what is being accomplished here. It's way beyond a game or some silly ego bull****. This has never been done before, and there's a really good chance that engine3 will end up being a career for many people.

Win win on both fronts, we get to play galaxies again, and the guys we love for their work get something out of it. I wouldn't deny the possibility that each of the devs here goes on to salaried positions with top groups based on the work done here.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:28 PM

I bow with deep respect Kyle and i hope everyting works out with the other teams.

Last edited by Wr00m; 06-05-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: